IGNORED

What might have been (For Jah Fish)

moycon

A terrible error on my last "What might have been" post caused an "off topic" discussion of epic proportions!!!

I promised Fish I'd make it up to him so here it is... This game was known under 2 different titles back in the late 70's...It was almost certainly one of the first co-op 2 player games. Can you name both titles? This is how it might of looked on the 2600...

moycon-54.gif

(Altho I don't know that the 2600 was capable of keeping up with the diagnal lines like it has???) Would this game be possible??

As far as the sandwich it is a Bologna sandwich. The name of the game, I have no idea Moycon. I would guess maybe Spy Hunter?

Perhaps if you made the sandwich take up the entire screen on the Atari 2600 you might get something that looks like this sandwich I made...

jbologna.gif

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: Junie ]

quote:

Originally posted by ten ninety:

Another fine looking sandwich. Sorry for mistakingly calling the bologna sandiwch a ham sandwich.

I'm just wondering WHY someone would toss an 8 bit sandiwch image on a 2 bit screenshot.

No problem on the mistake, no big deal, especially if you don't know about it.

The Bologna sandwich thing has been discussed in one form or another on here for a long time by Moycon. I think it originally started by a post about what everyone likes to eat when playing Atari 2600 games.

It actually started before that!!! I had opened that thread as a way to show how easy it was to post a pic of a delicious sandwich and still keep it on topic!

I can't remember exactly what thread it started in!!!

As far as wondering why.... Ummmmmm.... Well.... Lemmi think about that one and get back to you.

oooh, at least she's posting a sandwich for me

thanx for the screen, moycon. i couldn't figure out the game as i'm no 8-bit expert .... but i actually figured out something completely different: 8-bit stands for Bologna Interval Timing .... it means that every 8th sandwich will be empty. to doublecheck that, i looked at my new package of ham in the fridge and ... see it there ... only 7 slices of ham in the package!

btw: i thought dave cranes mother started the bologna topic?

quote:

btw: i thought dave cranes mother started the bologna topic?

You mean this thread?????

There was one before it. I think this may have been the first!!!!

Followed closely by this one.

At some point someone pointed out that they didn't know what was funnier the sandwich or the fact that it was always on topic.... That's when, proving how easy it was, I started the favorite food thread. Ahhhh the history of bologna.

It's my femine speech isn't it Jahfish???

Inky got one of the title names.... There was one other...

but I don't know why you'd be driving a firetruck.

I suppose if they called the game Fire Truck and you drove a bus or a garbage truck then you really be confused!!!

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

Are you referring to me? If so I am a he The Junie name came from one of my friends trying to create names for me other than Junior and it evolved into Junie.

My name is Thomas Cosby JR. as my e-mail says, I guess you never read my signature of my e-mail.

quote:

Originally posted by Russ Perry Jr:

Actually, wasn't it "Smokey Joe"?? Not sure...

But the two games were slightly different -- one version was one-player only IIRC.

Yes it was Smokey Joe...

I am laughing now because I just realized that Smokin Joe was my father-in-law's nickname at work... err... because his name is, uh, Joe and he, uh, smokes.

Here is the link to Smokey Joe on the KLOV.