IGNORED

METRO BLASTER IS COMING.

T2KFREEKER

Hi Starcat. You are quite right I have announced a couple of projects and as yet, have shown nothing. I wish I hadn't announced a software project, I regret it now! I feel alot of extra pressure on my shoulders now I have spoken up, but what I dream of is under wraps until it is 70% complete(currently 0.5). My announced project is going to be technically simple, as I wish to tell an interactive story, but I wish I had kept my mouth shut - time will tell don't hold your breath is all I can say.

I mean no disrespect to T2Kfreezer, but I believe he is fantacising as most of us have a dream, but there is a doer of his word and a sayer and both of T2K and I have to move from the later to the former. I look forward very much to his project as it sounds very exciting, and even the longest of journeys begins with the first step.

968417[/snapback]

Dude, it's T2KFree"K"er, not Free"Z"er, and please, don't call me a dreamer. Yes, I have always wanted to do a Jaguar game, and yes, I have wanted to do one for a long time, and that is why I waited until I had the ability to do one before I said anything about it. I have wanted to do this game ever since 1997, so yes, I have had a dream for quiet a while, but the dream is slowly turning into a reality, and I am happy about it. Why announce it now? Why not let the fans journey with the developers? I think that with keeping people updated until the web site is up will help generate interrest, it's called word of mouth, and I hope it works. I don't want to make a game no one knows about, I want everyone to know about it, I want them to know it's coming, and I want them to know that it's my pleasure to design the game. As far as pressure goes, I say good because I work at my best when I am under pressure because it's like a swift kick in the ass to get stuff done! And that's all I've got to say about that!

968498[/snapback]

Wow, very well spoken. Good to see your determination. :cool:

• 7 months later...

Well, since I am back and it has been a while, and I am unsure as to how many of you have seen alot of the things going here, Metro Blaster is going well as alot of the concept art is finished for the game and the art itself has begun. ACE has done three amazing tracks for the game, all of whjich really capture what YB Games wants to do with the feel of it. I also even have a logo of the game thanx' to Chris Coxon winning the Metro Blaster contest that was held at JSII, it is coming along at least. So, the good news is that the game is (slowly) taking shape, even thought the year has been hell with all of the moving and whotnot that I have personally done and the fact that Ben works nights now. It just seems like there aren't enough hours to keep this shit going! :roll: Fear not though, Metro Blaster will see the light of day!

post-7997-1151053942_thumb.jpg

Well, since I am back and it has been a while, and I am unsure as to how many of you have seen alot of the things going here, Metro Blaster is going well as alot of the concept art is finished for the game and the art itself has begun. ACE has done three amazing tracks for the game, all of whjich really capture what YB Games wants to do with the feel of it. I also even have a logo of the game thanx' to Chris Coxon winning the Metro Blaster contest that was held at JSII, it is coming along at least. So, the good news is that the game is (slowly) taking shape, even thought the year has been hell with all of the moving and whotnot that I have personally done and the fact that Ben works nights now. It just seems like there aren't enough hours to keep this shit going! :roll: Fear not though, Metro Blaster will see the light of day!

Ho, Boy It's going to a mad house here now your back on AA! :rolling:

Hello,

Well, since I am back and it has been a while, and I am unsure as to how many of you have seen alot of the things going here,
It's great to hear some news from you here, and to see more news for all Jag fans.

Metro Blaster is going well as alot of the concept art is finished for the game and the art itself has begun. ACE has done three amazing tracks for the game, all of whjich really capture what YB Games wants to do with the feel of it.
Well that's encouraging - concept art is one thing, but when it comes to squeezing art into the limitations of RAM and colour ranges suitable for video games, choosing compression levels, sound effects and the RAM they eat, and designing levels, it's a long haul.

Has game engine coding actually started yet, is it an open team effort, or will you three alone do it?

even thought the year has been hell with all of the moving and whotnot that I have personally done and the fact that Ben works nights now. It just seems like there aren't enough hours to keep this shit going! :roll:
Well it's a tough challenge developing a game in one's limited spare time against the demands of work, family and other trials of life for anybody, and too many people suppose that they should see instant progress and demos or screenshots, but of course it's just not always realistic.

Fear not though, Metro Blaster will see the light of day!
Are you planning to develop the game for CD or cartridge? I'd imagine from what I understand of your art work it will use lots of RAM, so I imagine that you are planning on a CD release so that you can load artwork for each level as you go along?

