IGNORED

How many eBay searches do you have?

Cybergoth

Just checked mine is up to 57!

I also always wonder what everyone else uses to search for items. My BIN search is :

atari -xbox -playstation -anthology -flashback -power -ST -lynx -gameboy -PC -Nintendo -switch -adaptor -jaguar -800 -400

Category: Video Games, Sort: Newly Listed, Format: Buy It Now

Otherwise you get like 20,000 hits.. this brings it down to 8000 but still a bunch. I weed out the stuff I just don't collect.

Just checked mine is up to 57!

I also always wonder what everyone else uses to search for items. My BIN search is :

atari -xbox -playstation -anthology -flashback -power -ST -lynx -gameboy -PC -Nintendo -switch -adaptor -jaguar -800 -400

Category: Video Games, Sort: Newly Listed, Format: Buy It Now

Otherwise you get like 20,000 hits.. this brings it down to 8000 but still a bunch. I weed out the stuff I just don't collect.

1026904[/snapback]

You can trim that search string down a bit by doing something like this:

atari -(xbox,playstation,anthology,flashback,power,ST,lynx,gameboy,PC,Nintendo,switch,adaptor,jaguar,800,400)

(hopefully that doesn't word-wrap on your screen.

Here's one I use for some commodore stuff:

commodore (c64,"c-64","commodore 64")

with a slight variation to only pick up disks and cartridges:

commodore (c64,"c-64","commodore 64")(disk,cartridge)

the stuff in the parenthesis are treated like OR conditions. So, those auctions read something like :

You can have multiple sets of parenthesis for adding and removing certain keywords.

I think I have about 15 searches. Several email me on specific items I'm looking for, but most are pretty generic and return what I like to collect.

PS: No spaces between the minus sign and the left parenthesis.

Edited by jerrykurtz

You can trim that search string down a bit by doing something like this:

atari -(xbox,playstation,anthology,flashback,power,ST,lynx,gameboy,PC,Nintendo,switch,adaptor,jaguar,800,400)

1026937[/snapback]

Thanks for the tips.. that will help..

29 right now.

I wish Ebay would allow greater flexibility in specifying search criteria.  What would be nice would be seperate search parameters for both the auction title and body.  If I could do that, I could cut out many more false hits from all the keyword spamming.

1026953[/snapback]

I've often thought the same thing.

Another trick I've found that works is if you're getting a lot of hits from a seller who lists a bunch of stuff that you're not interested in, try to find something in their auction description such as their address, email, name, or whatever, and filter it out. That seems to work quite well ;)