IGNORED

Items for Atari 2600 manufactured in Brazil

Sr. Ferraz

Dear friends from AtariAge,

I'm 'forbidden' to have access this site (more than 3 weeks), I was informed that some addresses of IP (IP address - Internet Protocol address) from Brazil had been "blocked".

I don't know for which reason is occurring.

It's impossible for me to add more information and images in this way.

I don't go to come back to use dial-up connection...

I don't understand, why???

Thanks a lot for attention,

Helio Ferraz

Dear Sr. Ferraz,

I already contacted Albert and the Super Moderators about this problem and all moderaters replied that Albert is the only person who can do something about this.

He hasn't responded to me yet.

So, Albert, if you read this:

PLEASE HELP SR. FERRAZ OUT!

(I mean: IN)

Thanks in advance.

Rom Hunter

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Announcing here first... I just COMPLETED my CCE COLOR LABEL set. I'd like to shed some light on this 3 year quest... AFAIK, there were only 1 collector who whas this complete set, so I guess I'm the second.

The color labels (as I like to call) are the first CCE releases. While Mr. Postman and maybe others were common pack-ins, some apparently not, cause they're very rare. I like to compare the 9 color labels with the 9 gatefolds from Atari or Sears. Not talking about the games themselves, but about the fact that they are the 9 first carts from CCE, and, just like Atari and Sears, have a better finishing. Atari and Sears went for the beautiful gatefolds boxes, and CCE went for those very nice labels.

It took me 3 years to complete the set, in my case mostly because of "Open, Sesame!" (after 2 years bought back from EUROPE) and "Dancing Plate" (after 3 years bought in Brazil). Some fellow collectors are still after "Phantom Tank", "Mission 3000" or other. Well, I'm happy that I finally got Dancing Plate. This is undoubtedly the rarest of the bunch, a friend told me it's the rarest Brazilian cart. I'm inclined to think that it is, untill proven wrong. I know only 4 people in the world who have this cart. 3 in Brazil (including me) and 1 in US (AA member). No its not Marco, so you get the picture :D. Bonaccorsi didnt even know this cart and he never sold one as far as he recalls. This also stablish my line of thought about this cart, cause Bona has sold almost every Braz cart in existence, including very rare Splice tapes.

My opinion about rarity is:

Mr. Postman - R1, maybe R2

Bobby - R3

Squirell - R4

Sea Monster - R5

Space Tunnel - R6, maybe R7

Mission 3000 - R6, maybe R7

Phantom Tank - R7, maybe R8

Open Sesame - R8

Dancing Plate - R9

The good part is: while on this quest, I accumulated some doubles.. in fact, an 8 game set, that I'll sell in the next few days... I'd surely like to have another Dancing Plate, but I dont feel that lucky.

Enough talking, enjoy the pictures!

post-6332-1156632341_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632358_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632401_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632483_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632495_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632504_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632516_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632532_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632595_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632605_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632621_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632654_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632761_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632772_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632781_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632794_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632808_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1156632822_thumb.jpg

Edited by TomBrazil

Thanks for sharing this with us, Tom.

I know it's one hell of an achievement to complete this CCE set (I call them the Nine Bitters), especially Dancing Plate (I've been looking for ages for just a nice scan of this game).

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

And if you can shed some light one one of these, please let me know:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU-2-...I-SOFT_LIB.html

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Announcing here first... I just COMPLETED my CCE COLOR LABEL set. I'd like to shed some light on this 3 year quest... AFAIK, there were only 1 collector who whas this complete set, so I guess I'm the second.

My opinion about rarity is:

Mr. Postman - R1, maybe R2

Bobby - R3

Squirell - R4

Sea Monster - R5

Space Tunnel - R6, maybe R7

Mission 3000 - R6, maybe R7

Phantom Tank - R7, maybe R8

Open Sesame - R8

Dancing Plate - R9

Hi Tom, congratulation, you finally completed!

I'm probably the first to complete this set. Now I know, you, me and E.Luccas with this set complete.

Just some words about those CCE color labes cartridges:

The first CCE Atari brazilian consoles sold came with Mr. Postiman (this is why it's the most easy to find) and after they came with Bobby, and them just some consoles came with the other cartridges. Those cartridges was never sold, they just came with the new consoles, this is why they are too hard to find. I'm not sure, but I remember Bobby and Squirell had boxes, but as I said, I'm not sure, it's a long time ago.. :-)

I expect this helps you all.

Regards.

I'm probably the first to complete this set. Now I know, you, me and E.Luccas with this set complete.

The first CCE Atari brazilian consoles sold came with Mr. Postiman (this is why it's the most easy to find) and after they came with Bobby, and them just some consoles came with the other cartridges. Those cartridges was never sold, they just came with the new consoles, this is why they are too hard to find. I'm not sure, but I remember Bobby and Squirell had boxes, but as I said, I'm not sure, it's a long time ago.. :-)

Regards.

Pontual, I knew Luccas had it complete though he never mentioned this to the outer world :) I dont see the point to hide a collection but well I have nothing to do with it :). You and Luccas were the other 2 poeople I mentioned in my mail, I was just not giving names, who knows if you would approve of that. But, despite of that, I thought your collection wasnt complete. I do recall you buying a small lot with Open Sesame lost in the middle, though. It was a lucky buy.

Do you agree with my ratings?

Thanks for sharing this with us, Tom.

I know it's one hell of an achievement to complete this CCE set (I call them the Nine Bitters), especially Dancing Plate (I've been looking for ages for just a nice scan of this game).

