IGNORED

Worst Jaguar Game?

T2KFREEKER

What is the worst Jaguar game? Let the people speak!  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst Jaguar game? Let the people speak!

• Iron Soldier.
    • Double Dragon V.
    • Kasumi Ninja.
    • Zool 2.
    • Bubsy.
    • Rayman.
    • Troy Aikman Football.
    • White Men Can't Jump.
    • Club Drive.
    • Checkered Flag.
    • Zoop.
    • Evolution Dino Dudes.
    • Dragon, The Bruce Lee Story.
    • DOOM

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Pro Tip for Checkered Flag...;) Use the camara view that is like a blimp shot...In another words the view furthest from the car. Makes the game quite a bit easier. You can also become accustomed to the controlls if you actually stick with the game longer than half an hour, which I know is hard to do. ;)

It can't be as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Everyone told me Hoverstrike sucked but I love it.

I find it hard to believe that _everyone_ said Hoverstrike sucked. Checkered Flag, on the other hand is an entirely different story.....it is THAT bad.....

Checkerd flag without a doubt is about the worst game ever made because the controll is horrible, graphics for its time and even now are not bad yes the frame rate is slow but forgivable. But to master the controll you must pick a far away camera view and become acustom to tapping in the direction you want the car to go about 30 seconds before it happens this is the only way to keep from...

driving 30seconds crash, drive 30 seconds crash, drive 30 seconds crash, drive 30 seconds crash, repeat...if you play this like every other race car game made in history from Pole Position on then you will experience the above experience.

Oh waite I forgot about the computer AI where a car will slow down or stop so you will crash into them....But it is typical ATARI AI (always cheat to win)

By the way Jag did make one good racing Cart and that is Burnout it plays like an arcade game and it is fun and controlls good.

• 4 years later...

I just got my Jaguar a few weeks ago and am assembling games as I go...

I have found this topic of worst game interesting. A lot of people in the general gaming public would throw every Jag title under the bus. Even solid games and conversions like Rayman, NBA Jam: TE and Doom, which were among the best examples of those games, would get an argument like "well, if thats the best the Jaguar can do, then I can just get that kind of entertainment on the PS1 for much cheaper." So the Jag is always facing an uphill battle if your trying to initiate the stubborn Joe Gamer into our little world here.

Anyway, I'll cut to the chase. I've played quite a bit of Checkered Flag, it's bad. But it's quirky enough as the oldest of old school polygon racers (heck, polygon games for that matter) that I give it a break. Plus it's generally fun if you can get the controls down somewhat (not as impossible as it seems at first). The AI is ridiculous though. Time Trial makes a bit more sense, just go for low lap scores like you would in any racer.

The worst - out of the lot that I've played - is Kasumi Ninja. Just boring for me. I'm sure I'll play worse as I add to my collection (I watched a DDV video and that looked terrible) but in the meantime, I'll be looking to add some of the Jag's better titles first!

• 2 weeks later...

The worst - out of the lot that I've played - is Kasumi Ninja. Just boring for me. I'm sure I'll play worse as I add to my collection (I watched a DDV video and that looked terrible) but in the meantime, I'll be looking to add some of the Jag's better titles first!

Kasaumi is an odd game it is like they wanted a Mortal Kombat 2 clone then mid-way through desided to go and do a slight spoof on it.

though if you are only playing Jag games and want a fighter, it ranks in the top 3 with Ultra Vortex and Fight For Life, you will definatly get more enjoyment out of it then Double Dragon 5(this is a bad Street Fighter 2 clone with no animation/very 16 bit looking, and nothing special about it)(this one isn't Jags fault as it was just as crapy on the SNES/Gennises that the game is an exact port of). Dragon, is an odd game it is a mixture of fight and quest, with better than 16 bit grafix, I have it don't hate it but it would rank in the bottom 10 of games I own for the Jag.

for me the worst 10 game I own for Jag/JagCD out of the 57 games I have...

