IGNORED

Today I got quite a Sega haul!

Tanukitsune

Today I went to pick up a Sega Saturn from the post office and while on my way I went to the old game store...

Guess what? They had SATURN GAMES! They didn't have them last time! :lust:

I got:

-Bug Too!

-Robotica

-Mass Destruction

-Street Fighter Alpha 2

-Fighting Vipers

-Fighters Megamix

-Tomb Raider

-Exhumed

-Dragonheart

-Virtua Cop 2

-Last Bronx

And for Mega Drive / Genesis:

-X-Men

-Alien 3

-Ranger X

-Dynamite Headdy

-Bloodshot

-Castle of Illusion

But the coolest part was getting....

SONIC 10TH ANNIVERSARY! And Sonic Adventure 2 was still sealed! :cool:

-Bug Too! 5€

-Robotica 5€

-Mass Destruction 7€

-Street Fighter Alpha 2 15€

-Fighting Vipers 8€

-Fighters Megamix 8€

-Tomb Raider 8€

-Exhumed 7€

-Dragonheart 7€

-Virtua Cop 2 10€

-Last Bronx 7€

And for Mega Drive / Genesis:

-X-Men 20€ :sad:

-Alien 3 6€

-Ranger X 5€

-Dynamite Headdy 10€

-Bloodshot 5€

-Castle of Illusion 7€

And Sonic 10th Anniversary cost me 40€... :sad:

Is the Sonic 10th anniversary thing the birthday pack that was released for the DC?

1020389[/snapback]

Yes, it's the one that comes with Sonic Adventure 2 (sealed), and the special 10th Anniversary pack that has a soundtrack, gold coin and a booklet...

Frankly this is the first time I've seen something rare and imported at the store!

Is the Sonic 10th anniversary thing the birthday pack that was released for the DC?

1020389[/snapback]

Yes, it's the one that comes with Sonic Adventure 2 (sealed), and the special 10th Anniversary pack that has a soundtrack, gold coin and a booklet...

Frankly this is the first time I've seen something rare and imported at the store!

1020768[/snapback]

Damn, 40 euros is alot. I bought it brand new off lik-sang or play-asia (can't remember which) for $10 about 2 years ago or so.

You guys live in USA, where you can get an a bajillion old games for 5 cents, while here you have to pay a bajillion Euros for one game...

(Yes, I'm exagerating, but you get the idea...)

In other words, old games are ALWAYS cheaper in the US...

Just look at how much I have to pay for old games over here! :sad:

Just look at this place! They charge 65€ for a used Saturn! Or maybe a new one, I don't know, but still....

An it's not different on Ebay, most old games cost more too, unless they are being sold by someone who doesn't know their value...

I guess this is one time our mindless consumerism is a GOOD thing for us. If it isn't new and shiny, most Americans figure it is worthless.

40 Euros is insane for one game.

1021133[/snapback]

You've never payed that much for a game? Not even a rare one?

You don't wanna know how much ID Anthology fetches on Ebay then... :P

I guess this is one time our mindless consumerism is a GOOD thing for us. If it isn't new and shiny, most Americans figure it is worthless.

40 Euros is insane for one game.

1021133[/snapback]

You've never payed that much for a game? Not even a rare one?

You don't wanna know how much ID Anthology fetches on Ebay then... :P

1021407[/snapback]

I've paid over $100 for a few games. Most of them were for the Neo Geo though.

I wouldn't pay more than $40 for ANY used game, on any system, under any condition... that I can dream of, anyhow.

The exception would be something like a Multicart or something of that nature.

ESPECIALLY with a multi-cart available... I don't see why you would put that much toward a game when you could put it toward a Multicart instead. Finally, most of the RARE games are that way for a reason. They didn't make many and didn't sell many... so... you draw your own conclusions about the real value of a game like that. I mean... how many games are out there that can't be played on a suitable emulator, anyhow? I imagine not many... there are so many alternatives to paying $100 for a thrift-store game.

Different priorities, is all. I'm not knocking collectors. I just can't see it, myself.

Edited by Paranoid

When I tell this to my European collector friends, they all say it's a good deal, but all the US collectors seem to be able to find just about any game for 3 cents....

Next thing you'll tell me is that the Neo Geo games are cheap there too.... :roll:

I just went their today and got Three Dirty Dwarves, In the Hunt for Sega Saturn and The Chaos Engine (The Bitmap Brothers) for Megadrive/Genesis, but I bet you could find those in an US thrift store for 2 cents... (We don't even have those over here) :ponder:

When I tell this to my European collector friends, they all say it's a good deal, but all the US collectors seem to be able to find just about any game for 3 cents....

Next thing you'll tell me is that the Neo Geo games are cheap there too.... :roll:

I just went their today and got Three Dirty Dwarves, In the Hunt for Sega Saturn and The Chaos Engine (The Bitmap Brothers) for Megadrive/Genesis, but I bet you could find those in an US thrift store for 2 cents... (We don't even have those over here) :ponder:

1024142[/snapback]

I got my Three Dirty Dwarves for $3 at a book store. And Neo Geo were fairly cheap in Japan. While I was over there I was able to pick up AES carts for like $5-$15 for quite a few of them. And like I said before, that Sonic Anniversary Pack was bought from a site based in Hong Kong, not some thrift store somewhere.

• 1 month later...

1024142[/snapback]

I got my Three Dirty Dwarves for $3 at a book store. And Neo Geo were fairly cheap in Japan. While I was over there I was able to pick up AES carts for like $5-$15 for quite a few of them. And like I said before, that Sonic Anniversary Pack was bought from a site based in Hong Kong, not some thrift store somewhere.

i just got vectorman 1 and 2 yesterday at eb games yesterday for 4.00..you cant go wrong with that!

If it's as hard as its Playstation iteration (better known as PowerSlave), you'll be playing this one quite awhile. I needed cheat codes to get through it, & decided it wasnt worth playing through ever again...

Very challenging, sort of a DOOM FPS based in Egypt.