IGNORED

I officially hate snipers...

orrimarrko

Of the serious bids, I was outbid with 4 or 5 seconds to go - which is a little odd, considering that the snipe shouldn't have taken place until there was 3 seconds to go. Hmm...

That's an easy one. You tried to snipe, but someone else got a bid in before you with a higher proxy.

"UPDATE" I just beat Britishdragon out of another boxed 2600 game last night!!! it was PICNIC, from US Games.

Yeah, I saw that. There was a boatload of sniping going on with those auctions last night (and more to come tonight, no doubt). I would have liked to get Picnic, but just for the box since I already have the cart and manual. The only sniping of mine that worked was for Fireball. Now I just need a Supercharger (I already have the box, manual, and Phaser Patrol pack-in...sometimes in collecting you have to assemble stuff in a weird order...). Still, good score on that Picnic - this is why you are the Pitbull of Atari!

UPDATE AGAIN!!!!! I just beat Britishdragon out of yet another Atari 2600 game, this time I took Steepel Chase from Sears for just $22.00

:D :D :D

Well, here's a classic case of what a sniper is good for . . .

I wanted this and my bid didn't even register on the radar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7625697219

Mind you I wasn't willing to pay this much for it and am more happy that via the snipe tool I had my max bid in place and let nature take its course. Otherwise, I might find myself more than a few hundred dollars in the hole. I've been using it for that reason when I have bid on stuff. Plok down what I think its worth and hope for the best. Lately I've lost, but I did win these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8281155641

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8281155795

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8283160718

Still, I really wanted that scope; it's pretty nice for its age. I have learned from my years thrifting though: "patience and persistance grasshopper".

Hex.

[ Was topping out at around half of what that scope went for... :P ]

From 'Arrested Development'? Yeah. I've only caught a couple of episodes, but him wanting to become a 'blue man' and getting creamed by a car at dusk is just bizarre-funny. And hey, gotta mix it up every once in a while.

Hex.

[ Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a stake I need to be tied to... ]

Heh. You *might* want to do a little research on Tobias before you use him as your personal avatar. :)

Not that there is anything wrong with that... :D

Arrested Development is probably my *favorite* television show in the last 10 years, and one of the very few shows on television that was worth watching.

"UPDATE" I just beat Britishdragon out of another boxed 2600 game last night!!! it was PICNIC, from US Games.

Yeah, I saw that. There was a boatload of sniping going on with those auctions last night (and more to come tonight, no doubt). I would have liked to get Picnic, but just for the box since I already have the cart and manual. The only sniping of mine that worked was for Fireball. Now I just need a Supercharger (I already have the box, manual, and Phaser Patrol pack-in...sometimes in collecting you have to assemble stuff in a weird order...). Still, good score on that Picnic - this is why you are the Pitbull of Atari!

UPDATE AGAIN!!!!! I just beat Britishdragon out of yet another Atari 2600 game, this time I took Steepel Chase from Sears for just $22.00

Yup, saw that once I got back to the ol 'puter and looked up the bids. I am rather surprised that some of these didn't go for more...I shoulda bid...that Quick Step was a friggin' steal!

I really need to sit down and figure out what remaining boxes I need for R5 titles.

There are three reasons why I only snipe nowadays:

1) Prevents shill bidding

2) Might get me the item for less than expected

3) Prevents anyone else knowing I'm interested in the item

Though I do sometimes place a marker bid for exactly the same reason as sku_u mentioned; I've noticed sellers are a lot less likely to pull an auction if there's already a bid on it. So if it's something really, really desirable... can only hope that it goes to the end.

I still bid my maximum at the end of course, and take my chances. All the excitement here. I do all my sniping manually as well, except if it finishes at like 4am, then I do use a web based method instead.

I agree totaly... I like to lurk my auctions and snipe live... It gives me a rush. I'll bid the highest I'm willing to pay and most times it's a few dollars more than I originaly decided. Last night for example I tried to snipe on a cargo cover for my car, I sniped with about 8 seconds left and two other sniped after me and it was gone... Ohh well. Better luck next time.

Yup, saw that once I got back to the ol 'puter and looked up the bids. I am rather surprised that some of these didn't go for more...I shoulda bid...that Quick Step was a friggin' steal!

I really need to sit down and figure out what remaining boxes I need for R5 titles.

You are so right, now I am going to admite something here that I did not want to admite, but here it goes, After going threw my collection last week I found out that I was missing a shit load of easy to get games that for some reason I thought I already had like Slot Racer, Championship Soccer and even Home run, well I have corrected those situations, but dam, go threw your stuff and you will be amazed at what you still need!!!!!!!!!

:!: :-o :-o

David Cross is hilarious. His standup is very smart, he was a riot on Just Shoot Me as Slow Donnie, and Mr. Show - fuhgeddaboudit! Funniest sketch show ever!

I did not realize he was the same guy who played Slow Donnie...

Chicken-pot-chicken-pot-chicken-pot pieeeeeeeee....