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

And if you can shed some light one one of these, please let me know:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU-2-...I-SOFT_LIB.html

8)

Nine Bitters!!! I like it!! :D So you liked my comparison to the Gatefolds, I presume... Listen man, if you're looking for a scan from quite that long, I can manage to get that for you. Its an honor. When I mentioned how difficult it is to scan carts, it doesnt mean that I cant open an exception. I just dont wanna carry that cart around so much, but I can provide the scan.

BTW - I dont recognize the carts you mentioned in the hyperlink. I wouldnt be surprised if they're fakes.

Edited by TomBrazil

Is Sr. Ferraz able to post yet? What's going on? Is his I.P. blocked? :?

Al??

If someone knows and doesn't want to say in public please contact me via PM.

<Omega is concerned>

As long as I know, all is fine and he's not blocked. He read this thread just yesterday.

Nine Bitters!!! I like it!! :D So you liked my comparison to the Gatefolds, I presume... Listen man, if you're looking for a scan from quite that long, I can manage to get that for you. Its an honor. When I mentioned how difficult it is to scan carts, it doesnt mean that I cant open an exception. I just dont wanna carry that cart around so much, but I can provide the scan.

Thanks for the offer, Tom.

Well, speaking of scans, I'm still looking for nice front scans of the following illustrated CCE carts:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft.php?MEN...n_sauver=Search

If you own any of these and have the time to scan them, it would be absolutely great.

8)

Regards.

Pontual, I knew Luccas had it complete though he never mentioned this to the outer world :) I dont see the point to hide a collection but well I have nothing to do with it :). You and Luccas were the other 2 poeople I mentioned in my mail, I was just not giving names, who knows if you would approve of that. But, despite of that, I thought your collection wasnt complete. I do recall you buying a small lot with Open Sesame lost in the middle, though. It was a lucky buy.

Do you agree with my ratings?

No problem, you can and you must to mention my name :D

Yes, I think you are right with the ratings, Open Sesame and Dancing Plate are the rarest :!:

Anyway, now I'm trying to complete the Tron collection, I already have 16 out of 20 known games.

Jason has finally inserted my scans in his site. There are more than 200 new carts. here is the link for Canal 3:

http://www.atariguide.com/menu/2600manmenu171frame.htm

He also told me his software support only 126 manufacturers, so he couldnt add all of them. So, for some obscurer stuff, you must search alphabetically.

Also, here's some new stuff I got.

post-6332-1157235781_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1157235804_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1157235817_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1157235828_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1157235835_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1157235850_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1157235862_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1157235879_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1157235891_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1157235901_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1157235917_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1157235929_thumb.jpg

Tom,

Let me be clear about this: I hate watermarked scans (yes, even the Atarimania ones, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that).

All I want to do is to show people a valuable piece of video game history without any interference of these little-minded, short-sighted bullsh*t watermarks, but I feel I'm really fighting against all odds here.

The only reason I can understand why people watermark their scans, is because they're afraid that their scans are being falsly used on E-Bay.

The rest is total nonsense.

That said, I have some questions for you, Tom:

Do you still own these scans without watermark and if you do: are you willing to donate them to the Atarimania database without being paid for it?

Yes, I know you put a lot of effort in scanning them, but believe me: I've also put a hell of a lot effort in creating an accurate Atari 2600 database.

Tom, please understand:

I don't want to force you to do this.

I'm just asking for your help here and I will appreciate your decisions, whatever they may be.

8)

Dear friends,

Thank you for helping me in the problem about the access from some Brazilians in this site. In less of 24 hours already I obtained to have access. It has 2 months also I am with some problems in my computer... and others...

:arrow:

I placed below (finally) some manuals (instructions) of the games from Supercharger "Game Charger" of manufacturer VGS. (k7 tapes)

I very 'improved' the original images for one better visualization (with my friend 'Photoshop'), hours and hours...

Games:

> Aprendiz de Feiticeiro

> Artilery Duel

> Decatlon

> Enduro

> Fathon

> H.E.R.O. (R. Hero's)

> Moon Patrol

> Pac Man

> River Raid

> Robot Tank

> Smurf

> Tennis

> Time Pilot

> Zaxxon

Excellent week for all

post-7030-1157416016_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416060_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416171_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416230_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416268_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416352_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416415_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416471_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416517_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416612_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416673_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416741_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416833_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157416913_thumb.jpg

post-7030-1157417945.gif

post-7030-1157417997.gif

post-7030-1157418012.gif

Do you still own these scans without watermark and if you do: are you willing to donate them to the Atarimania database without being paid for it?

I dont wanna discuss about watermarks here... :) I understand the efforts of someone trying to preserve his efforts when working on a huge reference web site. But its not the point.

Jason paid for my employee's time (about 40 hours of scans, as I remember), not mine. I wouldnt have 40 hours of free time available :D

Having said that, I dont think its fair he paying for the time, and I giving the same final result to you. Since he paid for it, its really not my scans anymore, but his. He asked people to use his watermarking scans, I think he has the right to do so.

a

I dont wanna discuss about watermarks here... :) I understand the efforts of someone trying to preserve his efforts when working on a huge reference web site. But its not the point.

Jason paid for my employee's time (about 40 hours of scans, as I remember), not mine. I wouldnt have 40 hours of free time available :D

Having said that, I dont think its fair he paying for the time, and I giving the same final result to you. Since he paid for it, its really not my scans anymore, but his. He asked people to use his watermarking scans, I think he has the right to do so.

a

I understand, Tom.

Thanks for the reply.

Sr. Ferraz,

Good to hear from you again!

Great to have you back!

8)