IGNORED

Threats from eBay user - what should I do?

The guy in Wisconsin really has no business calling you and demanding that you send this package to him. If he made a deal with this person in Colorado and didn't receive what he was supposed to, his beef should be with the person in Colorado. That he's got you mixed up in this now is just asinine. It sounds like you've already spent more than enough time on this package. Might be worth calling this guy in Wisconsin and tell him you will not send the package directly to him unless the person in Colorado gives you money for shipping and instructs you to ship the package to the guy in Wisconsin. I would then tell him to stop harassing you or you'll get the police involved.

..Al

The guy in Wisconsin really has no business calling you and demanding that you send this package to him.  If he made a deal with this person in Colorado and didn't receive what he was supposed to, his beef should be with the person in Colorado.  That he's got you mixed up in this now is just asinine.  It sounds like you've already spent more than enough time on this package.  Might be worth calling this guy in Wisconsin and tell him you will not send the package directly to him unless the person in Colorado gives you money for shipping and instructs you to ship the package to the guy in Wisconsin.  I would then tell him to stop harassing you or you'll get the police involved.

..Al

959926[/snapback]

Albert's right - you could get yourself into a whole lotta trouble if you send it to the Wisconsin guy without the Colorado guy's consent. It all seems VERY fishy... Good luck sorting this out

What I would do is, call the buyer and let them know what happened to the package when you shipped it to their friend. Then let them know that if they pay the shipping, then you will ship the original package (put it into a slightly larger box) with all the lables with the information where it was shipped and the person didn't pick it up. If they don't want to do that, then refund their money, minus the shipping that you had to pay. Hope you get it straightened out,

Tony

These type of tranactions are very upsetting. I had one recently where the guy wanted a refund, but wouldn't send the item back that he said was junk. If it's junk, send it back, don't expect a refund and not return it. Where do these people come from? He left me a negative as he threightened (where is the spell check?) to do if I didn't send him the refund. I asked him if he bought an item at a store and wasn't happy, would you go to the store and demand a refund without bringing the item with you? He was just a scammer. Too many of them. They tell you you will receive negative feedback if you don't give them a refund.......such fun. Has to make one wonder if the EBay feedback system should just be done away with being that EBay does nothing about this type of stuff. I have seen more and more people going private even though they have great feedback. Anyway, I got that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and was ready to hang it up. Now, I just feel like my heart isn't into it. It only takes one. I know it has to have you upset too, Sean.

I wouldn't do anything but tell the guy no and why, file a police report, and call it good. worst that continues to happen is the guy continues to call you till he gets bored and you continue to update the police till they get annoyed.

I once bought a "book" for a college class that turned out to be just the solutions to the problems on cdr. cost the guy $0.25 plus a stamp and I paid $65. he claimed that I get what I paid for... except that he seemed to forget that he ripped off someone elses listing description of the book and nothing else. so I got him on copyright infringement,a nd false representation and threatened to take it to mediation and give neg feedback. he refunded $40 without having to do any of that, and I noticed on his next wave of mass listing of the same thing, it was of his own creation and it explicitly expressed that it was a cdr of the solutions only.

what a pain in the ass to have to teach another adult a basic principle such as LOGIC. thank you to all of the inept idots in this world that should be spade and neutered right out of the womb. this world is going down the shitter, and all because of ebay idiots!!!!! :D

the hassle sucked, but all in all the best $25 bucks i ever spent... I got a solid A in the class :D

Update.

I call thi guy in Wisconsin (Eric) and I tell him that I still have the system but that I won't ship it to him since he isn't the buyer. He started screaming at me saying that he is the buyer. I told him that I never directly sold to him and that I contacted the buyer several times about this package. I even explained how I contacted the post office and called the buyer to tell him where the package was (since the buyer said that the post office didn't have it). I offered to send him copies of my phone records as proof that I spoke to this guy several times. Then the guy in Wisconsin says that the guy (Brian) who bought it for him is shaddy and never told him that the package was still at the post office. He says that he doesn't really know Brian who bought the package from me but had sold Brian some stuff for his store.

