IGNORED

Jaguar Cart Games on Jag Cd

atari1970

With all this talk about Jaguar Carts That stop working and the Falty jag Pins. Would it be nice to have all the good Jag games Ported over to The jag Cd. This way you Could play all the great games on cd. just like the new systems. It would be nice to play tempest 2000, Doom ect. on the jag cd. No more carts!! or beter yet no more red screens. Just my Brain at work. have a great day.

With all this talk about Jaguar Carts That stop working and the Falty jag Pins. Would it be nice to have all the good Jag games  Ported over to The jag Cd. This way you Could play all the great games on cd. just like the new systems. It would be nice to play tempest 2000, Doom ect. on the jag cd. No more carts!! or beter yet no more red screens. Just my Brain at work. have a great day.

986438[/snapback]

You would have to have some sort of RAM cart for them to load onto, which could be quite an undertaking.

Pete Rittwage

http://rittwage.com

I think the problem with the Jag is not so much faulty pins as it is faulty setup. The Jag carts are hard to push down all the way and a lot of times people don't realize this. You have to push down quite hard to snap them in place. It also doesn't help that the Jag cartridge slot is not protected from dust. No little flap like all other cartridge systems....

If you are having problems still then I would get a Q-tip and dip it in some rubbing alchohol, not saturating it, just a little, and wipe the contacts on the cart really well. You'll prolly see the dark grime on the Q-tip. Make sure you get all of the Alchohol off of the cartridge with a dry Q-tip before you insert it in the Jag. ;)

Also, porting current cartrige games to cd would require a lot more work than you think, as it would have to be extensively reprogrammed from what I've read. :ponder:

Edited by kevincal