IGNORED

IGN's Ignorant NEX Review

And a lot of the frustration stems from Messiah's market transition.

The NEX was their first mainstream product. At least initially, it was presented as another niche product.

I think this is really what caused the majority of the backlash on boards like this. It seemed like the hardcore classic gaming market were the primary audience for all their prior products - so when the NEX was announced and systems offered for preorder it was likely this same audience that read the news releases and preordered the NEX only to find out later it was the same thing as the clones they already had (or had chosen not to purchase in the past).

And a lot of the frustration stems from Messiah's market transition.

The NEX was their first mainstream product. At least initially, it was presented as another niche product.

I think this is really what caused the majority of the backlash on boards like this. It seemed like the hardcore classic gaming market were the primary audience for all their prior products - so when the NEX was announced and systems offered for preorder it was likely this same audience that read the news releases and preordered the NEX only to find out later it was the same thing as the clones they already had (or had chosen not to purchase in the past).

1002014[/snapback]

The fact that they were being presold at CGE also helped that niche market impression.

The disadvantages to the AV-v2 modded top loader are very few, considering USA games and peripherials. It is incompatible with the NWC cart, the Game Genie requires an adaptor, and the Game Action Replay won't fit at all. Audio and video quality are supposed to be very close to that of a toaster, though a critical comparison would be useful. It has the advantage that it is more reliable than a toaster, all things being equal, and it is smaller than a toaster. Though a refurbished toaster can be made quite reliable, it will need to be refurbished every 5 to 10 years to stay reliable, while the top loader needs less love.

It has the advantage that ... it is smaller than a toaster. 

On the other hand, it's top-loading.

My toaster is in a space that I can't stick any other game machines in, because it doesn't need a lot of vertical clearance.

And I've previously stacked a 2600 on top of it because it was essentially free space. The NES didn't actually cost me the 8"*10" rectangle it occupied, unlike almost any other system.

The top-loader loses the shelf-like attributes of the toaster, and requires a LOT of vertical clearance due to the size of NES carts.

Just pointing out thst size isn't everything.

Good point.  So a toaster might actually cost less space. 

Right. All depends on the specific setup.

Though the fact that its AV cables plug into the side is really annoying.

1005192[/snapback]

Definitely.

*slaps Nintendo America*

• 4 years later...

To Who it may concern

It is 2011,but I bought this Generation in December of 2010 for my daughter Birthday. I notice everyone said there

was an official list of NES compatibility list from the Company that made this system.

I cannot find it. Did anyone make a copy of that list or the 21 games they say that will not play on this system.

I need a copy of the list so I will not buy the wrong games,and have my daughter really disapointed.

Here mom was killed about 4 years ago in a car wreck and it still hard on her,so I don;t want to mess up by

buying the wrong games for her. Well have them not work.

Thanks

SKW