IGNORED

Surfs up amiga proto

Dusk2600

It would seem that the battle is on.

OOOHHHHH, I love challenges; thanks for the warning!!! I am going to have to call for back-up energy on this one. May the best man win!!! :)

Oh, I'm not going for it. I've already exceeded my spending limit for the month. I just noticed who has bid on it already. ;)

I suggest if anyone is interested in this item you should email the seller now with

your email address and contact info, as there is a good possibility this auction could

get pulled by ebay

UPDATE

I just notice no mention of Prototype in the auction so it may very well not get cancelled

Edited by FND

Well, I have a repo copy...

So your the one that reposessed my rare amiga game. I knew I couldn't make the payments but I wanted it anyway.

Oh, you meant repro :D

my bad....typo...I meant to say "repro." :)

Has this game been dumped??

Well, I have a repo copy but not the real mccoy.

I also have a reproduction copy but am intrested in this one, looks like this will be the first auction where I will have to face the notorius Wonder007 that never loses an auction, I will put up a fight but your reputation speaks for it self............. I hate Ebay.

I also have a reproduction copy but am intrested in this one, looks like this will be the first auction where I will have to face the notorius Wonder007 that never loses an auction, I will put up a fight but your reputation speaks for it self............. I hate Ebay.

May the best man win!!! .................... Hey, good luck!! I hope one of us gets it!!! :)

He does lose now and then - it's just expensive when he does. ;)

I'd like to have this as well, but can't right now. I'll stay out of it.

He sure got that boxed Malagai lot for a steal, what happened there?

True.....for the auctions that I have really wanted to win, it's only been like three times I have lost and because I did not rebid on time. Now, I have a strategy in which that will never happen again.

Yes, I lost once to crunchysuperman- it was for the Sears pictured Superman.

On Malagai, I think I got a great bargain there because the conditions and the cost to get Malagai and the rest of the stuff were too high. Luckily I got great help from Ericdelee.

On Surf's Up, I think it is going to be a tough auction. Haven't seen one of these in a long time.

If I were you I wouldn't even bother placing a bid. If you bid the only thing you will achieve is to make him pay through the nose for it. Wonder's a nice guy. i'd rather it go to him for a steal than some e-bay hawk make a killing off him. And if you do win, it wont be worth it - you'll have to pay 100xmarket value to beat him. no good can come of it either way.

LET WONDER HAVE IT I SAY!!!

How do we know this is authentic and not a burned EPROM in an Amiga shell?

I suppose we don't (it's always hard to tell with 3rd part protos), but that cart looks almost exactly like the two others I've seen. I'd bet it's real.

Tempest

I suppose we don't (it's always hard to tell with 3rd part protos), but that cart looks almost exactly like the two others I've seen. I'd bet it's real.

Tempest

If you compare the cart Tempest has on his website and the one on ebay, they are almost identicial. The label seems to be cut off on one side and the corners on the other side are rounded. However, on Tempest cart, it seems to be cut off from the top and on ebay it is cut-off from the bottom meaning that maybe they used one sticker for two labels and then cut it in the middle. The type also is the same. I'm almost sure it is a real proto.

Tempest

Mine is real. It was the first one uncovered. And yes, it is for sale as well. Legit offers will be considered. Low ball offers will be ignored.

Regards,

-Lee

True.....for the auctions that I have really wanted to win, it's only been like three times I have lost and because I did not rebid on time. Now, I have a strategy in which that will never happen again.

Yes, I lost once to crunchysuperman- it was for the Sears pictured Superman.

On Malagai, I think I got a great bargain there because the conditions and the cost to get Malagai and the rest of the stuff were too high. Luckily I got great help from Ericdelee.

On Surf's Up, I think it is going to be a tough auction. Haven't seen one of these in a long time.

And Eric DeLee is very happy as well! :) :)

If I were you I wouldn't even bother placing a bid. If you bid the only thing you will achieve is to make him pay through the nose for it. Wonder's a nice guy. i'd rather it go to him for a steal than some e-bay hawk make a killing off him. And if you do win, it wont be worth it - you'll have to pay 100xmarket value to beat him. no good can come of it either way.

I get what youre saying but I think this might be another reason why he got the boxed Malagai so cheap. Once people knew that he was gunning for it they may have backed down, they did say they would ship at the end of the auction but still nobody bid any higher. I think people just gave up because of Wonders reputation, Im sure he is a nice guy but that wont stop me from placing a bid of what I think its worth even if I know hes going to win anyways.

I get what youre saying but I think this might be another reason why he got the boxed Malagai so cheap. Once people knew that he was gunning for it they may have backed down, they did say they would ship at the end of the auction but still nobody bid any higher. I think people just gave up because of Wonders reputation, Im sure he is a nice guy but that wont stop me from placing a bid of what I think its worth even if I know hes going to win anyways.

I guess I have a very different philosophy. if i know i cant win an item i'd rather not bump up the price that a reputable collector like Wonder will pay. I've got nothing to lose by him winning an auction cheaper than what he would have if i had bid. I know this is going to sound controversial, but I've noticed a lot of bidders place reasonably high bids on items they know they are going to lose just to ensure the "market value" of the item stays high. If this comment is going to outrage anyone I can mention specific e-bay auctions where the losing bidder stated on this forum that they didnt want the item to go that cheap.

The problem is that we collectors often artificially inflate the selling price of items and as a result we ALL end up paying more. The big losers are the collectors like Wonder who give a damn about this hobby and the winners are the resellers and those that come across a rare item by chance. i'm glad Wonder got the Malagai cart cheap. he's earnt his reputation and has spent a fortune on his collection.

You can make him pay what you think this cart is worth and thats fine, because the next time this cart comes up someone else will probably do the same to you. at the end of the day you will both lose.

I appreciate the kind words from Dino and Crazy Climber....all I got to say is I will do what I have always done and if I win, I win and if I lose, I lose----it will not be the end of the world.....you just need to move on..

I really enjoy collecting Atari 2600 stuff.........I think I love it so much because it reminds me of my childhood, boy I wish I can go back to those times......they were the best.