IGNORED

Worst game music you heard

8th lutz

Pitfall II (hides and ducks)

1011513[/snapback]

SPLAT! Too late! :D

You've got to be impressed with the music in the 2600 version, though, especially considering the way-cool DPC chip in the cartridge (it's too bad it wasn't used for more games). Until I heard the Activision keynote from CGE2K4, I had no idea that it was originally composed for the Pitfall Saturday-morning cartoon.

I can't stand most NES music. I liked it when I first heard it, but the tinkly bass-free sound doesn't hold up well in comparison to C64, 2600, or even CV music.

The worst, though, has to be the horrible rendition of "Can't Stop Believin'" on the 2600 version of Journey Escape. How has no one brought it up yet?

Did you all forget 2600 Fire Fly?

1011607[/snapback]

I never played it. I also never played Journey escape. I started played 2600 back in 1988. Buy, that a good number of 2600 games only could be found in flea markets like those two games and I didn't see them then.

Edited by 8th lutz

I find most nes games to be an assualt on the ears.  Aside from most nintendo made games the tunes in those old nes games are just terrible.  I don't think music in games got really good until the 32 bit era, there were lots of gems though of course before that.

1010314[/snapback]

The Mega Man Series, and most games my Capcom and Virgin Interactive had some real sweet tunes.

As for horrible tunes, the intro to Action 52 on the NES takes the cake. Sounds like a horrendously digitized version of It Takes Two by Rob Base.

rygar for nes. i thought the music was dreadful in killed my ears to play the game. the music didnt even fit the game.

That's funny, I was going to mention Rygar for the Lynx... The normal in-game music isn't too bad, but it plays this terrible, high-pitched wail when you get to the end of the level. I always turn the volume down. The title music is pretty bad too.

--Zero