IGNORED

CinciClassic '06 Announced

MattG/Snyper2099

Don't forget to stop at any local lottery seller to pick up one of the most recent scratch'n'wins to come to Ohio: Pac-Man Mania. For only $3 you could win cash (up to $30,000) or a Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga cocktail arcade game. Losing tickets are still eligible to be entered for second chance drawings, giving you another chance at a cocktail game or various Pac-Man merchandise prize packs: https://www.secondchancebonuszone.com/pacman/oh/prizes.php

It was great to see a few of you folks after so long, Stan and Aimee (although I somehow forgot to say hi to Aimee again...I blame Stan's eyes...so dreamy), Bigplayer (congrats on the Vectrex win, hope it works out well for you), CHrisbid and all the others I'm too tired to mention.

I hope it won't be another 3 and a half years, because I'm already getting a stack of stuff together...possibly to set up shop there next time.

I hope it won't be another 3 and a half years, because I'm already getting a stack of stuff together...possibly to set up shop there next time.

I agree. Hopefully, there will be another CinciClassic next year, and I will have more money to spend. I was amazed how many dealers showed up. I did notice that there were not many homebrew games, homebrew supplies, 5200 joystick repair kits, or hacks for sale. Guess I will have to order from AA.

The show was great! Wonderful! A very sizable showing, especially considering the amount of time that has passed since the last CinciClassic. ALL of the vendors were top notch. Very very fun. It was a hoot seeing all the old crew, MattG, Bill Augustine, Jason from TradeN'Games (where I hear prices were being slashed), Mike the lush (where you can trade beer for games!), Chuck (who fed my disturbing obsession with sissy SEGA Genesis games only to fed his every growing hoard of children ;) ), and every one else. It was great to hang with Scooter, Big Player, Sniderman, and make some new friends as well!

I managed to "win" two high score tourneys at the GameBot table. (Gamebot, for those of you living in a cave, is an east coast exclusive classic video game TV show). Those guys were great, and they turned out to be total fanboys of Aimee's artwork.

But the big BIG coup, is that I managed to haul off my biggest and best score from a convention yet. (this was the show to find the good deals and the great games kids, trust me)

My take:

Q*berts Qubes

Mr. Do's Castle

Frogger II (that takes care of my PB collection)

Stargunner

Demolition Herby

Beat 'Em and Eat 'Em

Sir Lancelot

Shuttle Orbiter (w/ manual)

Pengo

Deadly Duck

Fast Eddie

Beany Bopper

Sorcerer

Star Fox

Fire Fly

Spitfire Attack

Lost Luggage

Challenge of Nexar

Radar Lock

Racquetball

Moonsweeper

I Want My Mommy

Gopher

Alpha Beam w/ Ernie

Cookie Monster Munch

Sssnake (completing my Data Age collection)

Sorcerer's Apprentice

Crypts of Chaos

Spikes Peak/Ghost Manor Manuals

Track n' Field Controller (but missed the game by about 1 hour! :x My fault)

2x Epyx controllers

NES:

Pyramid

Dragon's Lair

Wayne's World

Baseball Stars

Lolo 2

River City Ransom

TMNT Tournament Fighter

Mappyland

SNES:

Dracula X

ChronoTrigger

FF II

Secret of Mana

Super 3D Noah's Ark

Super Gameboy

SEGA Genesis:

Beauty and the Beast Belle's Quest (I told you they were sissy)

Beauty and the Beast Roar of the Beast

Ariel, the Little Mermaid

Samuari Showdown

Lemmings 2

Spider-man

Quite a diggity dog dank haul, eh kiddies! And I spent less than you might imagine.

A wonderful show. Next year, and there had better be a next year, death threats will ensue, I'll be there with a booth and Aimee will have loads of artwork for you rabid fans to snatch up!

Great show.

CinciClassic has returned and it was bigger than ever. It was a blast. Got to see and spend time with a lot of faces from the 2002 show: Stan Jr, Aimee, Taylor.com, Scooterb23, MattG, Bill Augustine, Jason from Trade-N-Games, the various vendors named Mike (at least 3 or 4, I believe), the Bitsmack guys, Chuck and anyone else that I missed. Plenty of new faces too such as taylorcomm.

My haul:

Atari 2600

Off The Wall

Sentinel (also picked up the light gun from Trade-N-Games)

Xenophobe (NTSC)

Subterranea

Tapper

Demolition Herby

Intellivision

Buzz Bomers

Shark! Shark!

Microsurgeon

Atari 5200

Pengo

H.E.R.O

Space Shuttle

Miner 2049er

5200 Multi-Cart (I wish I had picked this up first, because now I have basically every game for the 5200.)

Hardware

Atari 400 with 4 common carts

Vectrex (No games for it but I got it at the auction at the end of the show. Need to look into getting the Multi-Cart for this.)

For the record, here was my take (I have an illness when it comes to shows, I always spend a ton of money).

