IGNORED

Show pictures of your collection.

Ross PK

Uhhh.. Theres a whole lot more failure points that can cause a reduction in amplitude on the green gun.. you HOPE it's just a loose connection.. The fact that it's intermitant doesnt necessarily point to a loose connection. Theres quite a few 20+ year old analog components present in the drive circuits for that gun that could be breaking down intermittantly. How does the thing act when its cold (first fired up) versus good & warmed up (been run for several hours)?

The colors are consistent but one of two palettes (reminds me of CGA). Unfortunately, the monitor cable is not the plug-in type so I can't swap the cables. Maybe on the inside it does have a plug? Haven't opened it up yet. Sometimes it boots up to green (normal) and sometimes that other color palette.

Perhaps, I have to put it in a vacuum and turn it on/off to see if it stays the same color set.

• 2 months later...

Great collection Fred

have you biggest size photos of this page http://www.smartcms.nl/cms2/sites/1058/ ?

thanks

Hi Rhod,

Yes, that is my personal webpage. I have to make a overall picture, this is my attic ;-) The photos on the page are the biggest ones I have published on the web, I resized them.

Regards,

Fred

Looks like I'm gonna have to start organising my room for a photoshoot! icon_mrgreen.gif

Thanks to bob1200xl and flashjazzcat, this is my main source of Atari-fun for now, I think they look pretty cool together...

man! your system looks clean and shinny! did you use armorall? how does one aquire an sio2d like that???

• 3 months later...

thanks for bring this page into view again. I really enjoyed scanning this thread and looking at all the collections :thumbsup:

Me too. I could thumb through pictures of people's Atari stuff for hours. That's my "back up" 1084S, by the way, which I brought into service when the other one blew up. I just cleaned it today, and it looks good as new.

This one is mine...

Did you chroma/luma enable that SC1435, or swap a 1084 mainboard in? Or is that a VBXE XE?

Yep, is a VBXE. My original idea was swapping with a 1084 SD1 if I recall well, because it wasn´t working. But, then I changed the flyback and a few caps and it´s working beatifully.

I have more photos here...

http://www.retrocomputacion.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?47169

:) :)

• Like 1

One of my setups

Stock 800XL

850 Interface

SIO2PC cable

Stock 1050

Indus GT

830 Modem

1025 printer

Mom and Dads original Rotary phone (yup it works)

Coby 15inch Tv with composite, S-video VGA

Pentium-S running windows 98

and my dogs bed :)

post-12722-0-03167400-1301454175_thumb.jpg

post-12722-0-67775100-1301454192_thumb.jpg

I see mg hoards disk drives for more than just Atari :D

Hahaha.. Yeah... I like these DISK II units. They are built on the Shugart SA390 drive mech.. Built like a tank, and it's "the ORIGINAL 5.25 Floppy drive".. They are not really "correct" for this platinum IIe, but niether is the IIc color monitor. I like that monitor because all the controls are on the front, with a flip-down cover. The Joystick is a CH Products "Flightstick". One of the most rugged analog joysticks I've ever seen.

Kewl thing about Apple II gear is that schools are still cleaning out store-rooms and liquidating the stuff in massive amounts, cheap. Apple sold the IIe up until 1993, because there was still such a demand from schools. God only knows how much educational software was written for the apple II in the 80s. Many schools did not completely replace all of their Apple IIs with PCs until the late 90s (or later)..