IGNORED

METRO BLASTER IS COMING.

T2KFREEKER

A REAL SIDE SCROLLING SHOOTER FOR THE JAGUAR. Metro Blaster is coming to the Jaguar. It will contain nine levels of pure shooting mayhem on one CD. A Pulse pounding soundtrack is in the works and we plan to take full advantage of the programable graphics processor. The entire game will be hand drawn in sprite format, giving it a beautiful, polished look. Please keep checking back at this post as I will soon be posting artwork and a link to a site for the game once we have it up.

DO THE MATH!

:rolling: Okay, that was funny, sex with a bus, but can we please not make fun of the working title for the game?

Metro Sexual, sounds like a good Monty Python skit.

967085[/snapback]

Metrosexual - as I've come to understand it, someone who is straight, but acts flaming gay or flamboyant. I think this term was created for people who dressed liked that guy who used to be called "Prince" that were mistaken for being gay because of their actions. So now they can say "I am not gay, just metrosexual".

Anyway, can't wait to see this game, and while I do not buy all new Jag games, this sounds like one I want to try!! :D

A REAL SIDE SCROLLING SHOOTER FOR THE JAGUAR. Metro Blaster is coming to the Jaguar. It will contain nine levels of pure shooting mayhem on one CD. A Pulse pounding soundtrack is in the works and we plan to take full advantage of the programable graphics processor. The entire game will be hand drawn in sprite format, giving it a beautiful, polished look. Please keep checking back at this post as I will soon be posting artwork and a link to a site for the game once we have it up.

966940[/snapback]

Nice to see some Jag projects are going on !

Just some questions :

- First, what kind of side scrolling shooter is it ? Gradius/Nemesis like, R-Type like, Darius like, In the Hunt like, etc. ?

- Second, do you plan to make a cartridge version ? (unfortunately I'm of those who don't own a Jag CD-ROM).

We are hoping that it ends up as an R-Type variety shooter, but you know how games are. They take on a life of their own. Also, there are no plans for a cart version of the game due to the cost involved. We are hoping to keep the price of the game under $30.00.

967457[/snapback]

You're right T2KF, you'll have to go CD. You can't build a cart for $30 for the Jaguar, it's $39.20 in smaller quantities..... ;)

Just joking above. It's fantastic that there is another game coming out. Even better is that it is going to be $30. Are we going to see a drop in the price of new releases?

Maybe we will see a games at two levels. An $30 dollar range and a $50-$70 range. You have to be a die hard to buy more than on $70 game a year. But at $30 I could easily rationalize buying three new releases or basic homebrews.

With the greatest of respect T2Kfreezer, I don't believe you. Prove me wrong .

967558[/snapback]

Great games come from one single idea to make them. With the greatest of respect, you shouldn't have said it. That's all I'm saying.

T2k, hope the progress comes along swiftly.

967632[/snapback]

I can see that the words were a little harsh but knowing the history of hombrew development on the Jag I can understand it. My first reaction was a question if this is real or some sort of joke. I could not help but after getting excited again and again for the likes of assasins and others one fears another development like that. Still I think that we should be encouraging new developments rather than saying that what is said is a lie.

Even if one can't come through it does not necessarily mean that there was no good will to do it. I too hope that you can progress just fine but if it was me I would have hold the announcement back until I had something to show.

Well good luck

Peter

Hi!

I agree with Peter.

Game development just isn't a safe thing, even a lot of professional projects never get finished (though many don't get announced either, so you will never know that they didn't get finished) and as it is now, Metro Blaster is just as likely or unlikely to be finished as any other homebrew game, that just started. They definately deserve a chance, just like every new project announcement does.

Personally I don't hold my breath for any project until I have something to play or know a lot about the project so I can get an idea how skilled the team is and how likely it is for them to finish it.

And we all know that nothing is for sure until you actually hold the game in your own hands.

However I wish you the best of luck with the project and if it gets finished, I'll be really looking forward to a cool new shooter on the Jag.

LanDi, I'm surprised to hear such a statement from you. Especially because you mentioned that you were working or interested in working on Jaguar projects yourself. You didn't show any material yet, so what makes your project more likely to get finished than this?

Regards, Lars.

Just joking above.  It's fantastic that there is another game coming out.  Even better is that it is going to be $30.  Are we going to see a drop in the price of new releases? 

Maybe we will see a games at two levels.  An $30 dollar range and a $50-$70 range.  You have to be a die hard to buy more than on $70 game a year.  But at $30 I could easily rationalize buying three new releases or basic homebrews.

967594[/snapback]

I don't know that Jaguar games will start to mdrop in price, but we chose the CD format because it is cheaper than cart. This is also why we are hoping to keep the price below $30.00.

Thanx' all for the possitive remarks, and you guys will know once the site goes up.

Acid_Atari.bmp

Just joking above.  It's fantastic that there is another game coming out.  Even better is that it is going to be $30.  Are we going to see a drop in the price of new releases? 

Maybe we will see a games at two levels.  An $30 dollar range and a $50-$70 range.  You have to be a die hard to buy more than on $70 game a year.  But at $30 I could easily rationalize buying three new releases or basic homebrews.

