IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

Please tell me you called ebay and got him in trouble for that. Not only is it screwing you, it's screwing ebay because a side deal would lose them their 10% too. They don't take kindly to that ever. If you're lucky that 10% of $2000 may be enough to get his account temporarily banned if not entirely.

Please tell me you called ebay and got him in trouble for that. Not only is it screwing you, it's screwing ebay because a side deal would lose them their 10% too. They don't take kindly to that ever. If you're lucky that 10% of $2000 may be enough to get his account temporarily banned if not entirely.

I did and it is being investigated. A suspension would probably the worst that will happen.
  • Like 1

I did and it is being investigated. A suspension would probably the worst that will happen.

I was wondering how it works if you make a purchase thru ebay and the seller cancels as to whether or not you can still leave feedback after this?

EDIT:

I have only had it happen once a couple years back I bid and won on a playstation 3, and the next day noticed the money back in my account and I asked the seller what was up and he said that he accidentally dropped it and it broke. I don't remember being able to leave feedback after but I could be mistaken.

Edited by SignGuy81

I think the guy was lying anyway just trying to get more money(may have had an offer but not as much). Why would you tell a buyer that? He would have been better off using the excuse the guy told me about the PS3 that something happened to it, lost it, got stolen, anything other than "I'm a pretty shady seller going outside of policy here with an outside offer so can you match it?" I believe if he had an outside offer he would have just used an excuse like I mentioned and took the money. I would still believe the person is lying about the options I mentioned but I would probably still give benefit of doubt I guess if leaving feedback but yeah to flat tell the person you are trying to do them wrong i can't believe it and I hope he gets suspended or banned for it.

Edited by SignGuy81

Just proves whether there was another offer or not, he's completely stupid. If all that was said through any kind of mailing that ebay services do he admitted to listing fraud and selling off site so he's pretty screwed. He can't even try and argue it away as stolen or broken goods.

Outlet-house on eBay. Did not ship item. Did not let me know why or answer several messages. Still not shipped by guaranteed arrival date. Filed a complaint and finally gave a refund four days after complaint was filed, wasting over two weeks of my time and only other eBay seller sold the item by that time.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if I should share this or not, but I had bought some Atari manuals from a guy selling them for a buck plus shipping on the eBay site, he started selling on the AtariAge Marketplace FB page. I ordered a few manuals from him through FB, but he never sent them, and even had them relisted on the FB page. When I PM'ed him about it he gave me a number of excuses, but at least he gave me my money back. I don't think he's selling on the FB page but he's listing on eBay again and when I bid on the item, he cancelled the listing as "no longer available for sale" then relisted it five minutes later. Maybe he just has a personal problem with me or something since I had the audacity to actually ask what happened to my order. Not sure if that would raise red flags with anyone else but I know I'll never buy from this guy again.

I'm not sure if I should share this or not, but I had bought some Atari manuals from a guy selling them for a buck plus shipping on the eBay site, he started selling on the AtariAge Marketplace FB page. I ordered a few manuals from him through FB, but he never sent them, and even had them relisted on the FB page. When I PM'ed him about it he gave me a number of excuses, but at least he gave me my money back. I don't think he's selling on the FB page but he's listing on eBay again and when I bid on the item, he cancelled the listing as "no longer available for sale" then relisted it five minutes later. Maybe he just has a personal problem with me or something since I had the audacity to actually ask what happened to my order. Not sure if that would raise red flags with anyone else but I know I'll never buy from this guy again.

does this guy have a name?

I got contacted by someone once trying to do a side deal and eBay sent me a warning right after I just read the message - I didn't even reply yet. The warning said that if the auction was canceled for any reason I'd get a strike because someone was trying to make a deal outside of eBay. I responded and said no thank you, I'll let my auction run. But since someone did that after the sale I'm not sure how they'd treat that.

The warning said that if the auction was canceled for any reason I'd get a strike because someone was trying to make a deal outside of eBay.

LOL I'm sure that strike carries as much merit as an unpaid item strike.... Plus they can't prove anything. If shit gets broken it gets broken, they can't fault you for that. 1 call to CS and that useless empty threat would be gone.

eBay user sergeantbruce purchased a netbook from me loaded with Kali Linux with a best offer $10 under asking. Upon receipt he notified me he could not get it to load Windows 7 from DVD and wanted instructions on how to do so. I responded he should use the Windows Media Creation Tool for Windows 7 to create a bootable USB flash drive.

He could not make it boot and demanded I give him instructions on how to install Windows 7 on the netbook, which is not an OS for which I made any guarantees nor a service I offered with the sale. He then informed me the media tool was asking for his license key which he did not have.

My response was simply to find a key because he will need it, anyway. As well, he could use a program like Rufus or UNetBootIn to create a bootable flash from an ISO of his disc. He responded he would file a return with eBay.

He also left negative feedback of "very poor communication" and, of course, will not withdraw it now that he has told me he has it loaded and is satisfied. eBay has removed the defective transaction from my record but, even though the appeals agents have full access to his messages and can clearly see his shenanigans, will not remove his negative feedback because "it is his opinion."