Do you have a web-site yet, even a free hosted one with some information would be cool. Not everybody wants to drop by *any* forum regularly just to see if there's some news, a web-site where I can choose to request notification when it changes is ideal - browsers can do this automaticaly now. :)

Regards,

JustClaws.

I've traded for much of the artwork that T2K has done. I have some pictures of most of it on my website. Some really great work.

Well i WAS going to put up Freekers artwork in my new games room but NOOOOO... you Americans have to be different, don't you!? None of the American pages are true A4! :x They're all just a bit wider! Now i'm going to have to buy custom frames, don't I! More money down the drain (especially after i already purchased lots of A4 frames)! :mad:

:P

I've traded for much of the artwork that T2K has done. I have some pictures of most of it on my website. Some really great work.

Well i WAS going to put up Freekers artwork in my new games room but NOOOOO... you Americans have to be different, don't you!? None of the American pages are true A4! :x They're all just a bit wider! Now i'm going to have to buy custom frames, don't I! More money down the drain (especially after i already purchased lots of A4 frames)! :mad:

sounds about right :D

I thought A4 was an international standard?

You should know nothing you Aussies use is standard. :D

You should know nothing you Aussies use is standard. :D

sounds about right. the metric system is over-rated too. :D I mean a system based on 10, COME ON, whats up with that???LOL

Hi,

Yes, an International standard, but not the North American standard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html

It's called "US Letter", the same size as the old fanfold paper was when you tear of the holes from the side of the continuous paper you feed through your dot matrix or daisywheel printer. You do still use those don't you? ;)

Of course we have to be always thankful that Atari had the foresight to design their Jaguar cartridges and CD products to be region free (for pedants... yes, with the exception of the playtester failure, "Dragon's Lair CD" which only works at 60hz, i.e. on NTSC Jaguars, not PAL Jags unless they've had the 50/60hz modification made). Of course the cynics amongst Jag fans suggest that Atari only made the Jag products region free because the Tramiels were "too cheap" to run more than 1 type of production run on anything except the basic console, but either way, at least we don't have to worry about A4/Letter type problems on the Jag. :-)

So getting back to Metro Blaster - will the rest of the progress (like computer art) be as public as the concept art stage was, with you showing off your concept art as it developed? That would be very interesting. Despite being an amateur artist myself I've never really done concept art, rather diving straight in to create any artwork on the computer directly because the differences in size and detail required presented so many compromises! Perhaps next time...

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Edit: Corrected "Atari old made" to "Atari only made", and added 2nd URL.

Edited by justclaws

Okay, just so that I can get everyone up to speed, Metro Blaster will be a CD Game out right. There will not be a Cart version as we are obviously planning a larger game, and we know that A.) The cart si just too limited for what we are going to get going, and B.) Price is an issue as we really want to make this game afordable for the fans, making CD again, the obvious choice. And yes, as soon as the web page is available, I am planning on posting both actual ship designs and also animation frams, hopefully showing the progress of the objects and the way that stuff will both move and work in the game. The website for YB Games is under construction as we speak and should hopefully be up ASAP. We plan on having some fun with it for sure! :P Either way, I am glad that it seems that both boardas are finally on the same page and that I will hopefully have both pages support as well. Also, as suggested by Jagchris, I at least, plan to start a development diary once the web site is up, so that's another way that you guys can keep in contact with the game. I want to try and keep this as much of a game that is not only being made and owned by YB Games , but also a game made by the fans! :)

Hi,

Yes, an International standard, but not the North American standard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html

It's called "US Letter", the same size as the old fanfold paper was when you tear of the holes from the side of the continuous paper you feed through your dot matrix or daisywheel printer. You do still use those don't you? ;)

No kidding, learn something new every day. We Americans are stubborn like that...metric anyone? They teach it in school, many rulers here have metric and english measurements on the same stick, but once you get outside of school room walls it's all english. Here here for 12 inches making a foot! :D

Hey, I remember this thread!

Yeah, it has returned from the dead. Just to make things more interresting, I will also be doing a comic book for the "Special Edition" of the game. I haven't decided what the numbers will be, but if you look below, I think that we all can agree that my art is damn well suited for a Comic Book anyway. This was what I wanted to do before I got so heavily into this game!

post-7997-1151179553_thumb.jpg

Really nice, I love your style :)

Thanx', I have been drawing ever since I could pick up a crayon, which is a long time. I can tell you this, I don't know what is going to be more fun, finishing the art for the game, or getting the comic book out as I will actually be accomplishing two dream projects at once! :)