IGNORED

**Possibly For Sale** Handheld/Portable Atari 2600

EricDeLee

Okay... I MAY (Keyword: MAY) be selling my Handheld Atari 2600. This is the portable Atari 2600 that Ben Heck made for me a little while ago. The 'pancake version'

The link on Ben's site that talks about this portable Atari are here:

Pancake Atari

It has made it's rounds on the internet... most of Ben's new portables are talked about highly. I watched Ben for years, and thought about making one myself. Got his book and everything. Then I simply asked him to make one, and he came up with this concept. Which... I love. One really really nice thing is the BIG screen. It is the only Atari 2600 portable he has done using the PSOne screen. 5 inches of colorful Atari fun!

But I still have that zest to make my own.... and this is why I may be selling this one. So... here's the deal. There is a PM button below. You all know how to work that thing! Or talk about it in this thread. I'm thinking about trades, and well... I guess I accept cash as well. ;)

I'm not really sure what to ask for, as I know that most of the times IF someone sells one of these suckers it fetches for more than what the owner paid for it. I was thinking of the ebay route... but was wanting to see what offers would come my way if I just went this route instead. Besides... knowing Ebay... they would yank it off of there site because I would explain it in depth too much and they would consider it as keyword spamming or something silly.

Now... I do have a Krok cart on the way. My whole plan when I got this thing was to get a Cuttle Cart or something similar. Then I read about the Krok cart... so I may be just happy with that and my portable Atari. Then I may sell off the rest of my games.

So right now... I'm thinking about a few different options. I'm trying to weigh them all.

1. Sell this thing, and keep my Atari 2600 goodies (original stuff).

2. Or keep this... the Krok cart and sell off all of my Atari 2600 stuff.

(Nope... I'm not selling my Lynx stuff! LOL I'm keeping that).

Let me know what think about this subject. I'm accepting offers... but keep in mind that I may not sell after it is all said and done.

Stuff I look for: Lynx items (I have right at 70 of the games... mostly need repros of the prototypes and the homebrews)

Vectrex games/items (I have 20 or so games. I am thinking of just getting a VecFlash and calling it even on that collection)

Thinking about getting a Turbo Grafx Express... but never played one or seen one. Not sure if it is my taste. Would need games with it.

Beyond that... I am open to many things. I collect Atari 2600... but still... I'm unsure as to which way I want to go right now. I may sell off all of my games... but I'm afraid I'll miss the hardware and original feel.

Make offers... and have fun!!!

Eric DeLee

(yes... I know I'm wishy washy on this subject! LOL)

post-3390-1149200000_thumb.jpg

My offer is that if you Ebay it, you can pretty much count on me bidding generously on it (possibly more than Rick offers you; possibly not...that's a chance you will have to take). If not, I offer you $0.00 as I have absolutely zero interest in trying to offer you money for something only to be "outbid" by another collector behind closed doors. ;-)

My offer is that if you Ebay it, you can pretty much count on me bidding generously on it (possibly more than Rick offers you; possibly not...that's a chance you will have to take). If not, I offer you $0.00 as I have absolutely zero interest in trying to offer you money for something only to be "outbid" by another collector behind closed doors. ;-)

LOL

:)

I may end up ebaying it if I do sell it. I think I will go that route for an actual sell. I guess I'm more so looking at trade offers here... trying to see what is available. (for example: if someone has a Turbo Grafx Express system for trade with games... etc.)

Thanks....

Wish I still had my TurboExpress to trade. It is an awesome system and I don't think you would be at all disappointed with it. Although you may regret getting rid of that excellent looking portable VCS... I would love to have that thing...Good luck with whatever you decide...:)

I hope so too. If not, maybe you can add the immediate payment required and no zero feedback bidders restrictions to prevent that from happening again.

This is the email I got from the so-called buyer:

I agreed to pay the amount you want as buy it now any aditional money for the shipping.but i am using this opportunity to inform you that the amount that will be on the moneyorder will more than ur item fees.i don"t realy know the exact amount it will be.bcos it will be issue by my client.and the reason of the over payment is that.the amount on the moneyorder has been signed,and it is more than ur item fees.so once you receive it.you must deduct ur item fees and westernunion the balance money to my client manager in africa.and the item is going to africa.

there will be no problem about the shipment.i want you to responsible for it.also make sure you deduct ur item fees and westernunion any aditional money on the m/o once you receive it..and email me ur phone# asap today.

Below are the questions i have for you.

1)is the item in good condition?

2)is any westernunion location where you to send the balance money money arround you?

3)can you make sure you get the m/o cash at ur bank the sameday you receive it?

4)can you allow me to send DHL for the pick up and complet the transaction the day you receive the moneyorder?

If yes too all my questions.kindly email me back asap today so that the moneyorder can be send asap,

Regards,

The VCS-p went back on the trading block the next day. Possible deal worked out....

Maybe....

I hope so too. If not, maybe you can add the immediate payment required and no zero feedback bidders restrictions to prevent that from happening again.

I agreed to pay the amount you want as buy it now any aditional money for the shipping.but i am using this opportunity to inform you that the amount that will be on the moneyorder will more than ur item fees.i don"t realy know the exact amount it will be.bcos it will be issue by my client.and the reason of the over payment is that.the amount on the moneyorder has been signed,and it is more than ur item fees.so once you receive it.you must deduct ur item fees and westernunion the balance money to my client manager in africa.and the item is going to africa.

there will be no problem about the shipment.i want you to responsible for it.also make sure you deduct ur item fees and westernunion any aditional money on the m/o once you receive it..and email me ur phone# asap today.

2)is any westernunion location where you to send the balance money money arround you?

4)can you allow me to send DHL for the pick up and complet the transaction the day you receive the moneyorder?

If yes too all my questions.kindly email me back asap today so that the moneyorder can be send asap,

Regards,

The VCS-p went back on the trading block the next day. Possible deal worked out....

Maybe....

Let them send the money order, I've always wanted to see one of those fake Nigerian MO's. :D

Regards,

Maybe....

Let them send the money order, I've always wanted to see one of those fake Nigerian MO's. :D

lol

If/When it goes back on Ebay please post that link - it's definitely awesome. *drool*

I've never seen a Nigerian MO either,lol. :ponder:

Man, I called this one before it was posted (see other related thread) !

There was an article in the Washington Post last week about this. Apparently, even when the check or money order "clears" your bank, it can still be fradulent, and it can take weeks to discover. The only way you could be sure a deal like this is legit would be to deposit the money and wait until it clears the account on the other end. It could take a month the article said. They had a guy that lost his Mustang over the deal.

Nuts. Good luck, I am sure there is a legit buyer in the world for it :)

Cassidy

There was an article in the Washington Post last week about this. Apparently, even when the check or money order "clears" your bank, it can still be fradulent, and it can take weeks to discover.

It could take up to 18 months and if it bounces, you are not only liable, but could end up in jail until the logistics get sorted out. That's the wonderful giant corporate banking industry for you who do have the resources to change that but will not do so because it is not "cost effective". That's the same reason they will sometimes reuse account numbers even though someone may still have an old check book laying around and start using it thinking they still have money in a forgotten account or take any serious measures to protect the identities of their customers.