IGNORED

Worst. Layout. Ever.

thecolecokid

Table.  Table.  Table table table.  Nested table.  Table.  TABLE.  Double-nested table.  Table, table, tabletabletableTABLEtable.

Table.

TABLE!!

934602[/snapback]

I just did a "view source" to see what the heck you're talking about, and realized that almost NONE of those tables (or their contents) are appearing on my end. I get the first 5 F'ing huge lines of (alternately animated) text, then a giant yellow empty space, and finally the RealPlayer control bar at the bottom. Not to forget the fixed-position 5200 Pitfall II screenshot background.

Isn't loading and playing an audio or video file automatically on page load still considered high on the list of rude internet behavior?

Edited by A.J. Franzman

I just did a "view source" to see what the heck you're talking about, and realized that almost NONE of those tables (or their contents) are appearing on my end. I get the first 5 F'ing huge lines of (alternately animated) text, then a giant yellow empty space, and finally the RealPlayer control bar at the bottom. Not to forget the fixed-position 5200 Pitfall II screenshot background.

Isn't loading and playing an audio or video file automatically on page load still considered high on the list of rude internet behavior?

934633[/snapback]

You are better off for not having been subjected to it.

Yes, audio on a page is consider in egregious violation of nettiquette.

But I think designing your entire freakin auction in XML when your sense of form and function is comprised entirely of an elephant, the entire brass section of a grade three choir, the bastard child of M.C. Escher and Frank Lloyd Wright, and a screaming Chinese street hawker that sells nothing but desiccated seal penises trumps the relatively minor transgression of playing music on a page.

Edited by Mindfield

I didn't see that many tables, but all of ebay's tables had border widths increased. So there are fat lines all over the page on my browser. These normally are there anyway, but not nearly as noticeable.

The BG pitfall image shows up as a single picture in dead center of my screen, not as a real background but only a 300 pixel picture that makes reading anything in it's path impossible.