IGNORED

Ladybug - 2600

johnnywc

Guess never mind, tried other games and no issues. Ran binary via harmony with no issues. Cleaned my cart and it appears to have resolved itself. I've never had a non 40 year old game ever act crazy before. Guess first time for anything. BTW what is the preferred method to clean my systems contacts, maybe that's in order.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

On 8/10/2008 at 4:30 AM, Nukey Shay said:

It wasn't due to being ripped-off on occasion. It's widely due to complaints from pressure groups that arcades increase delinquency and/or truancy.

There were times I skipped just to play on my Apple II. Each time I learned something that turned out to be more valuable than the shit they were doing in school. Oftentimes I'd do the arcade too - but went close to dismissal time so as not to raise the alarm.

On 1/24/2010 at 3:04 PM, atarilovesyou said:

Man, so many of those dumb tricks to get free credits on machines never worked. I tried all sorts of stuff, and none of it worked.

I never had much luck with that stuff either. Each trick I read about seemed to require some superhuman sensory power or mega dexterity.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Played again today for maybe 10 minutes and had another game crash. Only happens with this game. Any change I've got a defective cart? Bad chip? It's a brand new card, played maybe 5 times and contacts are clean. Hmmmm

12 hours ago, Prizrak said:

Played again today for maybe 10 minutes and had another game crash. Only happens with this game. Any change I've got a defective cart? Bad chip? It's a brand new card, played maybe 5 times and contacts are clean. Hmmmm

Hello there!  Sorry you're having issues playing Lady Bug on your system. :(  Since this is the first I've heard of game crashes with this game and it's been out for 15 years, it's most likely a defective cart or perhaps it's your system.  Have you tried the game on another system (if you have one available)?  Have you tried the ROM from the development thread via a Harmony cart?  If it works on another system it's perhaps the Atari itself (unlikely) or if the ROM works through the Harmony, it's most likely the cart.  I'm sure if you contact @Albert he'll be more than happy to help get this resolved.

Thanks,

John

I cleaned my cartridge port today and going to play a ton tonight to see if I can replicate. I'll also try your final binary on my Harmony to see if that's effected. Hoping it's just a dirty pin and it's causing issues with the system talking to the cart.

• Like 1