IGNORED

Escape from Supercade rom?

bjk7382

I just purchased this book (Supercade) because of This Thread on Klov Now just tonight I am browsing the internet archive on news links on the atari 2600 nexus from 2000. And it looks like there was a 2600 game developed by Eric Bacher and Igor Barzilai of Ébivision to celebrate the release of the book. News article on it Here

Now I know it is a fat chance that this rom ever saw the light of day, but does anyone here have the cart? (from cge 00)

I just thought it was neat that I ran across a 2600 game on the book I bought yesterday for a completely different reason. :)

I just purchased this book (Supercade) because of This Thread on Klov Now just tonight I am browsing the internet archive on news links on the atari 2600 nexus from 2000. And it looks like there was a 2600 game developed by Eric Bacher and Igor Barzilai of Ébivision to celebrate the release of the book. News article on it Here

Now I know it is a fat chance that this rom ever saw the light of day, but does anyone here have the cart? (from cge 00)

I just thought it was neat that I ran across a 2600 game on the book I bought yesterday for a completely different reason. :)

987217[/snapback]

I love running into KLOV stuff over here. Re: the rom...I'd like to know, too

AFAIK it has been released by Ebivison, but under a different name (Allia Quest?).

987260[/snapback]

They released it as Power Off! I've never played the original game, so I have no idea how much Power Off! differs from Supercade, except fror the obvious name change.

..Al

Thanks for the info guys. I already own power off, and like it quite a bit. I will have to get a saved search going on ebay and have them email me if anyone lists one of these limited editions from '00. :)

Edit: And if I am not mistaken, it is a Hozer relase right?

Edited by bjk7382

AFAIK it has been released by Ebivison, but under a different name (Allia Quest?).

987260[/snapback]

They released it as Power Off! I've never played the original game, so I have no idea how much Power Off! differs from Supercade, except fror the obvious name change.

..Al

987263[/snapback]

I played the orignal at CGE. Aside from the title screen, the game appears to be identical to Power Off. There was some talk of distrubuting the game to coincide with the release of the book. I'm not sure why this never materialized.

As always, Power Off is another quaility title from Ebivision requiring developing some skills to master the game. I highly recommend this game :)

Regards,

-Lee

There was some talk of distrubuting the game to coincide with the release of the book. I'm not sure why this never materialized.

Regards,

-Lee

987442[/snapback]

So it never did get released at cge? Bummer...

987444[/snapback]

Nope, as far as I know there are no copies of this game floating around in cartridge form. I wasn't at the show in 2000, but I believe that everyone who bought the book at the show was supposed to have a cartridge mailed to them. I've never heard a definitive explanation for why the cartridges were never sent out. At least Ebivision was able to release the game with a different name.

..Al

What happened was that soon after Supercade was released, Van Burnham got married (and I think also had a kid) and abruptly stopped participating in the hobby. That's what I heard at least. She never made any kind of statement and she stopped replying to emails.

I don't know if she's ever gotten back into it, but at the time she left everyone hanging regarding Supercade.

I'd be curious to know if she ever went to any subsequent shows. If she has a young child I'd think it would be impractical (as it is in my case).

• Like 1

• 13 years later...

So it sounds like 18 years after the fact a winner of this game got his copy? Saw it posted on the Atari Age FB page, that someone won this at the CGE2k1 and finally received his copy, and included a picture!! I remember when they were selling a book with a game years ago, and had considered purchasing, but never did. Guess it was for the best since it never really happened. Interesting to see that someone actually got a copy of the game all this time later. Sorry if this was brought up in another thread, I did a search and this is the latest thread that popped up.

post-544-0-49161000-1558043049.jpg

Edited by moycon
  • Like 2

So it sounds like 18 years after the fact a winner of this game got his copy? Saw it posted on the Atari Age FB page, that someone won this at the CGE2k1 and finally received his copy, and included a picture!! I remember when they were selling a book with a game years ago, and had considered purchasing, but never did. Guess it was for the best since it never really happened. Interesting to see that someone actually got a copy of the game all this time later. Sorry if this was brought up in another thread, I did a search and this is the latest thread that popped up.

Nice.

Relabelled Atari red label Venture carts IIRC.

8)

Nice.

Relabelled Atari red label Venture carts IIRC.

8)

Hmmmm I thought it was supposed to be a platform game?

Check out this old page about CGE 2k. They mention the game and it looks like show a picture of it. Kind of reminds me of Fast Eddie.

pic078.jpg

• 2 months later...