IGNORED

colecovision emu help

jerry32

help i have been trying to find a ansewr to this ....i have the cv emu and the dollowing games gives me a lot of trouble

carnival-----won't start

frenzy-----freezes at the title screen

popeye----when i finish level 1 it freezes

q-bert-----level 1 intro screen also freezes

help :sad:

help i have been trying to find a ansewr to this ....i have the cv emu and the dollowing games gives me a lot of trouble

carnival-----won't start

975916[/snapback]

Which emulator? I know that Colem has problems with a LOT of roms (especially foreign and alternate versions). Heck, it even has trouble with near-launch titles like Ken Uston. Try a different emulator. I suggest M.E.S.S.

carnival-----won't start

975916[/snapback]

Which emulator? I know that Colem has problems with a LOT of roms (especially foreign and alternate versions). Heck, it even has trouble with near-launch titles like Ken Uston. Try a different emulator. I suggest M.E.S.S.

975981[/snapback]

i have the col em i have tried the m.e.s.s emu and for some reason the software will not run :sad:

• 2 weeks later...
i have the col em i have tried the m.e.s.s emu and for some reason the software will not run

976050[/snapback]

...not without the Colecovision BIOS rom being placed in the correct folder. IIRC, you can get the CV rom from http://www.theoldcomputer.com

EDIT - Yup...it's there

Yeah, or the recent version of blueMSX as well.  Problem is, ALL ColecoVision emulators will not work with OpCode's game demos due to some glitch in the joystick emulation.  I can't tell if this is from programming in the game itself, or the emulators.

976171[/snapback]

Odd...MESS runs his Pac-Man collection demo just fine for me :? Tho "Pinky" looks more like "Purpley" ;) :D

Edited by Nukey Shay

That's a yes and no-type deal...I use a Gravis controller that remaps through the keyboard. So while I'm using a controller, MESS is still handling it like I'm using the keyboard ("up" on the stick = cursor up key, etc). How other controller support is coming along I have no idea. But I thought that you were implying that the demos wouldn't work in any emulator...which is untrue. Sorry about the misunderstanding.