IGNORED

Grand Theft Auto on Revolution?

Retro Gamer

Is this nonsense ever going to end?

No the 360 does not melt disks. There is no disk melting problem. Unless you decide to set fire to the console.

You will scratch the shit out of games if you (like a retard) move the unit while the disk is spinning away in there.

Rockstar on Revolution? I really doubt that for a number of reasons.

Did you know the PS3 will be powered by fetuses? Its true, I read in on the Internet!

Edited by remowilliams

I suppose you could see *A* rockstar game on the revolution (isn't GTA already on the GBA). If I were running Nintendo, I'd want to launch with an original rockstar game on the Revolution, just to show North America how we rolled. I honestly think them launching with a rockstar game would make some pretty big waves, especially if rockstar made good use of the wand (and why shouldn't they, it could be swung as a bat, as a knife or sword, aimed as a gun and otherwise used to make all kinds of nasty wounds). However, Bill Gates would have to slap one of the board members at Rockstar in the face and then burn their office down for them to actually be concerned enough with "melting disks" to drop Microsoft.

Did you know the PS3 will be powered by fetuses?  Its true, I read in on the Internet!

No, that was the PS2. The PS3 is fueled by the blood of children.

Thanks. I didn't really believe it either after all I don't think Nintendo is too fond of the Violence in the GTA games.

This IS the same Nintendo that had the uncensored BMX XXX. Not saying it was a game with redeeming value, but Sony felt the need to censor that one and Nintendo just said "meh, whatever."

They've come a long way since the days of yore.

Oh my goodness the 360 melts discs... Wow, I need to get one....Must be the real next generation feature...

Actually the fix for scratching discs is very easy. Found on llama and Id imagine all 360s once MS makes the change. Two small foam pads fix the problem very quickly.

why is every one slamming the Xbox 360 ?, so it had an over heating problem of like 1% or so of the units but they have been recalled and replaced right ?. i just do not see the problem the system looks pretty nice.

i will get one when/if they come down to the 199.99 dollar range in a couple of years, but i got a feeling they are stay pretty high for a long time to come.

RA

I don't think Nintendo is too fond of the Violence in the GTA games.

Man, why do people keep believing this? They haven't really blocked violent games since the whole Mortal Kombat 1 incident on the SNES... They've also MADE some relatively violent games like the Killer Instinct series and Eternal Darkness, the Gamcube was the unofficial home of the Resident Evil series during most of the last generation, and several games were actually LESS censored on the Gamecube than on other systems (Killer 7 goes on that list).

Just because Mario isn't shooting people and 3rd party companies keep releasing games based on kid TV show licenses doesn't mean Nintendo is trying to block violence or anything like that. I very, very, VERY much doubt that Nintendo would ever try to stop Rockstar from making a GTA title for any of their systems.

--Zero

Rockstar are the next Acclaim.  Their day is coming to an end.

984309[/snapback]

I agree 100%, aside from GTA it would seem none of their games sell well. I think it's due to the fact that rockstar has a nasty habit of replacing fun for violence. Meaning the games are always trying to be edgy and ultraviolent, but rockstar it would seem rockstar has no desire to make their games actually playable. A few years back they could just ride the GTA gravy train and make people think all of their games were worth buying. This is how state of emergency became a greatest hits game. Every one saw the rock star brand and assumed it was good stuff, they were wrong of course.

And then you have man hunt, but word of mouth on how bad this game sucked spead pretty quickly so no one got suckerd into buying their crappy ultraviolent game this time around. And now comign soon is bully, does ANYONE actually want to be a high school bully? I think I'm safe in sayignt he answer to this riddle is no.

So since bully is just a bomb waiting to happen, I think it's safe to say rockstar has nothing but GTA. Oh I almost forgot max payne, this was their one other good game. And even if the sequel wasn't bad, no one bought it. If I rememebr right it dropped down to 20$ in the span of a couple of months.

Rockstar are the next Acclaim.  Their day is coming to an end.

984309[/snapback]

I agree 100%, aside from GTA it would seem none of their games sell well.

Midnight Club sells about 4 million copies every release. Red Dead Revolver sold around 2 million copies total. Max Payne 2 sold reasonably well (also around 2 million copies total) though it was below expectations.

Also remember that Rockstar is a division of a larger company. They are not a self-contained entity like Acclaim. They're basically a label of Take 2 Interactive, which has hundreds of games each year. The "best" ones get released as Rockstar games. So Rockstar could lose money every single year; it doesn't matter if the rest of Take 2 does well.

