IGNORED

2600 Kung-Fu Master

jpfalcon2003

I have to admit when i got this game, the graphics literally blew me away. It was hard for me to believe that this was a 2600 game. I was really impressed and didn't know the 2600 could even pull something off that good. It's one of the best games I had seen for the system. Activision had done a really great job on the graphics.

The problem is I find the game very difficult and have trouble on the second screen. My friend Chad gotten past that one. I think to the 3rd level. Any tips or suggestions to make it farther or beat the game.

Although graphically Activsion did a fantastic job of conversion they really should have spent a little more time on refining the controls. It is a little too frustrating attempting to nail enemies on both sides as your man seems to sometimes jerk as he turns round. This aside a nice game to look at ;)

I was able to beat the game after a bit of practice. I love this one! The second level is where you can really build up big points by punching the dragons before they breathe fire. The knife throwers are the most difficult part for me. The games speeds up twice; at around 400K and again around 800K. If you make it that far, it's really a whirl wind!!! I think the real key to mastering the controls is to kick MUCH EARLIER than you think you should. The collision detection is very forgiving in that respect. Also, remember there is no jump kick like in the arcade version. IIRC, it took me about 45 levels to max the score. It can be difficult because you only earn one bonus man, so you have to average about 250K per man to max it.

I think the VCS version is far superior to the NES version. I can't play that one at all, but the VCS version is a blast. I love it. DYancey is right, just execute your move about a half second before you think you should and you'll be fine. Its the mini-bosses that always kick my keister!

It's a very good game, if you like this you'll like Kung Fu for the NES, i think its practically the same game, but the NES version is a little easier, i can beat it without much problem. But yeah, Kung Fu Master is one of my favorite 2600 games.

I once possessed the NES version and have to admit that I could play it far more easily than the 2600 version although graphically the 2600 version was possibly stronger ;)

Although graphically Activsion did a fantastic job of conversion they really should have spent a little more time on refining the controls. It is a little too frustrating attempting to nail enemies on both sides as your man seems to sometimes jerk as he turns round. This aside a nice game to look at ;)

couldn't agree more with you.

I was able to beat the game after a bit of practice. I love this one! The second level is where you can really build up big points by punching the dragons before they breathe fire. The knife throwers are the most difficult part for me. The games speeds up twice; at around 400K and again around 800K. If you make it that far, it's really a whirl wind!!! I think the real key to mastering the controls is to kick MUCH EARLIER than you think you should. The collision detection is very forgiving in that respect. Also, remember there is no jump kick like in the arcade version. IIRC, it took me about 45 levels to max the score. It can be difficult because you only earn one bonus man, so you have to average about 250K per man to max it.

does the game end when you reach over 999,000

It's a very good game, if you like this you'll like Kung Fu for the NES, i think its practically the same game, but the NES version is a little easier, i can beat it without much problem. But yeah, Kung Fu Master is one of my favorite 2600 games.

I once possessed the NES version and have to admit that I could play it far more easily than the 2600 version although graphically the 2600 version was possibly stronger ;)

I agree with you on that one. The graphics were just as good as the 8 bit systems versions for it. Just wish it were easier.

Thanks again for the tips. You must be a video game genius to have pulled off these scores on all these extremely hard titles. I will use the tips you gave for this one as well.

Really nice music too.

That one and Double Dragon are Slamming. It's ashame so many people dislike these games because of how hard they are, but the graphics are truly excellent for both of them. If Atari would have had all their games graphically done like this, they'd still be in business with home consoles.

Yes, the games freezes at 999,999. There is no special ending or anything, but it's quite satisfying to finish this one!

Yes, the games freezes at 999,999. There is no special ending or anything, but it's quite satisfying to finish this one!

I bet. Wish you were near New Orleans, cause I'd invite you over to play it with me.lol