IGNORED

One of the best 5200 auctions ended early

holygrailvideogames.com

This was a real nice lot with a ton of boxed games including K-Razy Shoot-Out, Mr. Do's Castle, ROTJ, Miner 2049er, Berzerk (big box) and all of the other titles listed in the auction. It even had a Competition Pro. I wonder how much the seller got.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Yeah it may be worth more than that, but that was my guess. I figure $50 each on Mr Do's Castle & Star Wars Arcade & $75 for Krazy Shoot-out. Almost $200 out of those three. And the Robotron boxed is good for $25. I'm just thinking around $200 gets a side deal on the lot, not that is wouldn't be worth more to someone who needed any of that. Most of the first party titles don't really sell that well, but the third party stuff usually does okay.

From the moment it was listed, it had "ended early due to error in listing" written all over it...

938580[/snapback]

I wrote the seller, asking why he/she ended it early:

"Hi, Just curious why you ended your Atari 5200 auction early. Did someone offer you a good price to end it early? If so, may I inquire how much? You have some very rare items there, which I have no doubt would have fetched close to $400 if you had let the auction run its course."

I will be interested to hear the response! :ponder:

I wrote the seller, asking why he/she ended it early:

"Hi, Just curious why you ended your Atari 5200 auction early. Did someone offer you a good price to end it early? If so, may I inquire how much? You have some very rare items there, which I have no doubt would have fetched close to $400 if you had let the auction run its course."

I will be interested to hear the response!  :ponder:

938758[/snapback]

No offense meant - but what would writing the seller in this way accomplish other than possibly making them feel bad if they sold it for less than your estimate (when they might have thought they got a good price) or if the seller is somewhat less than honest - having them break a deal with someone who has already made a deal with them?

Of course they could have just realized they wanted to list it differently and ended it because of that (in which case they might thank you for advice), but I'm guessing that's the less likely reason they ended it.