IGNORED

Cheating MarioKart DS Bastards! (question)

kevin242

Okay this is really driving me crazy (no pun!) Yesterday I couldnt play

this game to save my life and I didnt have this prob. Today Im a teeny

bit better and each time I play the oponents disconnect when I start to

win? What the hell is up with that? They are cheating!!!

Also it seem's to take a while to get 2 or 3 people on for a match...

so my question is, is there a way to play with people who arent

cheaters and just want to have fun? WHy are they cheating anyway

what difference does it make?

Thanks a million!

Kevin

they do it to me all the time  :sad:

everytime when i am actually winning they disconnect :sad:

even when i am losing i dont :sad:

btw my mkds username is pizza :D

989588[/snapback]

do you know why they do it? Also is there some way I can use your name to so

that when you are one we can race? Im not clear on this friend codes business, Im

hoping someone who has had the game for a while can clue me into all this.

until then, Im so addicted to Mario and Luigi Partners in time, it is such a stupid

little game, and I dont even like RPG's (altho now Im thinking maybe I do?!?) but I

cant stop playing this game!!

Just share your friends codes with people you want to play with. Then prearrange a time you'll both be online and the game will hook you up.

It didn't seem like there would be a way to cheat on MKDS but leave it to the hackers. Someone was able to patch the rom (which can run from a flashcart) to let you play all the tracks online not just the 1/3 of them provided online. Seems like a neat trick but the creator of the hack said it was possible for him to confuse the online servers to play on his DS a different shorter track while everyone that was racing against him was running a longer track. End result he won every race because he crossed the finish line long before the others.

Pretty sad, the hacked rom that's out there now has this ability to choose a different course taken out. But I think it's only a matter of time before someone figures out how to put it back in.

until then, Im so addicted to Mario and Luigi Partners in time, it is such a stupid

little game, and I dont even like RPG's (altho now Im thinking maybe I do?!?) but I

I have been playing that for about six hours today. The boss battles are damn long. I'm probably not doing some trick right or something but fighting that rock guy by the volcano took me about an hour.

I have been playing that for about six hours today. The boss battles are damn long. I'm probably not doing some trick right or something but fighting that rock guy by the volcano took me about an hour.

989646[/snapback]

6 hours!!! You are addicted like me... who need's drugs right? This game

look's so lame from the commercials and the box, I would never of bought

it... but someone got it for me as a gift and Im so glad they did!! It's funny

I have this pentium 4 computer I put together with a 300 dollar gfx card

and a collection of good games.. but I spend way more time playing my DS!!

It's really a fun system and I think most retro gamers would really enjoy

many of the games. Like Castelvania DS for example is a retrogamers

dream come true.

I only wish there was an official DS flash mem cart and more emulators

that ran on the DS (as opposed to the GBA) then this would just be the

ultimate portable system.

You know what pisses me off? When people choose the stages I hate the most... Rainbow Road, Sky Garden, and that accursed Baby Park. They're like Jess Kryptonite... unless you're blind and have all your limbs amputated, you're guaranteed to win against me. Naturally, those are the stages that everyone insists on picking. Apparently, they know that I'll too busy falling over the sides of the track to actually race.

JR

989646[/snapback]

6 hours!!! You are addicted like me... who need's drugs right? This game

look's so lame from the commercials and the box, I would never of bought

it... but someone got it for me as a gift and Im so glad they did!! It's funny

I have this pentium 4 computer I put together with a 300 dollar gfx card

and a collection of good games.. but I spend way more time playing my DS!!

It's really a fun system and I think most retro gamers would really enjoy

many of the games. Like Castelvania DS for example is a retrogamers

dream come true.

I only wish there was an official DS flash mem cart and more emulators

that ran on the DS (as opposed to the GBA) then this would just be the

ultimate portable system.

989672[/snapback]

Yeah...I've been working on Partners in Time for the whole three days I've been off. This game is totally addictive! As far as your computer goes, mine's getting neglected as well for the DS.

Back on topic, cheaters are everywhere. I mean, you expect to lose once in awhile, perhaps more so, right? And to disconnect in the middle of a game because you're in last place is just so lame. That's giving up, and the wussy way out. I'd finish the race even IF I came in dead last.

Steve

..back on topic, cheaters are everywhere. I mean, you expect to lose once in awhile, perhaps more so, right? And to disconnect in the middle of a game because you're in last place is just so lame. That's giving up, and the wussy way out. I'd finish the race even IF I came in dead last.

