IGNORED

Alphabetizing Zelda

madmjennifer

For those of you who alphabetize your games, where do you put the Zelda games? Are they all living happily together under L for Legend of Zelda, under Z for Zelda, or under their individual titles (ex: L for A link to the past)? Or have you innovated an entirely new solution to this problem? I put them all together under L, myself.

I alphabetize them according to what it says on the end label Legend of Zelda goes under "L" and Zelda II goes under "A" for Adventure of Link. Star Tropics 2 goes under "Z" because the end label just says Zodas Revenge.

923694[/snapback]

exactly. This becomes frustrating sometimes when organizing the boxes, since the the title on the side of the box is often slightly different than the one on the cart. ie - the box for Super Castlevania 4 says just that, while the cart says only Castlevania 4, thus resulting in the cart and box being in a different order when alphabetised in their respective collections. This is most concerning for those of us who must have consistent order amongst our games

exactly.  This becomes frustrating sometimes when organizing the boxes, since the the title on the side of the box is often slightly different than the one on the cart.  ie - the box for Super Castlevania 4 says just that, while the cart says only Castlevania 4, thus resulting in the cart and box being in a different order when alphabetised in their respective collections.  This is most concerning for those of us who must have consistent order amongst our games

923724[/snapback]

You guys would hate to see my games then. I pretty much just "file" everything under "G" for "games". Yep, I have a couple big boxes that could just be labled "G".

You guys would hate to see my games then.  I pretty much just "file" everything under "G" for "games".  Yep, I have a couple big boxes that could just be labled "G".

923740[/snapback]

:D You just raised the blood pressure of every OCD person here. I'm not a terribly neat person otherwise, but my games have to be in order. For NES I keep a series together regardless of alphabetical order.

The only games I have in any order are my 2600 games and my GameCube games. The 2600 games are sorted by manufacturer. Atari's titles are in CX number order. Activision's are in alphabetical order. The others aren't really in any order, because there aren't enough of them to matter.

As far as the 'Cube games go, I have them in alphabetical order, and I have the Zelda games under "L", although I've never been totally comfortable with that. (Wow, I just realized... I only have something like 22 'Cube games, and THREE of them are Zelda!)

Well, sadly, The Adventure of Link doesn't have the word "Legend" anywhere in the title, so for me I filed it under A for Adventure. The other game is under L for Legend though. I could also file Adventure under Z since it does say "Zelda II" on the label, but for now I just keep it under A. All my NES games are alphabetized.

Now on my Collection page it's a different story. I actually called Adventure "The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link".

There's different ways of tackling the situation.

Much as you would find books in the library, first broken up by subject matter / category, and then call letters/numbers, so also have I organized my games collection... first my system (category), then alphabetically by title. Just makes things easier to find.

As to where the Zelda games fall in this assortment, I file Zelda games under "L" for "Legend of Zelda, The". This includes "Zelda II," which I take for granted there is an understood "The Legend of" appended to the front of the title. For systems with multiple Zelda games, they are further ordered by subtitle.

The question now is where will we file "We Love Katamari"? K or W????

926154[/snapback]

And herein lies the beauty of the "G" system. It goes under "G" for "Game: Katamari, We love". :)

First when my girlfriend put together my gamesroom I was keeping everything in an order, but then I ran out of space so I started to put my Odyssey 2 games with my 2600 games, then I put some 7800 games in there, then I put my N-Gage games in with my empty N64 boxes, because I had the N-64 in the living room and wanted my carts out there. Then I just threw it all in together with some Playstation stuff. Then I took all my Sega stuff (for SMS, GG, Genesis, Sega CD, and Dreamcast) out of a bookshelf that I needed and put them all in a box. Now I feel much better. I guess I still have some orginization as the two boxes are actually "G-Sega" and "G-everything besides Sega".

By the way, I'd put the Zelda/Link set together at the end of any collection I was organizing. It pretty much belongs in the Zs and I'd want the set to stay together in an easily reached location. I'd put Katamari under K, because that's how 'd think about it. I'd also, for example, put Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 under M, because I'd think of it as belonging with Mortal Kombat. This is why I'm glad I gave up on organizing, no matter what you do, you're never actually completely right.

Edited by Atarifever

When I went to click "Edit" to edit the post above I clicked "quote" instead and ended up quoting my whole post and adding the new text I wanted to add. It looked really dumb so I replaced it with this message.. Now, I've got this message here instead, and it also looks dumb. Way to go me.

Edited by Atarifever

Oh, BTW, I also have StarTropics in S and Starropics II under Z because it's technically titled Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II. And if I had Wizards and Warriors 1 and 3, I'd still have to keep them separate from Wizards and Warriors 2 which would be under I for Ironsword.

I've tried to put them together, but I must be Monk or something because I just can't order them incorrectly.

I prioritize my games in this style series, publisher, case style, label style, color gradient (nes black label series and a few others), controller used (paddle games with paddles games, zapper with zapper), usually alphabetizing just isn't that important, and games without endlables the organization just becomes case style

though with 7800 I order them by atari's production code, and ultimately aesthetics overrides all other organizing style, if it looks good thats how I'll organize them