Eventually Eric hangs up on me because I told him that I would only ship it to Brian who bought it from me and only after I received full payment for shipping. I already paid a lot to ship this in the first place and I am not eating the shipping charge simply because Brian decided not to pick up the package. Eric wanted me to send for $8 directly to him in Wisconsin and I told him that I wouldn't do it. He wanted it shipped FedEx ground and I only ship USPS and only to the person who buys items from me. Anyone who has bought from me knows that I only ship USPS and that I only ship to confirmed PayPal addresses.

Here is the original item. The buyer gave out my contact information to a 3rd party and now I might have to change my phone number to avoid harassment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...DME:B:EOAS:US:3

come to think of it, I knew this guy that bought an atari system from a garage sale, who bought it off of a hobo on the union pacific who bought it from you. you shipped it to springfieild, USA, and it got lost in the mail before it even reached the garages sale. then a dragon got hold of it and flew it to the 'shire'. its sitting in a hobbits house being played AND I'M HOLDING YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR NOT GETTING WHAT I PAID FOR!!!!

give me a flipping break

I can't imagine the guy bugging you again. but if he does call his local looney bin, I'm sure they'd be glad to have him join their army to fight the alien invaders that are coming to visit us tomorrow at 11:15 right after brunch. AHHH!

Post the # - We can all call him about the free iPods he was trying to pawn in the past :)

Even if you change your contact info he can resign up at ebay and look up your contact info again right?

Im the whole scheme of things let me make a suggestion:

1. You did get paid for the system Brian never picked up for Mr. Wisconsin (Mr. W)

2. Mr. W obviously had some involvement in the transaction 3rd party with Brian

So,

You have a system you cant really sell and Brian doesnt want it or you cannot get ahold of Brian?

Mr. W sounds like a nut and could possibly make things miserable for you - Im sure youve already lost a bit of sleep over this and prob avoid the phone and mail.

If it will cost you $20 to ship and Mr W is willing to pony up $10 or so - I say ship the damn thing with signature required.

$10 or even $20 lost is worth the piece of mind - He's moved from CO to Wisconsin so Mr W can travel.

Just my $0.02

• 8 months later...

HI- I AM THE ERIC IN QUESTION, WHOM THIS THREAD IS ABOUT! PLEASE READ MY RESPONSE- WITH ALL THE FACTS, I PROMISE! (BTW, THE LAST NAME IS MISPELLED.)

I DID IN FACT BUY AN ATARI SYSTEM FROM SOMEONE IN MO IN 2005. MY FRIEND BRIAN USED HIS ACCOUNT TO BID, AND I PAID BRIAN. BRIAN THEN PAID THE SELLER IMMEDIATELY, IN FULL. THE SELLER MAILED THE ATARI SYSTEM TO BRIAN, AND IT WAS RETURNED TO THE SELLER- ADDRESS NOT FOUND! BUUUUT, THE SELLER DID NOT INFORM BRIAN, OR MYSELF, THAT HE INDEED HAD THE ATARI BACK AT HIS HOUSE...FOR OVER 4 WEEKS! THIS REALLY HAPPENED. DURING THAT TIME I LEFT A NICE MESSAGE WITH THE SELLERS MOTHER STATING WHO I WAS, AND IF HE HAD HAD THE ATARI RETURNED TO HIM. HE- NEVER CALLED BACK, AND NEVER CONTACTED BRIAN WHEN HE AGAIN HAD THE ATARI. FOR WEEKS! BY THAT TIME, I LET THE SELLER IN MO KNOW THAT I WOULD GET MY MONEY BACK ONE WAY OR ANOTHER- MEANING CONTACTING EBAY, AND, IF NECESSARY, THE POLICE. FINALLY, AFTER WEEKS, HE STATES THAT THE ATARI IS IN HIS BASEMENT, IN THE BOX, 'GATHERING DUST'! REALLY! I NEVER THREATENED HIM PERSONALLY- LIKE THE VAST MAJORITY OF YOU READERS, I AM NOT NOR EVER HAVE BEEN VIOLENT. BUT I HAD TO THREATEN USING THE POLICE- MAYBE MOST OF YOU WOULD, TOO- EVENTUALLY. ANYWAY, 3 MONTHS AFTER I PAID FOR THIS, HE FINALLY RETURNED MY MONEY, - SHIPPING. I'M REALLY SORRY THIS HAPPENED, BUT HE DIDN'T TELL YOU ABOUT HIS IRRESPONSIBILITY! THANKYOU FOR READING THIS, ERIC B.