Well, my legally-defensible opinion is his feedback is a retaliatory lie. Below I have put my side of the conversation as my attorney is reviewing CA law to determine if I can also publish his communications with me.

The ease with which he handled this, including avoiding specific mentions of feedback to get what he wanted (per the feedback extortion policy) and instead using the return process which apparently has no negative impact on buyers, leads me to suspect he has done this to other sellers, thus my recommendation would be to avoid doing business with him.

This is as much a condemnation of him as a buyer as it is of eBay. Throughout this process I maintained contact with eBay, making my first contact with eBay support as soon as I read him say he would demand a return. I was assured across numerous calls the case would be resolved in my favor because they could read in the emails that not only was he altering the functionality of the device, but I had gone well out of my way to provide assistance without enabling his attempt to install an operating system for which he had no license key. As well, I was assured the negative feedback would be stricken by eBay.

Speaking with an eBay appeals agent today, she removed the defective transaction as a "courtesy," which I really do not think she understands the connotation of the word as she also explained the circumstances warranted the removal, but the negative feedback would stand. As I cannot leave negative feedback for the buyer, only report him (which I have,) I had to leave a reply which is also subject to the 80-character limitation of regular feedback.

(He states he cannot get Windows 7 to load from DVD and wants to know how to get his Windows installed.)

To: sergeantbruce
Sent: Jun-02-18 16:43

Dear sergeantbruce,

Your best bet is to us the Media Creation Tool for Windows 7 and create a
bootable USB thumb drive. Or use an ISO of the DVD you're using to create
one.

-loadwb

(He admits he is not familiar with Windows 7 and needs more detailed instructions.)

To:sergeantbruce
Sent:Jun-02-18 19:33

Dear sergeantbruce,

It really doesn't get any simpler. Look up the Windows Media Creation Tool
for Windows 7, run it and it will do everything you need to make a bootable
installation on a USB stick. Then boot the mini from that USB.

-loadwb

(He says the tool asks for his key which he doesn't have, and if I don't give him a better way he will demand a return.)

Sent:Jun-03-18 17:34

Dear sergeantbruce,

You cannot install Windows 7 without a key, anyway, so you'll need to turn
one up. There is nothing wrong with that machine. If you spend a few
minutes on Google you will find all of the information you need to do what
you want to do it. I know complete morons who can pirate Windows and since
you seem like a smart person to me I suspect, given the effort, you will
have no problem accomplishing what you want.

Since you've taken a
thinly-veiled aggressive stance with the statement "declare it a boat
anchor and send it back," I shall returning the favor: I offer no support
for the systems I sell other than dead-on-arrival, as I expect buyer to not
only read the auction description but to also know what they're doing.
This system worked as described when it was sent off and I guarantee it
boots into Kali Linux. I will not accept a return because you don't know
what you're doing and any attempt to force me to do so will constitute
violation of a legal contract, e.g. the eBay user agreement, and thus be a
fraudulent action.

-loadwb

(He says he cannot get it to boot from the thumb drive, and if I don't give him a better way we're going to be in an argument over the situation.)

Sent:Jun-04-18 17:42

Dear sergeantbruce,

I will give you two hints to accomplish what appears to be an illegitimate
goal: use an ISO of the Windows operating system you want to install and
create a bootable USB stick using a program such as Rufus or UNetBootWin.
I used the latter to create a bootable Kali Linux USB stick.

Otherwise
there is nothing to argue. I was able to load three different operating
systems on that machine for testing, including the final load of Kali
Linux, using the exact procedure I have prescribed: using the Media
Creation Tool for Windows 7 and Windows 10, as well as making a bootable
USB drive for the Kali Linux installation. That you cannot get Windows 7
to work because you do not have a key indicates to me you are not
authorized to do what you are attempting in the first place.

That you
cannot make the device do what you want is neither a problem of the sale
nor myself but rather a problem of the user. I would have been willing to
have you send it to me with your media and I would install it, but first
and foremost I will not install unlicensed operating systems and, secondly,
you committed the unfortunate foul of telling me you would send it back,
implying a reversal of the transaction, if I did not offer you any help,
essentially attempting to extort me into doing something which was not
offered in the auction in the first place.

A less aggressive approach
would yield much better results. I have already inquired with eBay about
this transaction and I can assure you the situation is in my favor. If you
can prove to me you posses the proper Windows 7 license for what you want
to do I will inquire with eBay about resolving your problem by loading it
for you, but you will be responsible for shipping in both directions.

-loadwb

Sent:Jun-04-18 20:56

Hi Alan,

sergeantbruce let us know that something is wrong with HP Mini 110-1012NR 1.60GHz-1GB-16GB SSD Laptop+Charger VD069UA#ABA. As a result, they requested to return the item for a refund.

(His return request notes the Kali Linux installation is preventing him from installing Windows 7.)

Sent:Jun-05-18 15:52

Dear sergeantbruce,

Please send video showing the laptop booting past the USB into Linux.

