IGNORED

Thrust question

chrisr

Does anyone know why Thrust is more money than the rest of the games over at hozer? I know it a 16k cart, so my guess is that the bank switching hardware and bigger eprom? Just curious. I was thinking about ordering it when I recover finacially from my root canal. Talk about the gift that keeps giving! Painfull before, during and after, plus painfull in the pocket real bad!

Chris

Yeah, crowns are a 'pain', but it's gold right?It's sort of like having permanent jewelry in your mouth--until the crown falls out-which it will someday.

(now before this goes off-topic)

Thrust is expensive&very popular at this time, but worth every penny.

quote:

Originally posted by dwh:

Yeah, crowns are a 'pain', but it's gold right?It's sort of like having permanent jewelry in your mouth--until the crown falls out-which it will someday.

(now before this goes off-topic)

Thrust is expensive&very popular at this time, but worth every penny.

Thank GOD! I don't need a cap. Just the root canal and a "post and core" A cap is like another $600.

Chris

quote:

Originally posted by chrisr:

Does anyone know why Thrust is more money than the rest of the games over at hozer? I know it a 16k cart, so my guess is that the bank switching hardware and bigger eprom?

That's one of the reasons, the other one is, that Randy had to take a larger risk, because it's the only 16K homebrew game yet and he had to buy the boards in quantities.

I still hope the prize may drop a bit in the future. But I cannot decide that.

BTW: My "symbolic" royalties for this game are the same as for all the other royalty games.

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Jentzsch:

[qb]I'm not sure some one from out of the U.S. will get that?

A Germany with lousy English knowledge (me!)doesn't exactly, I guess.   [/QB]

In the US, it is common for people to stand in/around busy intersections with a sign around there neck saying will work for food. Basically someone trying to solicit a day of work. Sometimes it is difficult for someone to apply for a job if they have no phone or home address.

Chris

quote:

In the US, it is common for people to stand in/around busy intersections with a sign around there neck saying will work for food. Basically someone trying to solicit a day of work. Sometimes it is difficult for someone to apply for a job if they have no phone or home address.

That's the part I understood quite well, but "That about it?" and why Nukey Shay said this, is not really clear. What was he refering to?

BTW: This IS a hobby for me. Else, I would have starved already.