IGNORED

Shining the Holy Ark

shadow460

Here's a Sega RPG that was released just before FF7. I actually delayed playing FF7 for 30 days while I finished up Shining the Holy Ark, and it was worth it.

This game shows off the Saturn's sound capabilites well with all synthesized music. It also uses tons of sprites.

Has anyone else here played this installment of the Shining Force series?

my problem was i bought it and played it after playing FF7 and FF8 so i was generally disappointed. But as far as Saturn RPGs go, it was great. The graphics were really good too. Could be hard at some times, some times you have to go around hunting to level a bit before moving on.

Overall it is a good game.

I too think this was an excellent game. I still have not found all of the pixies in it. :ponder:

925904[/snapback]

I've got 35+ pixies on the current playthrough. I'm in the east shrine, trying desperately to keep Lisa alive long enough for her to fight, and I have not missed a single pixie to that point.

You gotta push walls around in the graveyard catacombs and the mountain cave to get to some pixies in there.

Well, I'm at the final boss again. It's an easy fight.

What I'd like to do is convert Holy Ark character stats to FF7 ones and take on Emerald Weapon. I wonder how that would go?

I also found all the pixies.

WHAM! BANG! "Your pixie bell is repaired, please take it."

Takes pixie bell.

"Anything else need repairing?"

I think not.

It was kind of a lame reward considering that the Force Blade can do 337 points of damage in one hit. On top of that, Lisa has her own special that throws the wave and hurts just as much.

Well, I'm at the final boss again.  It's an easy fight.

What I'd like to do is convert Holy Ark character stats to FF7 ones and take on Emerald Weapon.  I wonder how that would go?

I also found all the pixies.

WHAM!  BANG!  "Your pixie bell is repaired, please take it."

Takes pixie bell.

"Anything else need repairing?"

I think not.

It was kind of a lame reward considering that the Force Blade can do 337 points of damage in one hit.  On top of that, Lisa has her own special that throws the wave and hurts just as much.

929161[/snapback]

How long did it take you to complete the game?

I by no means am not going to be trying to get every pixie, but I am looking for an approx completion time.