IGNORED

Parker Bros Shop Demo Unit

diamondeyes33

Hi,

Has anyone come across a Parker Bros Shop Demo Unit made by Oakley Young Associates of Leicester, England before? I have been clearing out the loft and have found one that we bought in the 80's, it is in near mint condition, I hooked it up to the tv yesterday and it works great! It holds 24 cartridges in a lockable compartment and the old 6 switch 2600 fits inside the unit.

It has an LED display which shows the cartridge number selected and a variable timer to set the length of play time, this can be over-ridden if nec.

I have posted some pictures in the gallery for anyone who is interested.

Could anyone tell me any more about it, like whether it's rare or if they were mass produced (I don't think they were as I have trawled the internet and forums and have not come accross one yet)?

Cheers :)

Edited by diamondeyes33

I am not the best person to judge this but I would at least say that there are likely a few collectors here that would make you a nice offer for this item. Ebay is a good place to start if you want to see what you can get for it. Advertise your auction on video game forums like Atari Age etc.. to boost your auctions views. Are you planning to sell this or just get it appraised?

Hi,

Has anyone come across a Parker Bros Shop Demo Unit made by Oakley Young Associates of Leicester, England before? I have been clearing out the loft and have found one that we bought in the 80's, it is in near mint condition, I hooked it up to the tv yesterday and it works great! It holds 24 cartridges in a lockable compartment and the old 6 switch 2600 fits inside the unit.

It has an LED display which shows the cartridge number selected and a variable timer to set the length of play time, this can be over-ridden if nec.

I have posted some pictures in the gallery for anyone who is interested.

Could anyone tell me any more about it, like whether it's rare or if they were mass produced (I don't think they were as I have trawled the internet and forums and have not come accross one yet)?

Cheers :)

995944[/snapback]

If you plan to put it on ebay, let me know. I am VERY interested!!! This would look very nice next to my Imagic Previewer. :)

Hi, thank you all for your interest. I put my pictures in the gallery yesterday and now I can't find them either :? , they weren't entered under a specific group as I couldn't find anywhere to do that? (I'm new to this!)

The album is called Parker Bros Shop Demo Unit. Please can someone tell me what I have done wrong and how to correct it.

Thanks

Mandy :)

Yep it is a very neat unit!

The only thing is it takes a while to fit the console inside as you have to remove 4 screws, 2 at the back and 2 in the bottom of joystick holder, you remove the whole grey plastic section and then the 2600 console sits inside a pre moulded base. There is a cable which attaches from the unit into the left joystick port in the 2600, this then has 2 outputs on the back of the unit, 1 for paddles and 1 for left joystick. The right joystick cable goes through the back of the unit and straight into the 2600 right joystick port. Your normal atari power cable goes into the back of the unit and an additional power feed from the unit goes into the power input on the 2600. Finally a ribbon from the unit with a cartridge attachment goes into the cartridge slot on the console, screw it back up and insert some cartridges and your ready to go! Not something that can be done in a hurry but well worth the effort.

Thanks for your comment,

Mandy ;)

Edited by diamondeyes33