IGNORED

Sears Driving paddles

adams_ale

I had a nice find at the pawn store today. I found two Sears driving paddles in new looking condition. I need a new power supply for my 2600 so I can't test them at this time. I can't find my camera at the moment either to take a picture, but this is the first time that I've seen Sears paddles. Are they rare/ish? I also found a Koala Pad for the Commodore, but I didn't pick that up. I don't need them so they will be going to the marketplace, but I thought I'd seek some info on them first. Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing my Sears Heavy Sixer came with the same paddles. they say SEARS then have the tennis racket icon.

i would think they are rarer than the standard atari ones since there were less Sears Systems produced..

1010344[/snapback]

Mine are Sears paddles with a race car icon. This is the first time that I've even seen Sears brand paddles. :cool:

Are we talking "paddles" or "Indy500 Driving Controllers" here?

1010726[/snapback]

I understand why these controllers are called paddles, but I refer to the racing controllers as paddles as well. ;) It's just easier to say paddles instead of racing controllers and the controllers are exactly the same with the only difference being whether a race car or a tennis racket is on the sticker.

I just checked the AA database and it says that driving controllers allow for a full range of movement whereas the paddles do not. I always thought they were exactly the same. Just when I thought I had learned the ropes. :P

Edited by adams_ale

The ones with the race car icon are driving controllers used only for Indy 500/Race.

The ones with the tennis racket that have two cables "y'd" into one connector are actually paddles used on games like Kaboom! or Street Racer.

Neither are very rare.