-loadwb

(The request above was actually a trap concocted by myself and an eBay rep to try to get him to provide proof the netbook indeed worked as described, which he summarily ignored.)

(Negative feedback left): Very poor communication

(He tells me he loaded DOS to remove my program.)

Sent:Jun-06-18 18:29

New message to: sergeantbruce
Then how about fixing that negative feedback and closing the return claim.

(He says he will not rescind his feedback because I told him there was no other way to do what he wanted.)

Sent:Jun-06-18 21:23

You're splitting hairs. I said the EASIEST way would be to use a proper tool. I even gave you two specific programs you could use with an ISO. I also told you to go to Google. My girlfriend, who is by no means technologically adept, found within a minute no less than three different blogs and forum threads which give detail instructions on how to do what you wanted to do.

Your feedback is retaliatory, you tried to extort me to give you a service which was not offered in the auction, you reported me to eBay for your ineptitude, and you have put an unnecessary blemish on my eBay reputation.

Sent:Jun-07-18 23:51

So to be clear, you have Windows 7 installed and working on the netbook?

Sent:Jun-08-18 08:42

Bruce, if you have the laptop working the way you want, close the return request so it can be cleared out

Sent:Jun-08-18 09:33

Hi loadwb,
We're sorry there was a problem with this transaction. After reviewing the case, we made a final decision in the buyer's favor.
Details:
Decision:
This case has been decided in the buyer's favor.

Comments:
The buyer has been asked to return the item to you. Once tracking shows the item has been delivered to you, the buyer will be issued a refund. If the buyer uses an eBay provided shipping label to return the item, you will be required to pay the shipping and will see this charge on your invoice.

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.

(He tells me his is now happy with the computer)

Sent:Jun-08-18 21:00

Our fragile lexicon is severely deficient of primitives necessary to adequately express the level of relief which envelopes the cockles of my heart. Huzzah!

Sent:Jun-14-18 20:49

Hi loadwb,
Thanks for working to resolve this issue. The buyer has closed this request. You don't need to do anything else. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.
You can view the details of this request in the Resolution Center.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ID unknown, is he specific to international site or something?

No, he's from Connecticut.

At one time he was in the AtariAge Marketplace FB forums but dropped out right after he f'ed up my order.

He changed it to rickydee862009

Edited by FroggoGamer

Here's another eBay clown to watch out for,

journey6432

He bought a sealed copy of Pac-Man for the 2600 from me, the "Not For Resale" Version, then left negative feedback claiming the game was opened, the warranty card removed, and the game was resealed. When I inspected it, old glue was still holding it together. I took lots of pics of the game. It did not appear to be opened. At any rate, why buy a sealed copy of a game like this when you can get a CIB opened for half the price?

Hold on now, and it really sucks they locked that thread because this needs to be addressed. Before we kill some 14 year old ebay account did anyone verify w/that ebay seller that the scamming new account on Atari-age is actually the same owner of the ebay account?

There is nothing to prove some scammer didn't steal some random ebay account name and create a profile w/that name and post a link to said ebay account on their AA profile.

I think there may be some assuming and jumping the gun here on whether that ebay account actually belongs to the Atari Age account.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

ebay user prayoub1

Bought a computer from me, I was asking 75 obo I took 62, this is important later

Within an couple hours of getting it, he is messaging me complaining that he cant get his zip drive to work cause the cable is too short and when he plugs in his keyboard the machine wont boot goes direct to bios then later he cant find drivers but never says what for, cant get his USB drive to work and tells me to call him for tech support

next thing I know I get screenshots of the thing with boot ini errors, I need to help him now! Wasted 4 hours of his life etc, so I simply said start a refund if he feels that strongly about it.

Next message is something along the lines of oh Id hate to do that cause you would have to pay postage both ways let me work on it ... then its flip and flop then accuses me of nickle and diming him ... see first line and 8 messages in the span of like 2 hours demanding tech support cause he has completely fucked the computer at this point

3 days later he still has not accepted the refund where he keeps the computer and gets his money back, cause screw it a stupid p4 dell is not worth the hassle, and its not worth my time to dispute it cause ebay always sides with the buyer anyway

Edited by Osgeld

eBay user silver-2000

Gotta give him credit for getting the item to me in a day through USPS, though living only an hour or so away from him probably had something to do with that. I bought what I thought was going to be a sealed Qix game for Atari computers, as each of the provided pictures showed a sealed game. The listing said nothing about the pictures being stock photos. What I received was a VERY beat up box that hadn't been sealed probably since the day it was originally sold in the 80s. Needless to say, it's going back through the eBay Money Back Guarantee. He hasn't responded to my request yet, but it's obviously a slam dunk return, even if eBay has to get involved. He may point to the fact that the description says "Booklet, cartridge and box" (that was the extent of his item description), but I thought he was just covering the bases, since obviously that's what is inside of a sealed game box!

UPDATE: He acknowledged the mistake but said I should have known better because the listing said "Very Good" and it's 36-year-old software. Umm, no. That said, he agreed to a full refund with a return shipping label, so he made it right.

• Like 1