IGNORED

What 360 games are so great anyway

msaeger

Tonight I got to deliver a pizza to some guys camping out overnight outside a bestbuy so they could get a 360 in the morning. There were three tents with about a half dozen people I saw. Keep in mind I am in Minnesota and the overnight temp will be 0 or lower.

What I wanna know is what 360 game do people want that bad. I usually buy consoles at launch and have even went to the store at midnight for a couple but I don't see any 360 games that I want. Kameo is the only one I would get and it doesn't get me that excited even.  Are people just getting wrapped up in the hype maybe ?

984609[/snapback]

Project Gotham Racing 3. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved. 'Nuff said. :lust:

Jess Ragan- I like Ridge Racer 6. Great, dumb arcade fun. I hope enough people buy this so Namco can give the 360 some Soul Calibur love... :ponder:

987189[/snapback]

I like Namco, and I do hope the system gets some more games from them, but I really hope it's not due to Ridge Racer sales. I am so sick of that game, they keep shoving it out on every system but never really improve the gameplay or the variety of tracks. It's getting really boring. They really should have tried to give them a better launch title.

987325[/snapback]

Namco wants to move 500,000 copies of RR6 in Japan. I fear that if they don't come close to that number, the 360 is going to be doomed to a lifetime of Namco Museum/Gumby/Snoopy/Pac-Man World shovelware... :ponder:

I really doubt they'll move that amount of Ridge Racer. If someone wants a good racer, they'll probably buy PGR3. The 360 is selling extremely poorly in Japan...last sale figures were:

Japan hardware sales

Dec 12 - 18

DS 408,770

PSP 95,689

PS2 55,342

GBASP 19,098

GC 17,849

GBM 14,432

Xbox360 8,623

GBA 416

Xbox 182

Unless Dead or Alive really pushes hardware sales, I would say it's going to be a really tough sell for Namco.

I played Ridge Racer 6 while I was at GameStop, picking up my copy of Guitaroo Man.  It was like "Honey, I Enlarged The PSP Game."  What the hell is the difference between this and the PSP version of Ridge Racer, anyway?

987089[/snapback]

but I really hope it's not due to Ridge Racer sales.  I am so sick of that game, they keep shoving it out on every system but never really improve the gameplay or the variety of tracks.

987325[/snapback]

I discovered that many of the qualities of RR6 that I thought I liked were already in RR5 in the PS2.

With that said, RR5 is pissing me off. I can't even finish the very first event, which for some reason is a bloody GP series. I can win the first 3 of 4 races, usualy with 1st place. But I can never get better then 4th in the last one.

So no unlocking any cars, which means no doing anything else in the game. Not even time attack. :x

I knew before the system launched that the 360 would fail in japan.

987547[/snapback]

Really? So you were one of the other 450 million people? :ponder:

987713[/snapback]

I really don't catch your drift here.

Any way, as of right now the best game in my opinion looks to be condemned. Not because of the reviews it got or the word of mouth I just think it looks good. It really looks like they over did the ragdoll effect on the game though. When striving for realism never make the bodys flop around like that.

987547[/snapback]

987713[/snapback]

987777[/snapback]

I am sure you don't. :roll:

Edited by bruser_inc

987547[/snapback]

987713[/snapback]

987777[/snapback]

987783[/snapback]

You could always not be a jerk and simply explain what you meant, just a thought.

You could always not be a jerk and simply explain what you meant, just a thought.

989228[/snapback]

I can help. It means that everybody knew the same thing. You were not a prophet that came down from the mountain with special knowledge from a burning bush.

989228[/snapback]

I can help. It means that everybody knew the same thing. You were not a prophet that came down from the mountain with special knowledge from a burning bush.

989292[/snapback]

Indeed...nothing like pointing out the obvious.

Condemned is awesome.  COD2 and NFS MW are really good.  Halo2 is even better on the 360  ;)

Oh and Xbox live arcade rocks!  I've been having a blast playing Smash TV and Joust online.  :cool:

984630[/snapback]

this is the sole reason why i would even consider getting a 360: just for the online arcade. that and working designs is out of business and half of the programmers went to work on the 360.

that and i love modding things.

987547[/snapback]

987713[/snapback]

987777[/snapback]

987783[/snapback]

Nothing like the internet to bring out the jerk in people at Christmas.

