IGNORED

My talking 5200!

RickHarrisMaine

I have this thing boxed up, in the basement, and every so often I pull it out to play it. I was trying to get some homework done tonight, and I couldn't stop thinking of it! The thing was calling to me, and so I played it for a couple of hours, and I was thinking, man, it doesn't get any better than to have a 5200 and a 7800, because then you can play EVERYTHING ATARI made, with the apparent exception of a handful of 2600 titles.

One other thing, is Star Trek for the 5200 any good? I have a boxed copy of it, but it looks fairly complex, much more so than that great version of Pac Man I have for it!

I was expecting a thread about Baseball or Berzerk! :lol:

I have never really given Star Trek any play time. Star Raiders I use to play alot of back in the day, but really haven't played since I got into collecting. I was pleasantly surprised by Solaris on 2600 a few months ago, that was my first play of it, really getting down to learn it for the HSC, and it is a great game! I tend to shy away from the more complex games, not from the learning curve, but maybe I think just not worth the effort. And still so many that sit untouched to play for a first time.

When will AA start paying for play testers & reviewers of classic Atari games, I need a new job! :P

Funny...mine talks to me, too. In fact, just yesterday it said "Why don't you play Congo Bongo". Then, after 10 minutes of playing and falling in the water 10 times it said "You fell for it again, you idiot". :)

Great game, but not suited to the 5200 sticks. I quickly went to Pac-Man and Joust and all was right again. Those will never let me down.