Odyssey:

Odyssey 1 system (mostly complete)

RCA Studio II:

Blackjack

Atari 2600:

3 copies of Combat were given to me throughout the show

Snoopy and the Red Baron

a 6 cart game switcher thingy

C64:

World Class Leader Board + Great Courses of the World Vol. 2 & 3

Indoor Sports

Radar Rat Race

Kickman

Vectrex:

System

Star Wars

Vec Sports Boxing

I, Cyborg

Space Hawk w/ overlay

Protector / YASI

Game Boy:

Aladdin

Batman

Aliens vs. Predator

PS1:

Irritating Stick

Tall Infinity

Spider

MLB Pennant Race

Nightmare Creatures

Junior League Dodgeball

PS2:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Gun

I-Ninja

XBox:

Top Spin

Books:

Confessions of the Game Doctor

Retro Gaming Hacks

Gaming Hacks

3 CDs of Arcade Ambience

and a t-shirt

Whew, I think that's it...I have a lot of gaming goodness ahead of me!! Probably cost less than you would imagine as well

Ah-ha, you were the one who bought the Protector/YASI :) Again, it's only because I didn't see it first :P

Had a great time. It was a lot of fun putting faces to the names. Did anyone get a picture from the balcony? I went up there to eat lunch and thought that it would be a great pic but got busy again and didn't get up there to take my pic.

Yeah, I got the Protector / YASI :) And I had three people offer me $50 for it within just a few minutes of my purchase...which surprised me because I didn't even get it until close to 11 AM, over 2 hours for others to pick it up (for $20 even).

But I held firm, I wanted to play it (and oh yeah, it's goooooood) :D My new Vectrx has a happy home next to my computer monitor here on my desk. I'm a proud papa, the Vectrex has been my Holy Grail for quite a long time.

I know there were pics taken from the balcony, hopefully the will show up on the Cinciclassic site sooner or later.

I thought it was a great show! I sold alot of stuff and I bought alot of great stuff. It was good to see everyone at the show. I am no good at names but I do remember a few. Glitch had some great stuff. And now my prices slashed! StanJr, Big Player. It was good to see All the other dealers also. This was the show to attend if you were looking for hard to find items there was more at this show than I have ever seen and alot of great prices.

I scored some great stuff at the show. I think the best score for me was a new sealed Gameline Master Module. The guy had 3 of them in a shipping box that said master box and inside was a pack of some dealer info. As he placed it on the table another dealer said he wanted them but I got one and he took the rest of the box but I was happy. I also got a sealed 2600 Sentinel and double Dragon for 7800. And I finished my Sega CD collection with Keio Flying squadrun. I got a few more NES boxes I needed and games. On Sunday me and my friend Ralph went to about 4-5 flea markes in INDY and a bunch of Video game stores and we got alot of great stuff. It was a fun time and can't wait to the next show to see everyone again.

post-1807-1144712999_thumb.jpg

Trade N' Games is tops when it comes to buying and selling classic games. Jason is a first class guy (who has been known to slash prices on occasion) who enhanced our enjoyment of the show tremendously. I highly recommend that anyone looking to get hard to find games at good prices head over to the Trade N' Games website or store.

(this was not a paid advertisement) :)

here is my tally of purchases

PSOne w/ Mad Catz Screen - System - 29.00

NEX - System - 0.00

World Heroes 2 (JPN) - Neo Geo AES - 20.00 (cart only)

Fatal Fury 2 (JPN) - Neo Geo AES - 20.00 (cart only)

Skate Boardin' - 2600 - 3.00 (cart only)

Congo Bongo - 2600 - 3.00 (cart only)

Fantastic Voyage - 2600 - 3.00 (cart only)

Ghostbusters - 2600 - 3.00 (cart only)

Sky Diver - 2600 - 0.00 (cart only)

Video Pinball - 2600 - 0.00 (cart only)

Golf - 2600 - 0.00 (cart only)

Demon to Diamonds - 2600 - 0.00 (cart only)

Checkers - 2600 - 0.00 (cart only)

Backgammon - 2600 - 0.00 (cart only)

Space Armada - Intellivision - 0.00 (cart only)

Burgertime - Intellivision - 0.00 (cart only)

Astrosmash - Intellivision - 0.00 (cart only)

Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack - 0.00 (cart only)

Earth Defense - Genesis - 3.33 (cart only)

Blaster Master 2 - Genesis - 3.33 (cart only)

Junction - Genesis - 3.33 (cart only)

Sparkster - Genesis - 5.00 (cart & box)

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt - NES - 0.00 (cart only)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - NES - 0.00 (cart only)

Soccer (JPN) - NES - 2.00 (cart only)

Rival Turf - SNES - 0.50 (cart only)

Othello World (JPN) - SNES - 2.00 (cart only)

Silent Hill - PlayStation - 5.00 (disc & instructions)

Buster Bros. Collection - PlayStation - 5.00

Devil May Cry - PlayStation 2 - 6.00

Puyo Puyo Sun (JPN) - Saturn - 10.00

Inhabitants - Dreamcast - 14.75

Feet of Fury - Dreamcast - 14.75

Maqiupai - Dreamcast - 14.75

Cool Herders - Dreamcast - 14.75

Test Drive Le Mans - Dreamcast - 6.00

Soul Fighter - Dreamcast - 15.00

Industrial Spy: Operation Espionage - Dreamcast - 15.00

Disney's Dinosaur - Dreamcast - 15.00

Deep Fighter - Dreamcast - 15.00