IGNORED

LT's Room of Doom pics

Lord Thag

Well, I finally got around to taking pics of my gameroom. I figured you all might enjoy taking a look, as I've enjoyed (and envied) many of your pics over the years. I think I've done pretty well for being a fairly lazy and cheap collector :)

The Mr Do! and Battlezone cabs are my newest addition (this week actually). Highlights of the collection include some oddall stuff like Astrocade, Arcadia 2001, Tomy Tutor, Vic 20 etc. I have around 500 VCS carts now. Near complete 5200, Intelly, O2 etc.

Let me know what you think!

(and yes, my camera is ... not the best...)

post-6030-1148371104_thumb.jpg

post-6030-1148371154_thumb.jpg

post-6030-1148371172_thumb.jpg

post-6030-1148371195_thumb.jpg

post-6030-1148371214_thumb.jpg

post-6030-1148371245_thumb.jpg

post-6030-1148371269_thumb.jpg

post-6030-1148371556_thumb.jpg

post-6030-1148371577_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lord Thag

"I'm just a MAME machine, and I don't work for nobody but you"

Nice cabinet.

Thanks! It's only half finished though. I need to get bezel and control panel art made, as well as paint the sides and get some side art. I'm going to re-design the control panel too. It's too cramped as is. I think I'll go for a single player setup.

So, how long have you been collecting for?
Well, I've been seriously collecting for about four years now. Prior to that it was just the occasional thirft find. I've done pretty well, I think. I'm unwilling to pay the big bucks for the really rare games, but since I'm more of a player than a collector, it works out pretty good.

Thing is, I used to drool over everyone else's collections and think 'I could never find all of that'. Then I became good friends with a *really* hardcore collector (whose room makes mine look like the minor leagues), and I realized that what it really is all about is persistence. The lion's share of what I have now was picked up within the last two years, and I didn't spend a fortune either. I've gotten most of my rare stuff for very fair prices off of the marketplace board here, which I highly recommend.

Whenever I see a big collection like this, right after I drool with jealousy, I immediately think of all the time it must take dust everything.

:D Yeah, no kidding. Fortunately, my cat knocks everything over enough to keep it from building up ;)