IGNORED

Do you keep your games in a safe?

Trench

well another sad thing is if you look on Ebay what the loose cartridges are going for.  I'm tempted to go to my Local "the exchange" store, buy the 10 copies they have for $2.50 a piece and resell them on Ebay.

1010107[/snapback]

I say do it dude, it probably won't fetch a lot if it's cratridge only, but you might triple your money still.

My games are kept in strong plastic containers which makes it easy to get them out when I want to play them. I dont particulalry dislike hoarders, I just dont like it when collectors keep prototypes to themselves and refuse to allow anyone to see them so anyone who has a prototype that is yet unknown or known and yet to be seen, bring them out in the open and at the very least allow Tempest to review them for the rest of us ;)

I dug a big hole in my back yard and buried all my carts in it.  I then made a map and placed it in a safe deposit box.  Then I took the safe deposit key and deposited that in an airport locker.  I took the airport locker key and hid it in a box of cereal.  Then my wife threw out the cereal and now I'm screwed.  :|

1009775[/snapback]

You too? :?

I stopped buying sealed games because then I got myself into the whole dilemma of "do I open it or do I preserve it". The bottom line for me is I purchased the game because I wanted to play it so now I make my life less complicated (and less costly) by buying CIB as my preference.

What I am preserving with my collection is the ability to play and share the great games of the past, not what old retail store shelves looked like.

Having recently converted my wife into a gamer (it took a DS but what the hell, it was worth it) I now have permission to turn a spare room into a games room - woohoo! :D

I dont particulalry dislike hoarders,

1010681[/snapback]

I've got a friend who encountered someone online once who had the opinion that, once you played a game, you needed to sell it back into the market for someone else to enjoy.

Neither one of us was terribly amused by that opinion, because he was calling those of us who keep games to keep playing them 'hoarders'. I play many of my games on a semi-regular basis, and enjoy them.

BTW, I don't keep my games in a safe, although if I ever have kids, I'll be buying one for certain violent games in my collection.

I don't keep anyhting safe. My 360 is 3 feet from my window. My rooms is on the 1st floor too.

1009878[/snapback]

Where do you live again? :D

1011021[/snapback]

I live in Oklahoma City. If you find my red Ford truck at Wal Mart or someplace, chances are you'll find my Game Boy Color sitting on the seat.

The doors are always locked, but it's easy to get into.

Enjoy my Tetris game, man.

jferio i think what is meant by hoarders is that people who DONT play the games but keep them for 10 years and not sell them

(sorry if that isnt what you ment)

1011131[/snapback]

The person claimed we were hoarders because we kept games after playing them through. Once.

We were willing to bet that the person in question was a hypocrit, just looking into ways that the market could shift to make his acquisitions cheaper.

No, I consider someone to be hoarding if they have no interest in playing, yet still gather the things to force higher value.

Safe? I think most of us would need a vault to keep our games...

With a moat, dragons, and laser sharks, too! :P

1009376[/snapback]

I'd do that too... I'd just skip the vault, moat, and lazer sharks.

As for my games, they are all out in the open, painfully organized on shelves alphabetically because I am very OCD about that.

I keep stuff wherever I can find room in cardboard boxes,plastic containers!Its kinda getting out of hand,everywhere i go in my house i can find it!And to top it off theres even more at my parents house.Whats that more on the way.........argh

:D :D

No safe though...

One of these days order will come

my games are sitting on a table in the bonus room upstais

i have ALOT of games (though not nearly as much as you guys) but they are all on a coffe table you know the small square kind

every tim a try to get one of my 2 lynx games out from betweenmy gba stack mario clash zaxxon and pacman zaxxon always falls on my saturn

my 12 handhelds are also on the same kind of coffe tabel and barely fit

matter of fact my lynx 2 is hanging part way off said table

my systems are in my room and the bonus room

my collection is pretty safe

we have a dog that barks at everything that walks by and an alarm so no way your getting in :P

No. I don't use safes. I use shelfing units,boxes,cd racks,and sealed plastic boxes. Who in their right mind would want steal my 2 loose pac-man games along with e.t,and defender in a regular box for 2600 and 7800 games? I got nothing in there that is rare. The rarest games I have, have a rarity of seven. Their is only one of them that is worth more then 40 dollars for cried out loud. That one is loose, so it is worth 65 dollars. I got nothing higher then a 6 for my atari stuff in terms of rarity. I understand protypes, but anything that is worth over 100 dollars needs to be in a safe or something.

Edited by 8th lutz