IGNORED

Guitar Heroes

atarilovesyou

It would be nice if every song had an easy version so you could at least try them out.

Jeff

1015108[/snapback]

They do actually, but you have to unlock them on Medium first. Once you have the song unlocked you can go to the free play mode and select a lower difficulty. Although some of the more difficult songs like Bark at the Moon are really dumb when simplified to the Easy level.

Tempest

1015120[/snapback]

I was referring to Guitar Freaks needing easy versions of all the songs. ^^

Jeff

I got this a week and a half ago for my birthday and haven't stopped playing it since! I've beaten all the (standard) songs on medium. Right now, I'm trying to get better before moving onto hard. I tried a few on hard and they were really tough - so I want to 4 or 5 star everything on medium first - also I unlocked a bunch of the bonus songs and haven't tried them yet so I'd like to do that.

Let me just say though - I work from home for a callcenter. I talk to sick or angry people pretty much all day. There is nothing as theraputic as going out during my lunch break and just hammering on Ace of Spades. It's actually made my days much better just by giving me an outlet.

If anyone is reading this that doesn't own it - go buy it. Within 3 notes, you'll feel like the biggest badass ever placed on the earth.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wasted away a whole weekend playing this thing. Man is it addicting.

I'm kinda in a rut on the hard difficulty though. Can't seem to get those solo's down. I manage to scrap my way thru up to them. Only managed to complete 3 songs on the basement venue.

I started this on on easy and worked my way up. That way I can maximize my experience (plus get more familar with the songs). It was kinda hard at first cause my instinct was to play more notes than are on the tab (real guitar habits) but once I got my mind wrapped around it I was ok.

I deliberatly made myself redo most songs till I got a 4 star rating. I might go back thru and get the 5's before retrying hard again. For some strange reason I have two modes. Chord mode and solo mode. When I'm in chord mode I can fly thru the chord changes easily but then have trouble with the solo's, and vice versa.

Anyways great game. It's been years since I touched a guitar, but I can feel the calouses forming on my fingers. :lol: Boy are my fingertips tender right now.

• 1 month later...
In case anyone didn't know. A sequel to this game is in the works.

Yeah, I saw that, too! I'm really excited to see what songs are included. If they can get some AC/DC, I will be very happy. Faith No More would really make my day. Getting some Ministry or a guitar heavy KMFDM song are probably a long shot, but those would definitely result in orgasm...

I've been hammering away on this game for the past 2 weeks. I've only got 3 songs left till I destroy Hard mode. They are, of course, Texas Flood, Bark At The Moon, and Frankenstein (those long solos just KILL me, and I'm usually out of Star Power by the time they come up). For some reason, I found Cowboys From Hell to actually be easier than Medium. I dunno. I've even gotten pretty good on some Expert songs (I can five star Higher Ground every single time). Anyway, this is an amazing game, and I can't wait till November!

P.S. Listening to Faith No More right now! Last Cup Of Sorrow.

Hard mode is MINE now. Every song completed, several with 5 stars, and only 2 of the bonus songs to go (Decontrol and Breaking Wheel). I've gotten most of the way through Expert as well, with No One Knows giving me MAJOR trouble. I've gotten a good many of the Expert bonus songs completed, too, but OMG, Cheat On The Church is totally INSANE on Expert! It's WAY harder than BATM on Hard mode, that's for sure. Those multiple Green-Orange chords just destroy you at the end of the song, and you're gonna be out of star power to get through the middle solos by that time for sure. Well, I'm gonna go try and get through No One Knows now.

...man, I'm feelin' guilty not playing this as much as I'd like!

Any links to the sequel?...and it WILL be for PS2?

I'm wondering when the new guitar shapes are coming!

I really wonder if they're gonna do the Flying V, just because you can't play one sitting down....that's ok, I stand up to play but some people don't....I'd like to see an Explorer shape myself!

Has anyone released a stand alone guitar for this? Played with a Guitar Freaks one and it didn't work out that well for me. Been having a blast playing single player with my friends, but two playing at the same time would be sweet.

Called the local Gamestop, maybe when the second game comes out (the guy had no f'n clue).

Has anyone released a stand alone guitar for this? Played with a Guitar Freaks one and it didn't work out that well for me. Been having a blast playing single player with my friends, but two playing at the same time would be sweet.

Called the local Gamestop, maybe when the second game comes out (the guy had no f'n clue).

I would like to get a 2nd guitar as well.

I wanna say within a month of owning the game, I am a few song short of completing expert. I haven't picked it up since except for me being bored in best buy and completing a few songs on expert (I can't help but laugh every time I play Take Me Out, because of the PSP YTMND sites :D :D :D ), then biked home.

Just gotta do Bark at the Moon and Cowboys from Hell to complete expert.

Oh man!

I've been THIS close to buying this game twice now! It reminds me so much of the excellent times I've had with that old IBM pc game 'Quest for Fame' (anyone?). I really loved that game. Once I played the arcade part with an actual guitar (the pc game only had a 'virtual pick') which was uber cool! This would even be cooler probably with the 5 buttons!

I really really want to play this, if only I had a bleedin' ps/2 :P Anyone have a spare one?

I played the display model for this game at Best Buy this weekend. I went in to the situation with high hopes after hearing everything people keep saying about it. They were met, This game kicks ass!! I am seriously debating purchasing a PS2 just for this game, especially now that I here the sequel is in the making. :lust:

I went out and bought it yesterday + ps/2 after I promised myself I would sell some of those finished 360 games.

Man does this rock! I've been playing all night long, and now my thumb ris really really sore :)

I actuall finished most songs on medium, although I'm having major problems with songs like crossroads. It would be nice if there was a practice mode or 'slow down' option or someting. This game is pretty hard! But you get so much satisfaction if you nail it!

I'm amazed by the quality of the covers. Very very well done. Also the guitar controller is very good and responsive.

I can't seem to use the hammerons and pull offs in the songs.. I guess this is where the 'real' guitar players have the advantage?

Well, best EUR 200 I've spent in some time. Glad the decided to PAL this!

98% complete on Bark at the Moon on expert... almost there... then I gotta tackle Cowboys from Hell...

EDIT: i did it! Nailed Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon on expert! The Battle Axe guitar is sweet.

Edited by keilbaca