IGNORED

Soul Star

edsongodoy

so there might be dozens of people with a pirated copy that he

is selling, but me and others are working for a legal release.

but they (core) won't allow a release unless there is a fully

working version.

and now we have a fully working version, so i don't see the point why this should not be discussed? Even given the fact that this game has been discussed here on AA for years now...

Edited by CD-i
  • Like 5

re. my copy of SoulStar does not have corrupted graphics, funny thing is my version starts in the

warp ship, will have to capture some video of it one day. It is a shame that the game does not have

memory cart support. I did google for cheats but could not find any.

@ neo rg -So if it starts in the warp ship then the game is not complete, yes? It would be really interesting if you had an uncorrupted copy, many people have said they did, but nobody has ever proven it even exists. If you could post a video or something it would really be cool buddy :)

Neo's version is complete.. the attract mode plays thru all levels sequentially without corruption. It just starts on level 4 (in the warpship) - or rather, it used to start on level 4 - now it starts on level 1 when you press the button ;-)

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 6

Well, but the 32X-beta has little more to see than your ship flying through space afair... no real game in it. So the full Jaguar version might be more of a thorn in SE´s eyes.

Well, I guess it'll only be a problem if certain 'people' in the jaguar 'community' make it a problem. The game is pretty much fixed now so we'll just have to see.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 8

Well, but the 32X-beta has little more to see than your ship flying through space afair... no real game in it. So the full Jaguar version might be more of a thorn in SE´s eyes.

Erm, wasn't the objection that the Jaguar version was incomplete? :ponder:

Either way, this is the Jaguar, it's 2010, the last two Jaguar releases had no permissions, if there's so many finger-pointers & boo-boys then I say sack it, make a youtube video & put it back on the shelf... make sure to greet all the miseable fecks who'd rather not see this in anyone else's hands.

Jagtards 1 UP :thumbsup:

• Like 5

I don't see a real point here. Tiny Toons has been released recently and NO ONE has made a problem out of it, and it'S a much more valuable ip then soul star. despite the fact that tiny toons is really crap, which would me more in WBs interest to stop this, then soulstar, which is a good game...

• Like 7

All I´m saying is that you should be aware of the dangers. You can release it, but consider it carefully; see Eye of the Beholder on Lynx, which would probably have long been released was it not for the poddible legal troubles. SE did have their lawyers stop the Chrono Trigger 2-hack and the freeware 3D remake in recent years.

You can never know if and how a company may react.

• Like 3

Okay, CD-i just PMed me that you may misunderstand this as a threat from myself; so to make this clear, it is not. I am not against the release, and would never point a copyright holder in your or any other beta-leakers direction. I play betas myself, even if not on the Jaguar so far. I even contributed some of the questions for the nexGam interview with you guys.

I am NOT against releasing this, all I am saying is that I believe you should be careful. If you think the risk is low, go ahead and do it. But I thought I´d better state my personal thoughts on how SE becoming the owner might have changed Eidos attitude.

• Like 4

Erm, wasn't the objection that the Jaguar version was incomplete? :ponder:

Either way, this is the Jaguar, it's 2010, the last two Jaguar releases had no permissions, if there's so many finger-pointers & boo-boys then I say sack it, make a youtube video & put it back on the shelf... make sure to greet all the miseable fecks who'd rather not see this in anyone else's hands.

Jagtards 1 UP :thumbsup:

Please ignore the naysayers - be they the usual suspects or wandering prophets of doom from the Lynx forum. The chance of having another game, especially a fully complete one, for the Jag is too good to pass up.

Plus, a new game may give people less time to create and post weird videos that make sense to noone but the author on a certain site... ;)

• Like 9

The game is pretty much fixed now so we'll just have to see.

Now this is something I have been waiting for a long time. Good to hear. It will make a good game playable finally.

Similarly with all this talk of naysayers are people ACTUALLY understanding what i'm saying?

Neo said in the past the objection Core had was to an incomplete version - IF there is a fully working version then one would hope the objection no longer exists. OK?

To clarify further

I want to see this released

I don't care who does it

I want to see it released without anybody suffering any kind of trouble over it

Edited by Atari_Owl
  • Like 8

re. my copy of SoulStar does not have corrupted graphics, funny thing is my version starts in the

warp ship, will have to capture some video of it one day. It is a shame that the game does not have

memory cart support. I did google for cheats but could not find any.

@ neo rg -So if it starts in the warp ship then the game is not complete, yes? It would be really interesting if you had an uncorrupted copy, many people have said they did, but nobody has ever proven it even exists. If you could post a video or something it would really be cool buddy :)

Neo's version is complete.. the attract mode plays thru all levels sequentially without corruption. It just starts on level 4 (in the warpship) - or rather, it used to start on level 4 - now it starts on level 1 when you press the button ;-)

i think i just popped a chubby!!:lust:

• Like 1