IGNORED

Dragon Quest VIII (8)

Jasoco

Anyone have the demo? I got mine at Kmart. I also have one coming in the mail.

I got it the other day and finally got around to playing it.

Freaking sweet! The graphics are amazing! And the gameplay is exactly what I hoped for in a Dragon Warrior game. No stupid timed battles or Final Fantasy-ism's. Just good old DW gameplay.

It comes out on November 22nd. I can hardly wait. I think something else comes out that day too. But I don't think it's important. Some X-thing or something. Whatever.

I'm not a big RPG guy, but my first experience with RPG's was back when the original game came out. Since then the only other RPG's I've ever gotten into are Mario RPG's and EarthBound. Nothing else holds my attention for long.

When my Game Boy micro Famicom arrives, I'm going to Game Stop to pick up some games I didn't know came out (Serious Sam II and DOOM 3 Resurrection) as well as show off my micro. While I'm there, I'm totally pre-ordering the game. Which means I'll have too many demos. D'OH! :lol:

Now, the only other thing that would make me happy is if Enix released a totally redone Dragon Warrior remake in the same style as this game. I would cry, then die happy... after I beat it of course. (Tip: Keep the names the same this time. No DracoLord. No Loto. Give me Dragonlord and Erdrick, PLEASE!)

I :love: Dragon Warrior.

Dragonlord.gif

The chain may be coming later. Remember it requires your friend to confirm in the email. So I wouldn't be surprised.

Still, try it out. If you ever liked Dragon Warrior/Quest at any point, you'll probably love this one. Apparently the revamped graphics engine, outside changing from night to day to night and ability to move the camera are new features. Awesome stuff. I hope there's a DQ9. Dragon Quest I'll buy. Final Fantasy, meh.

If you don't have the demo, definitely get a hold of it and try it out. Either at GameStop or EB or where I got mine, Kmart. (I mean, Dragon Quest isn't even a game we usually carry and I was surprised the other day to not only find a DQ demo holder but also We Love Katamari in the game cases! We never even got the first!) I wouldn't be surprised if Target and Wal-Mart have them too.

I'm sooo looking forward to DQVIII!! Perhaps SquareEnix will release the Early titles for the DS like they are the FF's? DragonQuest 1-3 on a DS cart and 4+5 on another would be awesome! I thought 7 was alot of fun and it kept me busy for a long time... I hope 8 is as long or even longer than 7!

As for the FF vs DQ thoughts.. I agree 100%! The classic play of the DragonQuest/Warrior series is what it's supposed to be all about. Final Fantasy is ok but not for me.

I'm sooo looking forward to DQVIII!!  Perhaps SquareEnix will release the Early titles for the DS like they are the FF's?  DragonQuest 1-3 on a DS cart and 4+5 on another would be awesome!  I thought 7 was alot of fun and it kept me busy for a long time... I hope 8 is as long or even longer than 7!

As for the FF vs DQ thoughts.. I agree 100%!  The classic play of the DragonQuest/Warrior series is what it's supposed to be all about.  Final Fantasy is ok but not for me.

948917[/snapback]

I could see 4-6 on a DS cart or something, but 1-3 was done on the game boy color, and I doubt they'll bother revisiting it again.

I got the demo in shonen jump and I am glad I finnaly found another person who likes the game my friend (sonic on this site)  hated it and I thought I just had another poor decision of a game I wanted to get.

949338[/snapback]

yeah i didn't find it exciting at all and i didn't really like the story line of it, and sorry for all you people who love it, :( ,but i guess thats its just not my kind of game.

Edited by Sonic

The chain may be coming later. Remember it requires your friend to confirm in the email. So I wouldn't be surprised.

That's what I did to get the keychain, I used my mom's e-mail addres, looked at the e-mail she got and went and signed up for demo disc again. So I now have 2 copies of the demo disc, and I am waiting for the keychain.

I think that the DQ8 demo will be on the demo disc in next month's issue of OPM.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the demo last week. The combat is simple to get into and fun, the characters are interesting an likeable, it looked great, and had pretty decent voice acting. I didn't like that you had to level grind in the freaking demo. Makes me hesitant to get the real game if you have to spend an hour levelling up just in the demo. I haven't played a DQ since the original on the NES, but I'm sure this is expected by fans fo the series. Having only played more "modern" RPGs for the last couple of years (KotoR, FF, Skies of Arcadia, etc) it threw me for a loop when I actually died more than once. :) Overall, though, I was impressed by the demo.

Edited by BydoEmpire

I know it's DQ in Japan, but it's still annoying because I'll always remember it as Dragon Warrior. Just like I'll always remember it as Erdrick. Or DragonLord and not DracoLord. Or Goomba and not Kuribo. See, once you're used to a name, it pisses you off to have to get used to change.