IGNORED

GOT MY PAINTED/MOD DREAMCAST, AWESOME!

AtariJr

I got my modded case today in the mail. I would have painted it myself, but i wanted it dremeled, and the ebay did the dremeling and painting for one price... and let me tell you its the best! I put my insides of my old dreamcast in the new casing, which was a bit of a chore lol, and screwed everything in , including the new yellow power light, and yellow fan! (hard to tell with my picture, almost looks orange in the pictures lol.) The yellow is shiny, and the black is so mat its looks and feels like rubber, its TIGHT. even the sega logo and windows logo are there, and not painted over somehow!

HIGHLY recommended seller on ebay, and all that only paid 53 (mod, paint, yellow lights, new fan, new controller port chip thingy). Ebay name is "cheezymonkey999", check out his store, has %100 good feedback too.

Pics:

post-8862-1152926257_thumb.jpgpost-8862-1152926287_thumb.jpgpost-8862-1152926299_thumb.jpgpost-8862-1152926313_thumb.jpgpost-8862-1152926326_thumb.jpg

Edited by AtariJr

im going to take nicer pics with my digital camera.. those are from my built in isight cam on my imac,... not the best choice lol, sorry.

just so you guys know, you can pic ANY 2 colors, and ANY custom window shape btw.. so the sky is the limit!

Edited by AtariJr

Great job! I been wanting to paint mine for a couple years. I decided to have a theme based on a game, but I haven't decided which yet. House of the Dead 2 will most likely be it. And that reminds me, I need to get a few more games and play my Dreamcast. Prey and Metal Gear Acid 2 both have taken up most of my time.

Edited by xenomorpher

no, unfortunately with that new fan it doesnt get hot in the least ;)

i will say that it LOOKS hot, im still mesmerized by it... its just so cool.. after i took the newer pics i actually left it running. I guess the yellow power and the yellow fan lights had me in a trance lol.

whats that ugly thing on the door?

is that to cover up the huge hole in it?

or is it for letting more dust in the cd area?

its to make me happy... its called a window.. you may have seen it on other things like pcs... then again since your questioning about it as if its alien to you, maybe you have yet to see one.

Cant wait till you put something up here and i make fun of your taste.

whats that ugly thing on the door?

is that to cover up the huge hole in it?

or is it for letting more dust in the cd area?

its to make me happy... its called a window.. you may have seen it on other things like pcs... then again since your questioning about it as if its alien to you, maybe you have yet to see one.

Cant wait till you put something up here and i make fun of your taste.

sorry i didnt mean to make fun of you in any way maybe im just tired and it didnt sound right

i have seen DC mods before but nothing like the one you got

i personally wouldnt want a hole in a cd door, is there a clear plastic piece covering it or is as i said an open hole? , and i have yet to see a pc with a hole in a cd drive

just curious

as long as it makes you happy thats all that matters, and you can see everything i own by veiwing my homepage so start making fun :D

i mean i bought a Treamcast for gods sake ;)

its ok , it just sounded rude is all lol. There is no plexiglass protecting it NOW, but fear not there will be soon. I think for the price i got it at, im happy i got as much as i did lol.

for now a copy of daytona usa in the drive will protect it just fine until then.

i dont know if any of you noticed.. actually i didnt notice until a few min ago, but the lid seems to be custom all together. Its grey on the bottom and seems flatter than the origincal lid (from underneither, the top is the same). Which leads to me wonder if thats how he makes the window.. by instead of dremeling it, making a mold or something. Cuase that hole is really really smooth.. as if it was manufactured that way. Then again what do i know lol.

Edited by AtariJr

I thought this was going to be about someone getting a chip mod because he was too lazy to use a boot-loader.

That's pretty impressive, and I'm motivated to, if nothing else, get a black sports DC and swap case halves. (swapping halves is also something that works well with controllers, especially N64 controllers)

I thought this was going to be about someone getting a chip mod because he was too lazy to use a boot-loader.

That's pretty impressive, and I'm motivated to, if nothing else, get a black sports DC and swap case halves. (swapping halves is also something that works well with controllers, especially N64 controllers)

It looks awsome. I did it with my DCs.

DSC00045-2.jpg

DSC00046-2.jpg

I also ordered one of those cases after reading this topic. I got a white main case with blue lid, buttons, modem,controller faceplate, and double windows. Pics comming soon.

awesome, i like the black and white idea there. Cant wait to see your new case! You wouldnt happen to have an extra black controller youd be willing to see would you?

Sadly I didn't get a controller with my SEGA sports DC (black bottom). I did get $10 off because of it though (I paid $40 instead of $50). When I got my original DC (white bottom) I paid $30, now they're $40. Anyway which one should I mod, SEGA Sports (which I found some cobwebs in btw) or normal?