IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 32: Chuck Norris Superkicks

Ze_ro

Important Note: This week's competition is over, and no further scores will be accepted. If you still wish to discuss Chuck Norris Superkicks and compare scores, feel free to do so.

You are "Chuck Norris" trying to reach an ancient monastery to rescue a famous leader that is being held hostage. BEWARE! Dangerous warriors lie in waiting to spoil your efforts to reach your goal. You begin your journey as a White Belt, the first belt in the sport of Karate. By defeating the attackers, scoring points, and learning new martial skills, you will earn each of the colored belts associated with the "Tang Soo Do" style of karate. You must achieve the highest rank of all, the Black Belt, in order to reach and enter the monastery which is guarded by the fearsome NINJA assassins.

(Note that scores from Kung Fu Superkicks are also acceptable, as the game is the same)

Game Information

• Game Name: Chuck Norris Superkicks
  • Released By: Xonox, 1983
  • Left Difficulty: Not Applicable
  • Right Difficulty: Not Applicable
  • Game Mode: Game 1 - One Player
  • Chosen By: keilbaca

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores will be approximately Tuesday, Feb 28th at 1:30 AM (CST). In case you haven't already done so, please read the High Score Club rules. There is other useful information contained in that previous link, including a list of previous High Score Club games!

As before, next week's game will be chosen by the next person in the member list, which happens to be internetotaku! Please send me a private message with your choice of game for next week!

If you are not a member of the High Score Club, but would like to be, then all you have to do is post a score for this week's game, and I'll add you to the list!

Current High Scores

1. 197,300 (keilbaca) [+11]
  2. 192,700 (Rom Hunter) [+10]
  3. 179,000 (SpiceWare) [+9]
  4. 177,300 (scogey) [+8]
  5. 115,700 (supercat) [+7]
  6. 113,000 (Mad Scientist) [+6]
  7. 71,700 (LarcenTyler) [+5]
  8. 11,000 (Goochman) [+4]

Best Tips

• None yet

Bounties and Challenges

• None yet

TwinGalaxies Top 3

(Default Mode)
  1. 253,400 (Todd Rogers)
  2. 183,600 (Todd Smith)
  3. 175,400 (Robert Macauley)

Current Standings

1. Coming Eventually

Member List

internetotaku, panda_racer, KaeruYojimbo, cyberneticimplant, bjk7382, davepesc, neotokeo2001, xeex, bmlbytes, Omegamatrix, the 5th ghost, Xebec's Demise, khryssun, vgcollector666, chadtower, moycon, Malc74, shadow460, Atarifever, Keir, supercat, FireTiger, Philflound, Fellow Atari Man, keilbaca, brendano, Cybergoth, durden26, sku_u, mitsubachi, arlo, Recycled, LarcenTyler, silverpoodleman, 128bytes, Goochman, Thomas Jentzsch, Christophero Sly, D.Yancey, mrppv666, Mordax, Numan, Mordax, vdub_bobby, Dones, Gamemaster_ca_2003, scogey, graywest, RJ, Voch, video game addict, SpiceWare, Robert M, Mad Scientist, Dan Iacovelli, Gateway, Rom Hunter, gospeedde

Scoring Points in Chuck Norris Superkicks

Coming Soon

Hints and Tips

As always, you really should read the manual.

What's that? You don't have the manual? Well, AtariAge has a typed copy of the manual online. Here are the hints it provides:

* You must practice in order to learn the timing of karate.

* When using the THRUST KICK, stand with your head slightly higher than the enemy, then pull down on the joystick and press the fire button.

* When using the PUNCH, stand with your head slightly lower than the enemy's shoulders, then push up on the joystick and press the fire button. It is easier to punch the enemies in the mid-section than in the head.

* When using the SOMERSAULT SUPERKICK, be sure to time your jump. You cannot defeat an enemy while in the middle of your SUPERKICK. You must complete the SUPERKICK, then kick the warrior.

* Use the SUPERKICK to jump over STARS which are thrown at you in the harder fight screens.

--Ze_ro

post-6203-1140688440_thumb.jpg

Trying to hit invisible ninja's...

I feel like a complete moron.

8)

1022986[/snapback]

I don't think you can kill 'em all. The more you kill, the shorter the duty cycle (tested with some "cheats").

BTW, my highest legitimate score is 115,700. I really dislike the stupid random tree.

1023487[/snapback]

Yeah that's about right.

You get a higher score, by once you find the right path before the ninjas, to keep refighting. After you kill enough to go on, just go down a little and back up. At 500 points a ninja and over 3 minutes to kill (I always go to the ninja room with less than 2 min to go), you get a much higher score.

Now, only if I can kill em all every time without getting hit... then I'd get over 200k easily, and a lot closer to Todd's score.