1)Checkerd Flag...bad control, no point to game, pit stops that are their for no reason, Pole Position for 2600 is better game for all other reasons except, graphix(checkerd flag has nice looking polygon grafix)

2)Dino Dudes...I have tried to like this game over and over...I like Lemmings and puzzle games, I even like Zoop, but for the life of me I cannot figgure this game out.

3)Super Cross 3-D...I read the bad reviews and didn't believe them, because screen shots for the game look so good, it looks like a Playstation game, but the frame rate, and if you get of the track for a millisecond then you crash, so I tried to do the Checkerd flag thing and retrain myself how to steer couldn't do it, in it defence this game is not like checkerd flag, you do steer like in any other game, it's just you crash, into everything

4)MYST...MYST is just like the PC game 20 something years ago, it was only popular because nobody had ever sceen grafix and screen shots like this that you could controll on a PC, nothing to it

5)DOUBLE DRAGON 5...this is an exact copy of the SNES rip-off of Street Fighter 2, just it doesn't play anywhere near as good as SF2, plus it has the sin of not being the side-scroller beat-um-up that me expect, same as getting Pac-Man 5, and now he is a boxer in a Punch Out Clone, only now you can be him or any ghostmonster in a boxing game(you know with some good animation that may be fun)

6)Dragon...very hard fighter, not fun

7)CLUB DRIVE...this is an od driving game, with OK, control, just not much to it

8)Flip out...puzzle game that has cheating aliens that stand on your board to keep you from completeing the level

9)Cybermorph...I know I'm in the minority, but this game did more to hurt the Jag than help it since it was the packin game, and most of the general public hated this game it started their initial disslike of the JAG if only Tempest 2K could of been the pack-in

10)Troy Aikman Football...very average middle of the road football game, when John Madden was king...just very average.

The hard thing is age has made you more forgiving of alot of these games plus your not paying $60 a pop for average and OK games as I look at the list all of these games got some play value, but you show these games to friends and others without the fondnest for Atari that you have and you can alays understand why the jag bombed

I chose WMCJ. That to me, is the Jag's most worthless and non-redeeming title of all.

I can play Checkered Flag at least and its graphics/sounds are not bad. As someone else mentioned, you gotta chose the highest top-down view and tap the brake pedal, while holding in the gas, when you want to make some of those turns.

And I really don't remember Cybermorph being all that popular either. Always seemed to get mediocre press at best and that's what it deserves. Not a terrible game, just not terribly polished either. Had Battlemorph been released on cart and included as a pack-in - that would have helped the Jag big time IMO. Or Tempest 2000, in its later life as previously mentioned.

Anybody who didn't vote "White Men Can't Jump" didn't play it.

Can agree on that.

Kasumi Ninja you need to play with a friend. Actually quite a blast then.

Cybermorph, I didn't get into that one until a Jaguar High Score Club game, and then I played that all the way through. Had to leave the system up for five days straight, but did it. After a while the graphics blurs as you are playing it, and you just get emmersed with the game.

Worst game on the Jaguar currently? Really thought Towers 2 for what it had potential for felt like a unfinished game.

Anybody who didn't vote "White Men Can't Jump" didn't play it.

Can agree on that.

Kasumi Ninja you need to play with a friend. Actually quite a blast then.

Cybermorph, I didn't get into that one until a Jaguar High Score Club game, and then I played that all the way through. Had to leave the system up for five days straight, but did it. After a while the graphics blurs as you are playing it, and you just get emmersed with the game.

Worst game on the Jaguar currently? Really thought Towers 2 for what it had potential for felt like a unfinished game.

Fight for your life period.

Cybermorph got brilliant press when it was released, getting game of the year and a perfect score in quite a few magazines etc so not sure where you get the widely hated thing from.

I don't remember either situation, though it's possible the North American pubs had a different view than the European ones you were reading. This side of the pond it seemed more like "this is mediocre" or "disappointing". Not "oh wow - 64-bit in action" and not "this is awful, awful, awful". IIRC, they levelled their hate at Trevur McFurr.

• 2 weeks later...