I do agree on one thing, which is that I don't think the Rockstar guys really know what makes a fun game. If they manage to release one, it's usually by chance more than through any careful planning. I think the Rockstar North guys (the GTA developer) are talented guys, but they're a small outfit and don't do much beyond GTA (they did do Manhunt, which I also thought was an awful game, though it did sell better than you probably think). Same with Rockstar San Diego, who do the Midnight Club series.

I used to work for Rockstar (the main part of the company) so I know all the guys there and I know how everything works. I quit in part because I just wasn't feeling the games we were putting out anymore. When we were working on GTA Vice City I was pretty into it, and felt like what we were doing was actually culturally relevant. It was all downhill for me after that.

But I actually found it depressing that people were really buying all these games we were putting out that I considered basically garbage. So I don't think Rockstar is in any real trouble, I just had to realize after a while that I just don't know the modern game industry anymore. Rockstar is, in all honesty, a marketing and design company more than they are a game company. That is what they're good at. The games are almost secondary. It's all about presentation to them.

But the public eats it up, and not just GTA.

Edited by spacecadet

• 3 months later...

Did you know the PS3 will be powered by fetuses? Its true, I read in on the Internet!

I knew Sony was just plain evil. Nintendo created this monster when they dropped the SNES Playstation. They should have just made a CD unit themselves and Sony wouldn't be stealing market share from Nintendo and they wouldn't have pushed SEGA out of the picture. :o But Nintendo may have had it all planned as a round about way of pushing SEGA out of the console market

But on another note I don't think Nintendo would put there seal on Grand Theft Auto. They may be trying to shed their childish appearance and get a more mature market interested in Nintendo with titles like Resident Evil, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Metal Gear Solid, Geist etc... but GTA is one series I hope they never adopt. While an M game like Resident Evil is a masterpiece GTA is complete garbage in my opinion.

Ah well... as long as the thread is up, the disk-melting thing isn't ENTIRELY without merit.

I know someone that HAS had disks partially delaminate after use in the 360. He's been having amazingly bad luck with the system.

But on another note I don't think Nintendo would put there seal on Grand Theft Auto. They may be trying to shed their childish appearance and get a more mature market interested in Nintendo with titles like Resident Evil, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Metal Gear Solid, Geist etc... but GTA is one series I hope they never adopt. While an M game like Resident Evil is a masterpiece GTA is complete garbage in my opinion.

Depends on how far Nintendo is willing to stoop down to kiss the Golden Toilet Idol.

The Grand Theft Auto series is pretty much singular in gamingdom. No other series has acheived the design that allows that combination of adventure "story" and freeform sandbox play.

I love Nintendo but I can't think of a single time they've done sandbox at all well. Almost everything in Zelda and Metroid is there because it has a direct function for the player, or decoration. Puzzles have about one solution. Except for Mario they're all about a long trail of powerups...I really appreciate that there's very little my character *can't* do at the begining of a GTA game, if only I knew where to go to get the right weapons or some other small bit of knowledge.

I don't understand why people are so against the series. Yeah, morally it's a little out there, but so are a lot of games. It's not like those turtles want to be stomped, or that Metroids dont need loving too...

Edited by kisrael

When they can get money for it they will. All exclusive title u see hardly anywhere. Sure there are a few that where designed by there one studio, but most of the games from 3rd party suppliers aren't that exclusive anymore. For a few month they will be, but after that they will start cashing by releasing it on other platforms.

About the violence in game: i really think it is stupid that people are complaining and want to get games out of the shelf just because it contains voilience. Why: because it is stupid that u can't buy a game that containce voilence, while on the other hand you can buy weapons in shops, or see movies that contain more realistic voilience.

And why are those voiliend games selling so good. Just because they get lots, and lots of free publicitie because an stupid group, want it to get it out of the shops.

I don't think Nintendo would stand in the way at all of a GTA game hitting the Revolution. The only issue I can see is that Rockstar is likely to make the next GTA game with the PS3 and 360 in mind, just because they may see that as the fanbase they are shooting for. If it's a simple port though, I wouldn't rule it out, the more systems it hits, the more money they make, so you never know.

But, no, Nintendo certainly wouldn't stop them - how do I know? They've already released GTA games on the GBA.

The gaming community's collective amnesia on this issue astounds me. Nintendo has been open to adult-oriented games ever since MK2. Conker anyone? They are obviously open to GTA-type games. So why are there so many "nice" games made for Nintendo systems? Because they sell.

Nintendo is still suffering from the Mortal Kombat I censorship. You know, that really was a marketing screw up on the level of 2600 ET