IGNORED

New items at Songbird

Songbird

How about a detailed review..? 

What do people think?  Is it exactly like the arcade game, or are there differences?

1014433[/snapback]

I should have my copy soon and I'll post my impressions. I played the arcade quite a bit in my youth, although I may have to fire up the game in MAME again to refresh my memory as to some of the details. Looking forward to trying it out on the Jaguar!

..Al

I finally got some time to try out Gorf last night, and it is very cool :cool:

Gameplay was tight, graphics are done well, and the sound is very good - including the taunting speech.

As far as true to the arcade, my initial impression says yes. Though I'll have to go give the original a spin before I can make a final call. Hmm, maybe I should do a side by side...

Definitely a nice little add to the stable. Nice work on Gorf - Gorf! :D

And thanks for the fast shipping, Carl ;)

How about a detailed review..? 

What do people think?  Is it exactly like the arcade game, or are there differences?

1014433[/snapback]

I should have my copy soon and I'll post my impressions. I played the arcade quite a bit in my youth, although I may have to fire up the game in MAME again to refresh my memory as to some of the details. Looking forward to trying it out on the Jaguar!

..Al

1014582[/snapback]

Just so you know...having worked on the Astrocade drivers for MAME, I know

here are a lot of things about Gorf's emulation that is still not correct , mainly the frame timming and the game timers anre not proper. I used MAME at first when working of Classic, and then decided to double check it against my own machine. MAME needs work...If you can find an old Gorf you'd be better off...MAME is not a bad reference tho...its just not yet perfect...maybe someday I'll get around to finishing my Astrocade emulator. It does the home and the arcade astrocade hardware emulated. But still experiences the same bugs as MAME(and worse).

Why? Because the MAME drivers are a dirivative of my astrcoade EMU code .

The first such emu I know of. I want to port it to the Jaguar really but that will

take time.