This guy is a real piece of work. He's a total scam artist, and it looks like he got booted off of eBay. What a jackass!

HAYDEN, I AM ERIC, THE PERSON YOU CALLED A 'TOTAL SCAM ARTIST'

PLEASE READ MY REPLY ON THE ATARI SITE, WHERE YOU POSTED.

THANKS, ERIC B.

Post the # - We can all call him about the free iPods he was trying to pawn in the past :)

Even if you change your contact info he can resign up at ebay and look up your contact info again right?

Im the whole scheme of things let me make a suggestion:

1. You did get paid for the system Brian never picked up for Mr. Wisconsin (Mr. W)

2. Mr. W obviously had some involvement in the transaction 3rd party with Brian

So,

You have a system you cant really sell and Brian doesnt want it or you cannot get ahold of Brian?

Mr. W sounds like a nut and could possibly make things miserable for you - Im sure youve already lost a bit of sleep over this and prob avoid the phone and mail.

If it will cost you $20 to ship and Mr W is willing to pony up $10 or so - I say ship the damn thing with signature required.

$10 or even $20 lost is worth the piece of mind - He's moved from CO to Wisconsin so Mr W can travel.

Just my $0.02

I AM REALLY NOT A NUT, AND I LOST A LOT OF SLEEP OVER THIS INCIDENT MYSELF.

PLEASE READ MY REPLY. HE WITHHELD SOME MAJOR FACTS! THANKS, ERIC B.

Rip 'em up, CPU.

@Eric: I've dealt with mcgrail before, and he does not leave facts out. He is willing to remedy any situation, but you've got to be reasonable with him. I give sellers the benefit of the doubt, and mcgrail does not waste that when I deal with him.

I personally lost $125 worth of merchandise when I failed to pick it up at the post office. This was long before I ever met mcgrail, so it obviously had nothing to do with him. When I know a package is arriving, I'll keep an eye out for the notice the post office sends out.

Me, I'd have sent your money back, minus the shipping cost, and relisted the item. Of course, I'd have sent you a couple of emails, wanting to get the thing cleared up, but after that, or after not coming to an agreement, I'd relist.

As for shipping, the seller doesn't get that money. It goes to a courier service instead.

One more thing: When I'm reading sales posts here, I look at the person's post count. If it's under 100, I ignore the sale and go back to the forum index. If it's over 100 and that person doesn't have an established sales/repair record or good reputation, I use caution.

Mcgrail? Mcgrail? *shakes mcgrail*

OK, you're still alive, so this Eric or Brian fellow must be nothing to worry about.

*points to self*

I know this redneck boy from Oklahoma will be sleeping real good tonight.

It's been months, and the damage (neg feedback) is done. If you haven't already, refund his money, minus shipping, and leave it at that. Even the best sellers are going to get a neg or two.

Even the best brick and mortar game store still makes some customers angry.

*wow*.

"I left a message with his mom"...

Listen... kids... Atari retro systems are for GROWN UPs, so we can RELIVE when we were your age. When you buy systems, first off, it always goes wrong, and you end up with a big mess like this...

And it also means less systems for us old men who really NEED them.

So come on... stick to the consoles from your own generation. Everyone will end up happier.