IGNORED

What are your all-time XBOX top ten?

Room 34

Of all the games that are not on your list I would recommend the following...Beyond Good & Evil

I loved B,G & E.

995241[/snapback]

I looked up that game and at least one person said it was similar to the GTA games in how you have a big sandbox to play in if you want. Is that true? If so, I might want to buy it.

995502[/snapback]

As much as I liked the game I would hardly rank it in the same arena as GTA when it comes to sandbox play. There are a limited number of things you can do outside the main plot but not much. It has a limited amount of freedom, but not that much.

Plus it is a very short game. A game like Jak 2 and Jak 3 have more in common with GTA than BG&E.

Moving on to the top 10 list. Mod your xbox and you'll be in gaming/multimedia heaven!!!

Edited by Shannon

Reading everyone's list is like going back in time over the last 4 years, so many great hours spent on the Xbox.

Of course Halo and Halo II

Beyond Good and Evil pretty shiny, good story, little Pokemon Snap!, and not extremelly difficult

Jet Set Radio Future hands down my favorite game on the Xbox

Jade Empire, Sudeki, Fable lots and lots of hours

Watched Doom 3 loved it but had to hide my eyes just watching it, no way I could play it :D

Serious Sam - sooooooo much fun!!!!

XIII - game is worth it for the soundtrack alone

Indigo Prophecy and Still-life - still working on them

and of course Azurik - probably the worst game ever on the Xbox but I've probably spent more time playing that than anything but the Halos and JSRF

The thing is only you know what you like and there are so many games that you can find used for cheap, that you can try a lot of them, find out what you like and don't like .

and of course Azurik - probably the worst game ever on the Xbox but I've probably spent more time playing that than anything but the Halos and JSRF

999364[/snapback]

If it's such a bad game why did you play it for so long? :ponder:

999368[/snapback]

Like I said only you know what you like, and just like I enjoy really campy horror films, I love really unpopular video games. Azurik was the second or third game I played on the Xbox, and though the graphics are horrible, so many gliches its pathetic, I've got a soft spot for it. Not to mention its pretty huge, you spend hours and hours just running back and forth between the areas you have to do stuff in, it takes a long time to finish the game. It's my shame, I love Azurik.

I am quite dissapointed nobody has mentoined Shenmue 2. Sure, it is a little linear, but the story is beautifully crafted with pure love and attention to detail and it has voiceovers which are essential in any adventure???

Personally, I'd like to mention my biggest dssapointment. BattleFront II. The original is easily my favourite game, and I dreamt of being able to fight in space, but your ship just explodes suddenly ( youve been killed) and it feels a lot like Mechwarrior 2. No, I was bitterly brought down to earth with a thud.

I am quite dissapointed nobody has mentoined Shenmue 2. Sure, it is a little linear, but the story is beautifully crafted with pure love and attention to detail and it has voiceovers which are essential in any adventure???

Personally, I'd like to mention my biggest dssapointment. BattleFront II. The original is easily my favourite game, and I dreamt of being able to fight in space, but your ship just explodes suddenly ( youve been killed) and it feels a lot like Mechwarrior 2. No, I was bitterly brought down to earth with  a thud.

1000432[/snapback]

Yes how could I forget Shenmue, although I liked the first on the DC better. The ending of 2 was far too pointless and drawn out. If they would have made the third it would not have mattered, but the way it was, bleh.

I liked Shenmue 2 on the DC better - Japanese voice acting and got to play it a year earlier! Personally I liked the ending - it was like an entire disc dedicated to a playable ending. Anyways, here's my list (roughly in order):

1. KotoR - great writing, fun combat, and the best use of the Star Wars license in a long, long time.

2. Panzer Dragoon Orta - the reason I bought an Xbox.

3. Soul Calibur 2 - what the heck, not a perfect game, but great looking and lots of fun.

4. Halo - well executed FPS with a story that made me care about what I was doing

5. NFL Street 2 - despite the cheesy wannabe-hip-hop production and goofy character art, the game was just fun. Great single player "Own the City" mode.

6. Outrun 2 - I'm not too into modern racing games. Too much work, I guess. This was a fantastic pick-up-and play racer. Being this purty helps, too. :)

7. NFL 2k5 - lots of cool features, even if some of them weren't well designed and/or buggy. But still awfully fun.

8. Midway Arcade Treasures - FINALLY a Midway compo that's not the same as the five thousand versions of Robotron/Defender/Joust/etc they'd been putting out for years. Great selection of games.

9. Madden '06 - everyone seemed to complain about this simply because of EA's NFL deal. The game looks awesome, it has a franchise mode I can actually get into for the first time ever, and the game continued to evolve.

10. Fable - It didn't live up to its potential in many respects, but it was still a quality game and worth playing. I'd be interested in a sequel.

Edited by BydoEmpire