IGNORED

Finished ACTIVISION!

kyle

I only need a boxed copy of Cosmic Commuter to complete my collection.

Good luck. That was my last box to complete my collection and it took me over a year to acquire. My advice is to watch the AA boards. Never saw it on ebay.

Back in 1990 there were lotsa minty carts around =O Well not lots but enough it was fun .Back in those days i thought i was the only one collecting .But i knew one day they would be as collectible as say comic books are .Plus im crazy about them. It was a free for all back then . I would Place adds in the pennysaver paper and go to peoples houses. They would practically beg you to take the stuff =O Or the thrifts were the best there would be bins full of mostly sealed games for .50c a pop . I also was really into the APPLE II when i was younger, worst move i did was leaving Mint Original Ultima in a thrift but had no money.

I'm just missing beamrider and cosmic commuter now.

I was very disappointed with rampage, but I guess I shouldn't have expected much.

I think my favorites are pitfall 2 and hero. I also love the much-maligned plaque attack. I'm getting decent at double dragon and kung-fu master. The trick in double dragon seems to be "stand still and only use kick", because I can't do anything else without getting whupped in a hurry.

How are beamrider and cosmic commuter? I don't emulate much and have never played them.

Also, hi. I'm new. How many people tend to post here? What percentage of them are knowledgeable or programmers?

I'm just missing beamrider and cosmic commuter now.

I was very disappointed with rampage, but I guess I shouldn't have expected much.

I think my favorites are pitfall 2 and hero. I also love the much-maligned plaque attack. I'm getting decent at double dragon and kung-fu master. The trick in double dragon seems to be "stand still and only use kick", because I can't do anything else without getting whupped in a hurry.

How are beamrider and cosmic commuter? I don't emulate much and have never played them.

Also, hi. I'm new. How many people tend to post here? What percentage of them are knowledgeable or programmers?

Beamrider is a great game! Cosmic Commuter is pretty good. Both are much better than Rampage.

There are a ton of great contributors here at Atari Age. Welcome aboard.

I'll offer you double your money for one of those SIB Cosmic Commuters. That would be $1, right? :ponder:

How many people tend to post here? What percentage of them are knowledgeable or programmers?

About 10% programmers, 30% knowledgeable, 50% fanboy and 10% idiot.

Something like that, I'd guess.

Those breakdowns are probably pretty close. Not sure if I'm knowledgable or a fanboy. Hopefully I'm knowledgable. Here's another breakdown...

Dividing the world into a hundred parts, I am apt to believe the calculation might be thus adjusted:

Pedants -- 15

Persons of common sense -- 40

Wits -- 15

Fools -- 15

Persons of a wild uncultivated taste -- 10

Persons of original taste, improved by art -- 5

--- William Shenstone

Essays on Men, Manners and Things, ‘On Taste’

Edited by Atari Rescue Group

Kung fu master is awesome!! The first time i played it i was shocked at how good it is on the 2600. Also i see some of you dont like rampage. I think it's about as good as a 2600 rampage could be?? I dunno maybe not but i like it.

Edited by kyle

Wow.. Saw this post and I had to check my status of what I need. I did not realize how much more I still need to go :|

bridge

checkers

Kaboom! Activision Blue

Pitfall II: Lost Caverns

Pitfall! Activision Blue

Pressure Cooker Activision Standard

Skiing Activision Blue

Space Shuttle Activision Blue

Space Shuttle Activision Standard

Space Shuttle Activision White

Edited by jay2068

well.. uh.. scratch the two I need, I just caved in and ebayed them (atypical of me). I only have two blue labels though, so there I go, I guess. Kung fu master is indeed great. What's the best way to beat the bosses? I lose to them a lot. Pressure cooker is a great game. It's training me to work in food service! And I suppose after I have cosmic commuter, I'll make a decent cabbie too..

Oh and what's this Zenji deal

I have a 5200 but I am quite wary of it. I dream about it developing teeth in the storage bay doors and swallowing my wallet.

Kung Fu Master is maybe one of the best games in the Activision library, and woefully underappreciated.

Yes it is! That is one amazing port. I was just playing it last night and thinking the same thing.

I'm close to the set too, I need cosmic commuter and (of all things) checkers. Any time now!