967594[/snapback]

I don't know that Jaguar games will start to mdrop in price, but we chose the CD format because it is cheaper than cart. This is also why we are hoping to keep the price below $30.00.

Thanx' all for the possitive remarks, and you guys will know once the site goes up.

968064[/snapback]

I got two words for you. MAKE BACKUPS!!!

Hi Starcat. You are quite right I have announced a couple of projects and as yet, have shown nothing. I wish I hadn't announced a software project, I regret it now! I feel alot of extra pressure on my shoulders now I have spoken up, but what I dream of is under wraps until it is 70% complete(currently 0.5). My announced project is going to be technically simple, as I wish to tell an interactive story, but I wish I had kept my mouth shut - time will tell don't hold your breath is all I can say.

I mean no disrespect to T2Kfreezer, but I believe he is fantacising as most of us have a dream, but there is a doer of his word and a sayer and both of T2K and I have to move from the later to the former. I look forward very much to his project as it sounds very exciting, and even the longest of journeys begins with the first step.

Hi Starcat. You are quite right I have announced a couple of projects and as yet, have shown nothing. I wish I hadn't announced a software project, I regret it now! I feel alot of extra pressure on my shoulders now I have spoken up, but what I dream of is under wraps until it is 70% complete(currently 0.5). My announced project is going to be technically simple, as I wish to tell an interactive story, but I wish I had kept my mouth shut - time will tell don't hold your breath is all I can say.

I mean no disrespect to T2Kfreezer, but I believe he is fantacising as most of us have a dream, but there is a doer of his word and a sayer and both of T2K and I have to move from the later to the former. I look forward very much to his project as it sounds very exciting, and even the longest of journeys begins with the first step.

968417[/snapback]

Actually based on the conversation we're having at JSII, I believe T2KF has the resources to get this done. As long as he sticks to it and has the patience as well we should be in business! I sure hope so!

968417[/snapback]

Dude, it's T2KFree"K"er, not Free"Z"er, and please, don't call me a dreamer. Yes, I have always wanted to do a Jaguar game, and yes, I have wanted to do one for a long time, and that is why I waited until I had the ability to do one before I said anything about it. I have wanted to do this game ever since 1997, so yes, I have had a dream for quiet a while, but the dream is slowly turning into a reality, and I am happy about it. Why announce it now? Why not let the fans journey with the developers? I think that with keeping people updated until the web site is up will help generate interrest, it's called word of mouth, and I hope it works. I don't want to make a game no one knows about, I want everyone to know about it, I want them to know it's coming, and I want them to know that it's my pleasure to design the game. As far as pressure goes, I say good because I work at my best when I am under pressure because it's like a swift kick in the ass to get stuff done! And that's all I've got to say about that!

Edited by T2KFREEKER

T2KFreeker, glad to see the feedback on my comments, I hope you do not see any dissing of you, in my words, that is not the point at all. I would love to see more Jag commiters, and am excited that you are bringing on your dream. You know, I've dreamed since 93 of a high colour fighting game , with giant apes and high colour dinosaurs built from photos of monitor lizards, but my circumstances have not allowed me to play. I have actually wanted to produce something very similar to you, sketching with HB pencils can be very powerful so I am probably the most excited about your game. I hope you see it through. Without realizing our dreams we are nothing. I have a website in development and have my eye on something special - but I wish I had kept my mouth shut the pressure of telling people is heavy on my shoulders. Good luck - take the ride and remember there are dedicated developers if you get stuck who will help out if they can.

Dude, it's T2KFree"K"er, not Free"Z"er, and please, don't call me a dreamer. Yes, I have always wanted to do a Jaguar game, and yes, I have wanted to do one for a long time, and that is why I waited until I had the ability to do one before I said anything about it. I have wanted to do this game ever since 1997, so yes, I have had a dream for quiet a while, but the dream is slowly turning into a reality, and I am happy about it. Why announce it now? Why not let the fans journey with the developers? I think that with keeping people updated until the web site is up will help generate interrest, it's called word of mouth, and I hope it works. I don't want to make a game no one knows about, I want everyone to know about it, I want them to know it's coming, and I want them to know that it's my pleasure to design the game. As far as pressure goes, I say good because I work at my best when I am under pressure because it's like a swift kick in the ass to get stuff done! And that's all I've got to say about that!

968498[/snapback]

T2KFreeker, glad to see the feedback on my comments, I hope you do not see any dissing of you, in my words, that is not the point at all. I would love to see more Jag commiters, and am excited that you are bringing on your dream. You know, I've dreamed since 93 of a high colour fighting game , with giant apes and high colour dinosaurs built from photos of monitor lizards, but my circumstances have not allowed me to play. I have actually wanted to produce something very similar to you, sketching with HB pencils can be very powerful so I am probably the most excited about your game. I hope you see it through. Without realizing our dreams we are nothing. I have a website in development and have my eye on something special - but I wish I had kept my mouth shut the pressure of telling people is heavy on my shoulders. Good luck - take the ride and remember there are dedicated developers if you get stuck who will help out if they can.

Cool, I thank you for your interest in the project. There will be more information to come soon.