IGNORED

Out of Control cartridge question

Joystick Jolter

Hi,

Been quite a while since I've landed my space vehicle on this site. Has anyone

seen an Out Of Control cartridge sold lately, or ever for that matter. Reason I'm

asking is because I think I have one that is almost in brand new condition. I'm

not sure I have the box though. I think I received it without the box in a small

plain box.

For those of you who don't know me or have forgotten. I used to review 2600

games for a newsletter I had and a TV show that I used to appear on. I was

looking through some things earlier and I'm pretty sure I saw one. I'm not going

back up in the attic right now and dig through all the boxes I looked through to see

if it was, but if it's worth it I might go back up to find it and

sell it!

Thanks for any answers you guys will leave.

Tony

"The Joystick Jolter"

Hi,

seen an Out Of Control cartridge sold lately, or ever for that matter. Reason I'm

not sure I have the box though. I think I received it without the box in a small

plain box.

looking through some things earlier and I'm pretty sure I saw one. I'm not going

back up in the attic right now and dig through all the boxes I looked through to see

sell it!

Tony

"The Joystick Jolter"

I sold an Out of Control last May with instructions for $500. It sold with the buy it now. I had a ton of interest in it. If I had it run auction style I think that it would have sold for more but it went to a good home.

Hi,

plain box.

sell it!

Tony

"The Joystick Jolter"

I sold an Out of Control last May with instructions for $500. It sold with the buy it now. I had a ton of interest in it. If I had it run auction style I think that it would have sold for more but it went to a good home.

I WONDER who got that treasure!!! :ponder: What a great deal!!!

Sorry to report the cartridge has been sold privately to someone who wants to remain

anonymous and per his request he doesn't want anything shown. I did not intend for

this to end this way. But at the price he offered I doubt there would be too many members here who would not have sold it under the buyer's terms. Hey this landed up

being a nice vacation for my wife and I. What's even stranger about the whole thing

was that he contacted me through eBay.

Tony

Edited by Joystick Jolter

was it a local show or major show if it was aired on a major network what show was it. i also would like to see a picture of this cart.

At first I was on a local cable access show, don't laugh too hard, on one show I had

a giveaway of a couple of games and we had people calling in. It was a Friday night

and we broadcast out of the City Hall in Clifton NJ. The city had 80,000 people but

the cable network covered 8 cities with over a quarter of a million people. Our phone

numbers were through the City Hall phone system which we had access to during the

show. There were 25 lines coming in and calls would just go to another number down

the line. Every line was lit during the entire show. We actually had a couple hundred

different entries, but certainly missed many more. We had good newspaper coverage

and I actually built up a huge following. The show I just mentioned was a Christmas special that I actually did live for 2 hours. We had game screens on screen, it was really quite technical for an access show. Probably because the director actually worked at Channel 7, an ABC affilliate, in New York City. After that show, ABC even did a short piece on a nightly newscast about my show.

From there I landed a show on a cable station that was called CTN, Cable Television Network of New Jersey. This was a Network setup that was carried on every cable system in the state of NJ. I did 13 weeks but instead of just videogames actually turned it into a computer show. It was called the Home Computer Show. That took a lot of thought to come up with. On that show I covered the Atari, Commodore 64, Apple and all the other smaller computers of the day. It just so happened to coincide with the great videogame/computer crash of the era. But it was fun. One of my "top" moments was 3 hours spent with one of the Kitchen brothers talking about "SPACE SHUTTLE" and all the other stuff that was going on at Activision. He came to the studio and we were going to tape a 10-15 minute interview and as I said it landed up being a 3 hour session. I had met him before in Las Vegas at the Consumer Electronics Show and being a New Jersey guy as I was we had a lot to talk about.

Oh to be back there again. But these are just good memories now. Just 2 weeks shy of

my 60th birthday it's great to reminsce about such a great time. Those of you too young

to have been there cannot imagine what a "HUGE" time it was. We had wild dreams of

what the "home computer" would do for us in the future, but never envisioned TODAY.

Well I know I've bored a lot of people with my reminiscing of old times here so I'll say

I'm sorry. For those of you really in love with that time I'm sure you're smiling.

Tony

For those of you really in love with that time I'm sure you're smiling.

Tony

Not at all. If you ever get a chance, write an article about your experiences from that time and post it to one of the classic game newsletters/magazines or set up a blog here. It's always fun reading about what people did in the industry in those days.

Tony,

What a great story! Many of us could only have DREAMED about "working" in computers when we were growing up. For most of us, Atari hits a heart string as well as being fun. Nice to hear your take on things. Hopefully you can attend one of the regional/large game shows this year and see where classic games are today (in person!).

I am sure you have other games like OOC that folks here would love to have. There may be many more vacations in your future :)

Cassidy