Steve

989760[/snapback]

Yea and the thing that really sucks is I sit there waiting for 10 minutes to actually

race and then when I finally get too... I get about 1 and a half minutes of racing

before it freezes up and says "oppent A has dropped out."

It didn't seem like there would be a way to cheat on MKDS but leave it to the hackers.  Someone was able to patch the rom (which can run from a flashcart) to let you play all the tracks online not just the 1/3 of them provided online. End result he won every race because he crossed the finish line long before the others.

989645[/snapback]

Jeez, seems like every other game I play I'm playing against that hacked rom. :x I can be speed boosting for 90% of a race and someone will come up from WAAAAY behind and pass me! If I feel someone is cheating in that manner, that's when I shut it off and let them play with themselves.

It really does ruin the game for those of us who'd like to play fairly and honestly. What's the skill in using a hacked rom/cheat code to better everyone else? Just so you can say that you've beaten all competitors? Yeah, right. Try that without your hacked out little roms, you little loser. A real competitor would kick your butt from one end of the race course to the other.

Steve :x

Why don't you AA members get together and play? None of you would disconnect, would ya?

I've been debating wheter to get one of these. You guys have sparked my interest. I was trying to wait to see if Nintendo would do a brighter screen for the DS like they did for the GBA. Oh well, no need to let that stop me from some Mario Kart fun :D

Why don't you AA members get together and play? None of you would disconnect, would ya?

I think we've all already put each other on our friends list. Thing is, we're not all playing at the same time.

I've been debating wheter to get one of these. You guys have sparked my interest. I was trying to wait to see if Nintendo would do a brighter screen for the DS like they did for the GBA. Oh well, no need to let that stop me from some Mario Kart fun :D

990369[/snapback]

The DS screens are already backlit like the new SP.

You know what pisses me off?  When people choose the stages I hate the most... Rainbow Road, Sky Garden, and that accursed Baby Park.  They're like Jess Kryptonite... unless you're blind and have all your limbs amputated, you're guaranteed to win against me.  Naturally, those are the stages that everyone insists on picking.  Apparently, they know that I'll too busy falling over the sides of the track to actually race.

JR

989719[/snapback]

I always wait for everyone to pick a track, then out of the ones they chose, I pick the one I want, that way I can get the track I'm best at out of those selections. Its not my fault it seems like everyone wants to race on the classic Mario Circuit...that one is so boring...and Baby Park is a pos luck stage.

990392[/snapback]

I think he means brighter like the Gameboy Micro, which is supposed to

have brighter screens then the DS. The next generation of the Ds prob

will have brighter screens like the Micro, but I dont know how he can

wait...

Edited by kevin242

990392[/snapback]

I think he means brighter like the Gameboy Micro, which is supposed to

have brighter screens then the DS. The next generation of the Ds prob

will have brighter screens like the Micro, but I dont know how he can

wait...

990755[/snapback]

I don't see what the point is of waiting. It's not like anyone can look at the DS's backlighting and say it's not great.

they do it to me all the time  :sad:

everytime when i am actually winning they disconnect :sad:

even when i am losing i dont :sad:

btw my mkds username is pizza :D

I don't see how it's cheating anymore since if you disconnect from a race.. you get a loss. And the person remaining gets a win. It didn't always used to be that way.. but it is now.

The drawback is.. sometimes connections over the internet just simply drop off... it's the way of things. And EVERYONE will ALWAYS get the message "your opponent has disconnected" which may or may not be true. You might be the one who disconnected without you knowing it. Anyway, there's just really no way to know for sure. Just roll with it. It's the standard message.

You know what pisses me off?  When people choose the stages I hate the most... Rainbow Road, Sky Garden, and that accursed Baby Park.  They're like Jess Kryptonite... unless you're blind and have all your limbs amputated, you're guaranteed to win against me.  Naturally, those are the stages that everyone insists on picking.  Apparently, they know that I'll too busy falling over the sides of the track to actually race.

JR

989719[/snapback]

i hate rainbow road! the worst i assure you that the only way i'd beat you on that course would be to see who can fly off the side of the raod the most :D

• 2 months later...

Seems like there is a new way to cheat... in Sky Garden, there's this place where the other players intentionally fall off the course and re-appear up ahead on the track! What's going on with this? Not sure if this happens on other tracks, but it definitely happens on Sky Garden. :x