IGNORED

Rare Genesis Games

Hard to say with the Genesis what is rare..and what isn't. You see many of the games fetch the prices they do because of popularity within the game. Phantasy star games are perfect examples of this. As for Gunstar...I have seen several in the wild. In fact I just auctioned one off on Yahoo for 8.99 loose. I can tell you that games that are considered rare are mostly the european only type releases...and some of the later made games. For instance Skeleton Crew and Frogger are both considered to be fairly rare as they were made late in the genesis's life and so didn't see the production run that many other games did.

If you ever see Pirates! Gold...snag that one...it is a great little action RPG and isn't that common either.

I don't know all about the rarity of genesis games...but with over 100 carts in my genesis collection...I know what I see often and what I don't.

quote:

Originally posted by -^Cro§Bow^-:

For instance Skeleton Crew and Frogger are both considered to be fairly rare as they were made late in the genesis's life and so didn't see the production run that many other games did.

I got Frogger while out thrifiting for $3 at Salvation Army, not a bad find then I peronally got it just to see what it was like on the Genesis, seeing how it was first on the Atari

Why how much is a loose Frogger for the Sega Genesis worth?

I also have Pac-Man I got thrifiting, and 6-Pak that I bought brand new and still have the box and instructions for. I got 6-Pak at Wal-mart for $7 something right after Sega announced they were discontinuing everything.

Well...Frogger usually is priced cart loose at about 12-14 bucks. That may not seem like a lot. But then Funco sells Phantasy Star games loose for the same price.

Frogger for the Genesis I am told by a friend of mine is about the best version he has played on a home console. He says it looks and sounds just like the arcade and even the controls feel right.

I don't have a Genny Frogger in my collection yet so I can't vouch personally. However, this friend of mine is very very picky about arcade game ports to consoles. If he praises it...then I basically trust him that is must rock.

They also made Frogger for the SNES...same crew...but I think it is botched up somehow. Again, I haven't played either on either system.

quote:

Originally posted by -^Cro§Bow^-:

Well...Frogger usually is priced cart loose at about 12-14 bucks. That may not seem like a lot. But then Funco sells Phantasy Star games loose for the same price.

Frogger for the Genesis I am told by a friend of mine is about the best version he has played on a home console. He says it looks and sounds just like the arcade and even the controls feel right.

Not to bad of a find then, I enjoy it just because it is Frogger and is fun to play

The game is really great, I haven't played the Arcade version believe it or not, so I can't make a comparison.

My local Funcoland has Beyond Oasis and Landstalker. Both are cart only, and they want $10 each for them.

I'm thinking of getting Landstalker...I've seen pic's of both on the internet...I wish they at least came with instructions..

I noticed alot of the non-sports EA games are kinda rare around here ( Populous, Zany Golf,Budokan, The Immortal, etc )

BTW.. anyone got a complete copy of Fatal Labyrinth they'd like to sell?

Or i might be willing to trade..

zeptari

zany golf is a sports game from ea!

but it is hard to come by as well as it is locked out by the genesis made after 90, unless you have a game genie.

what i wonder is, if sega jumped on the chance to get some 3rd partys to stand a canhce agaisnt nintendo, whyd they have a lock out on games, espe by ones they (later) had a deal with?

i have might and magic by ea how rare is that?

I'm glad I held out on getting Landstalker from funcoland for $10...

Because i hit a tag sale on the way to a friends and picked up

Xmen 2, Vectorman 2 and Landstalker all for $9!!

What a sweet deal!!

all carts only.... but i don't care....

I havn't had time to play them all yet...

I just turned them on to make sure they worked...they all do...

I'll get into playing them sometime this week...

Now... do i get Beyond Oasis or wait to find that one in the wild too!!

[ 06-09-2002: Message edited by: Zeptari ]

well..if that is cart only...then that isn't a bad deal. Beyond Oasis can run that and then some on Ebay frequently. I got lucky and picked up my Beyond Oasis not too long ago for 5.99 CIB at a local used game shop here in town. However, that was the first time I had ever seen beyond oasis locally in the wild like that.