Nothing like the internet to bring out the jerk in people at Christmas.

989406[/snapback]

Just at Christmas? Why can't we all be jerks the rest of the time? Why is Christmas so special?

You know, a jerk can also be someone who points a finger at others and labels them or calls them names. So sing along because I know you're a cat who can really do the Cool Jerk. The Cooooooooool Jerrrrrrrrrrrrrrk.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a tad pissed that it's Jan 05th and in spite of the fact an American made console was launched back in November I have yet to actually see one on a store shelf. Needless to say. I have pretty much ignored the 360 since it became obvious I wasn't going to be getting one anytime soon. That said I watched some trailers at GameTrailers.com and there were a few games that seem worthy of some attention.

Has anyone checked out Prey?

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1918

Checkout the demo...Not the trailers. Looks pretty awesome.

eNCHANT arM Looks interesting. I'm a sucker for RPGs though.

What's up with Saint's Row? That looks so much like Grand Theft Auto a person has to wonder how they got away with it.

I'm a tad pissed that it's Jan 05th and in spite of the fact an American made console was launched back in November I have yet to actually see one on a store shelf. Needless to say. I have pretty much ignored the 360 since it became obvious I wasn't going to be getting one anytime soon.

994920[/snapback]

My local Wal-Mart is full of them, that and UMD movies. They can't keep original Xboxes in stock though.

Edited by Atarifever

The killer app as far as I'm concerned is DOA 4.  If you like fighting games, I highly recommend it.  The online play is great fun.

Jim

993884[/snapback]

I'm not a DOA person. Give me the recently announced XBLA version of Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting, with Live multiplayer, anyday. :ponder:

PDZ was supposed to be the Killer App. Its really disapointing though. Most people love Call of Duty 2.

994953[/snapback]

Yeah COD looks pretty sharp. I'm not a huge fan of real war type games....that's one I would get....when I ever do get a 360.... It'll probably be $19.99. Honestly zero of the launch games made me want to make sure I secured one. At one point I had a 360 on pre-order, but later canceled. Had there been a crazy mad gotta have launch title I probably wouldn't have canceled. Morrowind probably would have done it. Had I gotten a 360 at launch I had already made up my mind I was gonna pick up PD0 with it. Not so much because I REALLY LOVE Perfect Dark, in fact I never played it, but I do like FPS's. It's too bad it's a disappointment to some people. I'd probably like it....but then a again I liked the last Turok too! LOL Still it wasn't near enough to give me a boner for a 360. I'll get one for sure, but I plan on waiting for some games that make my jaw drop.

On launch day, I had wandered to Circuit City to see if, on the off chance, I could get one of the systems. It turns out they had gotten 10 systems (they actually got 12, but the last two were only going to be sold to people who bought big screen plasma TVs at the same time and were in the back for private screenings), and all the systems had sold as the store opened. I asked what game seemed to be popular, and the response was that none of the customers that day had been interested in games. Game sales with the console were ZERO. The person I was talking to also said that about half the people getting the console were discussing how they were going to put it on Ebay.

Now, when I got mine on New Years Eve, there was very little fanaticism. Sure, there was the one guy that had been there since 2PM, but I got there only an hour before the sale and was third in line. Most of the slightly over a dozen people there only got there within the last 30 minutes before the sale. In terms of games, DOA4 dominated the discussion. There was a very tiny amount of discussion about Madden and Call of Duty 2. Since Wal-Mart didn't have any of those games that evening, I don't think anyone purchased a game there. Most of the line was like me and resolved to get the system there and search for DOA4 the next day.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Call of Duty 2 and Madden are probably selling the best for the console as they are frequently out of stock. I hardly ever see Kameo or Ridge Racer 6 either. Perfect Dark Zero seems to be the ugly stepchild of the bunch, because I see huge stacks of it whereever I go while most other titles seem to have been looted to some degree or other.

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to reply on this other thread, but didn't want to muck it up for the guy.

Sightly used Xbox360 system in excellent shape with original box and paperwork. It will be traded to whoever can put up the best Dreamcast bundle.

1010486[/snapback]

Ah yes, yet another stunning testimonial to how wonderful the xbox360 is. :P ;)