IGNORED

Ahhh! I caved in and bought the rotary controller!

82-T/A

Arrg!!! I sooo didn't need that. I've got to pay to reshingle my roof, a new garage door, and storm shutters... so this was the LAST purchase I needed. But, I saw it there on eBay and I couldn't help it...

I paid $60 bucks for a new modified rotary controller. What do you guys think? Is it worth it for Tempest? I do love the game, so I figured it would be pretty cool. Any idea if it works with ANY other games at all?

Do any of you guys also have that rotary controller?

I made my own, out of not much. You can too!

That's kinda cool! heheh... But, I already paid by PayPal, so I've got it coming whether I want it now or not! haha..

Quick question though... I was just playing a minute ago (only did 186,000 this time... that's not that great, is it?) and it occured to me. With a rotary controller, how do you move around when you're going through the bonus stages where you fly through the hoops?

With a rotary controller, how do you move around when you're going through the bonus stages where you fly through the hoops?
Connect a standard controller on the second port. During the bonus stages, you will be able to use it to steer.

Awesome! Thanks...

That's kind of rather neat but if Jump and Superzapper are on the Jaguar Controller and Fire and Direction are on the paddle... plus, I need a second controller for the bonus levels? Seems like I need to grow another arm and hand to play this game with high-score rotary dexterity.

Edited by MegaData

That's kind of rather neat but if Jump and Superzapper are on the Jaguar Controller and Fire and Direction are on the paddle... plus, I need a second controller for the bonus levels? Seems like I need to grow another arm and hand to play this game with high-score rotary dexterity.

Who needs the Super Zapper, anyway?? :P

Playing Tempest with a the rotary on the bonus levels works something like this...

Left-Right = Paddle

Up = A

Down = C

Something like that. The rotary left right on these levels is very jumpy and hard to control, not that it wasn't anyway. But possible all the same.

Why do you ask, are you trying to beat the high score? :D

As far as I know, this will not work, Tempest 2000 had special code written for the rotarycontroller.

I don't know the excact details, so anybody correct me if I am wrong

I saw the post... and it certainly crossed my mind!!! hehehe...

Thanks!

Why do you ask, are you trying to beat the high score? :D

As far as I know, this will not work, Tempest 2000 had special code written for the rotarycontroller.

I don't know the excact details, so anybody correct me if I am wrong

I saw the post... and it certainly crossed my mind!!! hehehe...

Thanks!

You should play it regardless! It would be great if you decide to join us :D