IGNORED

Smelly 2600 Binder...

Han

I just won an auction for a 2600 Binder, you know the one with fake leather where you can store 8 carts. It was in pretty nice condition and I got 8 common carts with it too, so I was quite happy with the deal. But after cleaning it I discovered that it smells really funky. It's obviously been living in a smoker home and I can't for the life of me get rid of the funkiness. Have you people got any tips on how to remove the funky smell?

Edited by Han

Maybe you can use it to hold a copy of Neotokeo2001's new "Poo for You" hack. Talk about a multimedia experience! ;)

Seriously, the Febreze trick might work. If there is no exposed foam, the old "top rack of the dishwasher trick" might be another way to go.

Edited by 128bytes

I just won an auction for a 2600 Binder, you know the one with fake leather where you can store 8 carts. It was in pretty nice condition and I got 8 common carts with it too, so I was quite happy with the deal. But after cleaning it I discovered that it smells really funky. It's obviously been living in a smoker home and I can't for the life of me get rid of the funkiness. Have you people got any tips on how to remove the funky smell?

1015611[/snapback]

I bought one and it smelld TERRIBLE. I sprayed it down with Febreeze,a bunch of different Fabric Fresheners, and any other cleaner I could find, and vinegar, baking soda, soap all in a spray bottle. At first it smelled lemony, minty, and weird. But that faded and it took a nuetral scent.

:)

Febreeze you say, never heard of that either. Better have a look around. Or the Vinegar and water idea might work... Thx for the help people!

kencrisis: Well, you smokers don't have to remove the smell, because your sense of smell is pretty non existent anyway :). So we are both pretty much getting the same result, just using different methods. If all else fails I suppose I could pick up smoking... :D

kencrisis: Well, you smokers don't have to remove the smell, because your sense of smell is pretty non existent anyway :). So we are both pretty much getting the same result, just using different methods. If all else fails I suppose I could pick up smoking... :D

1016273[/snapback]

I am a nonsmoker. I just never understood people who seem to have such a problem with smoke smell, it always seemed pretty unimportant to me in the world of smells. But, don't get me started on car exhaust smell - that really gets me upset!

The vinegar and water suggestion actually helped a bit. But it is still funking up my closet where I store my gaming stuff. Better see if I can get hold of some Febreeze or something...

kencrisis: I am ex smoker since a long time and ever since I quit smoking I can't stand the smell. Not that I feel lika having a smoke, the smell just disgusts me. It didn't bother me that much before...

Edited by Han

ntavio: Thx for the Ebay tip, I think I will have to get hold of some more binders. But it seems google_auctions is only shipping to USA and he had no binders up at the moment. And btw Atari binder is the right word for it? So I can search for it...

Try a dryer sheet inside the binder.

1019943[/snapback]

Won't work with a dryer sheet. Frebeeze works, thats what he needs to get. I am a smoker but I refuse to let ANYONE including myself smoke in the house as the smell is discusting, I just can't get the monkey off my back or I wouldn't smoke at all. It's easier to quite doing drugs than it is to stop smoking Cigarettes trust me, I used to be quite the doper years ago and I droped that habbit no problem but as for cigarettes? I don't hink I could ever quit :(

So ya, get some frebreeze you'll be happy with the results.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

It's easier to quite doing drugs than it is to stop smoking Cigarettes trust me, I used to be quite the doper years ago and I droped that habbit no problem but as for cigarettes? I don't hink I could ever quit :(

Try soaking the cigarettes in Febreeze before you smoke them. If the taste doesn't put you off at least your mouth will be odour free for up to two days.

Edited by IBP