IGNORED

A Jag mega demo, it's possible ?

GT Turbo

For all the guys who don't know anything about "us" demosceners:

http://mlab.uiah.fi/~eye/demos/

I've ben here since the birth of demo time and I still found that link nice reading =)

Brings back memories..

thanx..

..creating demos is an artform...

"But is it Art?" .... =) I miss TaT you know.. wonder what ever happened to him (PS coder?) ..i still hold his "art" verry high.. the fist demo on the falcon that harnesed the power of the falcon..

we need a similar coder for the jaguar.. so people that doubt its power can be prooven wrong ;)

cheers

/Sym

Hello again,

With the Jag CF, we can easily deal any programs for the Jag, even people who haven't got Bjl Jag can launch it, so after the TNG team, that's SebRmv (Removers) who has done a little demo for the Jag, so one question, do you think a mega demo on Jag it's possible ?

Well I'm not a "crew", but I'd be happy to try to create a little demo for

the next Jag "do" in Europe. The trouble is that although art is a hobby,

it's more "fine art" (painting) than computer art, and my music skills are

nearly non-existent... but I could submit something... I suggest that each

demo should be able to stand alone for BJL/JUGS/Alpine/CD-boot as well

as work as part of a mega-demo which I think you say requires Jag CF?

The only thing is, of course, I make no promise but given a target date...?

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hi Justclaws,

People alone are welcome too ;) That's not only crew reserved, everybody is welcome.

I think for music and graphics, we can find somebody who can help you for doing graphics and music. That's not a problem.

GT Turbo (C.V.S.D and Jagware) poulpe.gif

For all the guys who don't know anything about "us" demosceners:

http://mlab.uiah.fi/~eye/demos/

I've ben here since the birth of demo time and I still found that link nice reading =)

Brings back memories..

thanx..

..creating demos is an artform...

"But is it Art?" .... =) I miss TaT you know.. wonder what ever happened to him (PS coder?) ..i still hold his "art" verry high.. the fist demo on the falcon that harnesed the power of the falcon..

we need a similar coder for the jaguar.. so people that doubt its power can be prooven wrong ;)

cheers

/Sym

Well if you wanna know what Steve (TaT) is doing check his link

http://www.clarets.org/steve/

I always found ST demos to be enormously frustrating all that great scrolling work and it does nothing, what a waste of time and effort

you must be american... "if its of no use then don't do it".... its about making

your dreams come true... creating demos is an artform... it's the competition

between coders, musicians and graphists!

What the hell does being american have to do with anything, thats like me saying you must be a nazi because you are german.

I always found ST demos to be enormously frustrating all that great scrolling work and it does nothing, what a waste of time and effort

you must be american... "if its of no use then don't do it".... its about making

What the hell does being american have to do with anything, thats like me saying you must be a nazi because you are german.

Well, my experience is just that most americans don't see any use in DEMOS... thats why there never was and still is not something like a demoscene in this huge country. If you feel pissed off now ok... and don't all americans always think we germans are still nazis, eh? ;) *mehides*

Actually Im closer to you than that - in good old England, your massive generalisation of the collective American psyche could be construed by some as an insult, was it intended to be?

I suppose demos have their place among coders as GT Turbo has pointed out, I used to buy a lot of ST Demos when I got my first STE 520 in 1979 but only played each one once, as to me, someone who doesnt code, it was a waste of time. I couldnt appreciate the impossible things the coders were making the ST do - it was just so much changing kaliedoscope rainbows and scrolling names. I could be playing a proper game instead of watching pretty colours!

Thats why I said they were a waste of time - I wouldnt buy one unless it was somhow more interactive, the minigame inclusion is an ideal hook to ensure more interest from a wider cross section of Jaguar Fans.

I put my pretty colours in my game carts!

post-2200-1148660155_thumb.jpg

You "bought" them? ... well demos were and are still freeware... tbh they ripped you off ;)

... and It wasn't ment as an insult...

Of course you gotta bear in mind 27 years ago that stuff wasnt as easy to get as it is now ;) The PD Shareware suppliers that advertised in Mags Like ST Format only charged a pittance anyway I think they worked out at one pound a disc, still got em too - discs probably all no good now though :(

Well, my experience is just that most americans don't see any use in DEMOS... thats why there never was and still is not something like a demoscene in this huge country. If you feel pissed off now ok... and don't all americans always think we germans are still nazis, eh? ;) *mehides*

Your second statement is as bad as the first. No body I know thinks of germans as nazis in this day and age. Its stupid generalizations as this that cause so many problems. I wish people would think before they type. Maybe its just the ease of being able to type such garbage and catch not real crap for it in your everyday life. I think the internet has made so many cowards.

I use to be big into the demo scene way back in the day, it was always cool to see the limits the computers where being pushed too.

Robert

Hey I am an American, and I say: If you want to do a Jaguar mega-demo, go for it!!! I don't even own a Jaguar (yet), but I have the utmost respect for the demo coders..... Demos being 'useful'?.....well, simply as an artform, I think they deserve a place..... As for demos encouraging new and supposed 'impossible' effects in games, Absoloutly!!! Jeez, don't any of you guys own a C-64?!?? I remember a 'crack-tro' that featured multi-colored animated scrolltext above and below the top and bottom borders on the C-64's screen, every book and mag said it couldn't be done.... Some years later 2 games came out that played music while the game loaded, again regarded as 'impossible'.....

:)

And, I am a huge Amiga fan, and yes, I have about 1GB of demos and mega-demos on my miggy....

on a side note: any idea how much the Jaguar CF cartridge will cost???

We think it will be sold at the same price than games (Total Carnage price) or less if enough people buy one, we will do the maximun for having a small price, for everybody can got it ;)

and thanks for you support about demos ;)

GT Turbo (Jagware)

Your second statement is as bad as the first. No body I know thinks of germans as nazis in this day and age. Its stupid generalizations as this that cause so many problems. I wish people would think before they type. Maybe its just the ease of being able to type such garbage and catch not real crap for it in your everyday life. I think the internet has made so many cowards.

I use to be big into the demo scene way back in the day, it was always cool to see the limits the computers where being pushed too.

Robert

Sorry if you didnt get that style of humour... it was NOT MENT SERIOUS... look at the smiley!

We think it will be sold at the same price than games (Total Carnage price) or less if enough people buy one, we will do the maximun for having a small price, for everybody can got it ;)

and thanks for you support about demos ;)

GT Turbo (Jagware)

Total Carnage price? INSANE! :D