IGNORED

Diablo-look a like possible on A8?

this looks really great... imagine lava animation which can be done like in Boinxx...

the only thing is that from my point of view the corner of the wall cut looks not correct... imho. the angle does not fit.

what about sacrifice some more chars to fix that?`

otherwise i guess this could work.

btw. think of the following...

the player sprite will consists of 2x3 chars f.e. and all aditional armor/shield etc will be visible. but we do not want to waste chars for that... we can simply replace the chars so we can have the additional armor chars (f.e. 4 types normal, enhanced, epic,...) somewhere else and just copy them over when player puts on the new stuff?

of course...if working 5200 in mind we would have to spend 1k ram more of his 16k...

this looks really great... imagine lava animation which can be done like in Boinxx...

the only thing is that from my point of view the corner of the wall cut looks not correct... imho. the angle does not fit.

what about sacrifice some more chars to fix that?`

otherwise i guess this could work.

what angle do you think would be the best? to fill the whole black gap?

btw. the lava animation could be also improved with simple colour register changes, so that it would look like it glows - in case that only the lava pools/streams use this colour, which is the case for the screenshot.

the last one looks very good. now draw the NE yellow "top" side wall.

btw. with round corners i mean like statue is on the edge between each side of the wall... ehm... ;) difficult to describe...

I don't quite understand which wall should I draw :-)

You mean the other "mirrored" wall ending?

Edited by pseudografx

the last one looks very good. now draw the NE yellow "top" side wall.

btw. with round corners i mean like statue is on the edge between each side of the wall... ehm... ;) difficult to describe...

I don't quite understand which wall should I draw :-)

You mean the other "mirrored" wall ending?

Call it nitpicking, but you are using all 5 playfield colours for the level design.

How, do you think, a "Diablo" game can be done further?

We set one Hero then, using all PMg and move another enemy in the vertically splitted PM-range on the screen....?

cool ;-)

Again: the best solution is to leave all static level design.

Why not just have the NW facing walls drawn, then put floor there if the player moves near them?

Or, go the clipping route like I described before.

Scrolling: maybe have 64 bytes per line. Allows some degree of l-r movement without having to do any redraw, plus makes address calculations much easier (just load base address from table, then OR in X value).

Have x extra lines predrawn at top/bottom - x dependant on memory resources.