IGNORED

Cool project: classic videogame kiosks

Marco(2)

Curt's doing a great job putting these kiosks together. It sounds like his booth at PhillyClassic 3 is going to be quite impressive and I look forward to seeing everything in person. Curt is presently working on assembling and taking pictures of his trade show booth, which we'll post news about once he's finished.

..Al

To bad the instructions quit at Part 14, when you hit the "Next" link it links back to Part 14. If you try to type in 15 in the URL instead of 14 it gives a error.

It almost shows the finished project, so close yet so far away. Perhaps the instructions will be finished sooner or later.

quote:

Originally posted by Curt Vendel:

Patience.... patience young jedi. I have not finished the tutorial yet, only so many hours in the day :-)

Curt

I wasn't sure if the tutorial was finished or not, and thought I'd better write a response and see what was going on.

I must agree with everyone that it is a great project and tutorial. Looks like I will need to get some more wood working tools to see how much trouble I can get in

I am curious Curt, how do I go about finding large enough images and ordering the decals? I would like to make a simular Kiosk for the Atari 2600 system, and if it turns out right perhaps make one for my other 11 systems..

Hi,

Actually I've been thinking about that as well... I'd like to post up the images but at 5-30mb depending on the image, those are monster files to d/l even with a broadband connection, for dial-up users it would be an all day affair...

I guess for those who get to the stage of building the cabinet and then wanting to adorn it with some nice graphics, I would be more then happy to give the graphics I've already done to the them on a CDROM for $5 and send it out to them with the full set of graphics I've already created. Thats a possible solution. The EPS format files are just huge.

Curt