IGNORED

IMAGIC TO ACTIVISION

Foxsolo2000

Does anyone know how many Imagic titles were rereleased as Activision titles and did these relabled games have the Activision logo on screen instead of the Imagic one. Also does anyone have a pic of the cartridges? Were they put in Activision carts or kept in Imagic carts with an Activision label? ;)

Really? I had no idea the logo was changed (even though I don't have these carts). I also didn't know Activision released them. I always presumed it was Imagic copying Activision's cheap label style.

If anyone is wondering the three games are (in the blue label text style):

Atlantis

Demon Attack

Moonsweeper

So out of all the titles available to them they only chose to release those three. Were they US only releases or available worldwide? I ask for I have never seen any of them either ;)

They where sold in Canada also. I don't know about oversea's though.

So out of all the titles available to them they only chose to release those three. Were they US only releases or available worldwide? I ask for I have never seen any of them either ;)

Don't forget that at the time, the videogame market was imploding and interest in the 2600 was waning.

Yes they did:

post-43-1147902342_thumb.jpg

I keep mine next to the Imagic boxes since they still look like Imagic boxes & not Activision. In the link to Atlantis above, it does clearly have the Activision logo on the screen, so it has been updated under Activision's license:

post-43-1147902504_thumb.jpg

Weird. I saw also two games from 20th Century Fox with the Activision logo : Fast Eddie and Turmoil. What relation have Activision and Fox? It is the same as Imagic - Activision?

No.

These are most probably brazilian hacks.

Nice catch, Nabuko78.

8)

I have always put mine with my Imagic titles.

Should I officially move these to the Activision Blue Label area of my collection?

I never noticed the Activision logo in the game before.

So what are these? Activision games or Imagic games?

Is the logo on the black boxes "Imagic", or "Activision"?

Looks like Imagic on the box.

It also says "Imagic presents:" on the label.

But it says Activision when you turn it on.

Weird.

Is the logo on the black boxes "Imagic", or "Activision"?

Looks like Imagic on the box.

It also says "Imagic presents:" on the label.

But it says Activision when you turn it on.

Weird.

For what it's worth, I've fired up Activision Anthology on the PS2 and, sure enough, Demon Attack, Atlantis, and Moonsweeper all have Activision logos replacing the Imagic name, though the cart pics and all bear the Imagic logo. But I always thought the games were hacked to include the Activision logo for the re-re-release (that's a mouth full!). :P

But from the way you said this, I'm taking it that Activision made actual carts with their logo in the game?

Edit: Nevermind... just found the answer to my own question. :P

Edited by rockman_x_2002

I think there were only 11 Imagic titles released in Activision style cartridges in Europe. These had white labels with black text, similar to the font styles and layout seen on the blue labels in the US. I have not played these to check if the on-screen Imagic logo was replaced by Activision. Here are the boxes.

post-1335-1148054937_thumb.jpg

I think there were only 11 Imagic titles released in Activision style cartridges in Europe. These had white labels with black text, similar to the font styles and layout seen on the blue labels in the US. I have not played these to check if the on-screen Imagic logo was replaced by Activision. Here are the boxes.

They still have the Imagic logo on screen.

Here's the whole collection:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft.php?MEN...D=61&VISU=TABLE

8)

They still have the Imagic logo on screen.

Here's the whole collection:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft.php?MEN...D=61&VISU=TABLE

8)

Has someone physically checked or are we going off rom dumps? Imagic released games in the pal format prior to the Activision re-releases. It doesn't come as a surprise that they might would have left the games untouched for their Activision re-releases for the overseas markets.